glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine !

glennk721

Thanks for the brief intermission :laughing:

We have States to place coins.

Greetings to everyone ! :laughing:

This is the beginning of glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine ! Being that it's the beginning of spring, I wish to spread a bit of Florida (Geocoin) Sunshine to every State in the U.S.A .

I will need YOUR help ! Here is the plan. I have activated 50 Blazing Sunshine Micro Coins,

Special thanks to Jim from Castleman Coins for helping to make this project affordable, and donating a hand full of coins to the cause !

glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine Micros

This is a quest to place one Micro Geocoin in each one of the 50 States in a Micro cache (35mm Film can) .

Seeing that it's a Micro Geocoin, I would like to make Micro Caches more interesting for every Cacher across the States.

Lets have some fun while we are at it !

1) I will ask One person to accept a Geocoin to place for me into a Micro cache in your State, One of the 50 Geocoins.

2) I have only one coin for each State to send out.

3) I will mail you a glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine Traveler

By receiving and placing a Micro Geocoin from me, You are automatically entered into a CONTEST,

I would like to plan for the coin drops to be done the second week of June. Since April Showers (Hope we all get some) Bring May flowers growing through June and the summer months we will need the Blazing Sunshine Micros, to Spread Sunshine to help them grow !

And in this process travel in a Geocoin Race !

We all love the contest on the Forums, well here is one of mine. :laughing:

The tracking of caches and miles will start the second week of June This is when you will have to DROP your coin ! Then they will be tracked through the summer to the end of September (Last Day). By then the Sun will start to set early and the traveling contest will conclude !

This month to come will allow me time to get your addresses, and the coins to be sent through the postal system., So all should be ready to drop the Operation Spreading Sunshine Micro.

If you drop a coin for me you will be automatically entered into this contest !

Once you drop my coin sent coin, it's (out of your hands) The rest of it's travels will be for the cachers in the States where these coins end up to traveling.

But please keep us posted on the progress along the way in this thread !

The Coin with the most miles at the end of September will win 2 of my GeoTags being minted One in each finish

The Coin with the most caches at the end of September will win 2 of my GeoTags being minted One in each finish.

SILVERTAG1.jpg

The cost of coins monetary

The postage and mailers monetary

The Efforts and Of Myself and all of you and a Geocoin in a cache in every state ...

Priceless !!

Here is a list of States in no specific order, Please post YOUR State Number So I can fill in the list !!

Then I have set up a separate email account to keep these separate from my standard overflowing email : - )

After you have posted "your" state number from the list please email me at operationsunshine at gmail dot com with your mailing address so I can send you a glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine Geocoin.

There will be other (Sub Contests) in this thread !

And let the fun begin !

1 Alaska - scobey

2 Texas - HiDude_98

3 California - rivercity

4 Montana

5 New Mexico

6 Arizona - Cog&Gil

7 Nevada

8 Colorado - Team_Talisman

9 Oregon - PhantomTech

10 Wyoming -wyohunter

11 Michigan Ladybear4T

12 Minnesota -pfalstad

13 Utah - Damenace

14 Idaho -Toojin & Bart

15 Kansas - larry739

16 Nebraska

17 South Dakota - GPX Navigators

18 Washington - Blue Power Ranger

19 North Dakota

20 Oklahoma

21 Missouri - 57chevy

22 Florida - MommyFinder

23 Wisconsin - Jay Mills

24 Georgia - cmelton14

25 Illinois - CinemaBoxers

26 Iowa - Cydriver

27 New York - Woodland Clan

28 North Carolina - creacher

29 Arkansas

30 Alabama - ~tasia~

31 Louisiana

32 Mississippi - OshnDoc

33 Pennsylvania- lindsychris

34 Ohio - JIMBOBWE

35 Virginia

36 Tennessee - icydove

37 Kentucky

38 Indiana - Team GCHound

39 Maine - acadiahiker

40 South Carolina - donorgirl

41 West Virginia - cainrcc

42 Maryland - Degai

43 Hawaii - sillygirl & jrr

44 Massachusetts - Theseus

45 Vermont

46 New Hampshire - Want2bemore

47 New Jersey - jho135

48 Connecticut

49 Delaware

50 Rhode Island

*** I will loose the ability to add names to this post as 24 hrs will expire please check further in the thread for a new list that I can add names for additional States****

what happens if no one picks them :laughing::laughing:

It is only just over 24hrs since my first post, 30+ coins are on the way in transit. This placing of coins does not start untill the secound week in June and travels conclude the last week in September. There is a long road ahead :laughing: . Most will have delivery within one week for those who have contected me so far. I still have at least 1 more week or better to ship out a coin to be able for everyone to begin the coin drop within a few days of each other. What happens if there is not a coin in every State will be crossed when we get to that bridge. ;) Thanks, Glenn

I knew it was your geocat helping you but I just got home as I had to work afternoon shift and no internet at work. <_< Very glad to be able to take part in your 50 state coin release contest in WV for you.Wow my coin watch list is gona grow by 50 more coins now :D

cainrcc Posted Today, 10:39 PM

I knew it was your geocat helping you but I just got home as I had to work afternoon shift and no internet at work. Very glad to be able to take part in your 50 state coin release contest in WV for you.Wow my coin watch list is gona grow by 50 more coins now

You must be catvoyant <_<

Geopooch

Theseus, You were second close. You get a runners up GeoTag as well your choice of either finish once in hand :D

Thanks again to everyone . Glenn

What happens if there is not a coin in every State will be crossed when we get to that bridge. :D Thanks, Glenn

If you need help, let's try this.

I'm in Oz.

The Wizard of Oz was in Kansas (sort of).

But Kansas is taken.

Arkansas isn't - so combining A from Australia and Oz we could substitute for Arkansas.

. . . .OK I'll go quietly. <_<

What happens if there is not a coin in every State will be crossed when we get to that bridge. <_< Thanks, Glenn

If you need help, let's try this.

I'm in Oz.

The Wizard of Oz was in Kansas (sort of).

But Kansas is taken.

Arkansas isn't - so combining A from Australia and Oz we could substitute for Arkansas.

. . . .OK I'll go quietly. :D

Actually that makes perfect sense to me! :D

cainrcc Posted Today, 10:39 PM

I knew it was your geocat helping you but I just got home as I had to work afternoon shift and no internet at work. Very glad to be able to take part in your 50 state coin release contest in WV for you.Wow my coin watch list is gona grow by 50 more coins now

You must be catvoyant :D

Geopooch

Theseus, You were second close. You get a runners up GeoTag as well your choice of either finish once in hand <_<

Thanks again to everyone . Glenn

Sweeeeeeeet. Thanks!

Hello all , It's great to see the coins arriving :anicute: The coins were placed in the mailers with no specific order, They are just numbered 1-50, When you "GRAB" your coin (please do) it will corispond with the coin you have in hand the (number) on the coin flip.

In the next few days I will add a note to EACH coin page referancing this website thread and mission for the traveler ,

Also you will notice that the coin you have recieved has no traveler tag, and or mission note, There IS a reason for that as well.

The NOTE you write that will travel with the coin (COULD) help to influance the travels :laughing: Now remember ALL you have to do is "DROP" the coin in the 2nd week of June. From there it's on it's own. :wub:

glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine still has some outstanding States that need a traveler, Montana is now taken, Welcome home tsunrisebey please email me with your address at operationsunshine AT gmail dot com :wub:

Thank you all for your participation.

The State list, taken and open :sad:

1 Alaska - scobey

2 Texas - HiDude_98

3 California - rivercity

4 Montana - tsunrisebey

5 New Mexico

6 Arizona - Cog&Gil

7 Nevada

9 Oregon - PhantomTech

10 Wyoming -wyohunter

11 Michigan Ladybear4T

12 Minnesota -pfalstad

13 Utah - Damenace

14 Idaho -Toojin & Bart

15 Kansas - larry739

16 Nebraska

19 North Dakota

20 Oklahoma

21 Missouri - 57chevy

22 Florida - MommyFinder

23 Wisconsin - Jay Mills

24 Georgia - cmelton14

26 Iowa - Cydriver

29 Arkansas

30 Alabama - ~tasia~

31 Louisiana

32 Mississippi - OshnDoc

34 Ohio - JIMBOBWE

35 Virginia

36 Tennessee - icydove

37 Kentucky

39 Maine - acadiahiker

42 Maryland - Degai

45 Vermont

47 New Jersey - jho135

48 Connecticut

49 Delaware

50 Rhode Island

Edited by glennk721

I received my coin today, and you answered my question. I was not sure if they where activated and I was not sure if we where allowed to add a traveler tag to it somehow.

Yes a traveler tag would be tough to (drill) into the coin also would make it bulky., I don't mind if you do though, You could simply add a cardboard type of note insert to go with it, As it (should) be dropped in a Micro Cache (35mm) film can , If none are close to you, a regular cache would do, but the objective is to make Micros more fun for cachers all over the States. Glenn :laughing:

Hello all , It's great to see the coins arriving :anicute: The coins were placed in the mailers with no specific order, They are just numbered 1-50, When you "GRAB" your coin (please do) it will corispond with the coin you have in hand the (number) on the coin flip.

In the next few days I will add a note to EACH coin page referancing this website thread and mission for the traveler ,

Also you will notice that the coin you have recieved has no traveler tag, and or mission note, There IS a reason for that as well.

The NOTE you write that will travel with the coin (COULD) help to influance the travels :laughing: Now remember ALL you have to do is "DROP" the coin in the 2nd week of June. From there it's on it's own. :wub:

glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine still has some outstanding States that need a traveler, Montana is now taken, Welcome home tsunrisebey please email me with your address at operationsunshine AT gmail dot com :wub:

The State list, taken and open :sad:

1 Alaska - scobey

2 Texas - HiDude_98

3 California - rivercity

4 Montana - tsunrisebey

5 New Mexico

6 Arizona - Cog&Gil

7 Nevada

9 Oregon - PhantomTech

10 Wyoming -wyohunter

11 Michigan Ladybear4T

12 Minnesota -pfalstad

13 Utah - Damenace

14 Idaho -Toojin & Bart

15 Kansas - larry739

16 Nebraska

19 North Dakota

20 Oklahoma

21 Missouri - 57chevy

22 Florida - MommyFinder

23 Wisconsin - Jay Mills

24 Georgia - cmelton14

26 Iowa - Cydriver

29 Arkansas

30 Alabama - ~tasia~

31 Louisiana

32 Mississippi - OshnDoc

34 Ohio - JIMBOBWE

35 Virginia

36 Tennessee - icydove

37 Kentucky

39 Maine - acadiahiker

42 Maryland - Degai

45 Vermont

47 New Jersey - jho135

48 Connecticut

49 Delaware

50 Rhode Island

I will be in Rhode Island that week so you can mail it to the following address:)

Frozen Buns

c/o Lamberts

190 Seven Mile Road

Hope RI 02831

Edited by Frozen Buns

i rec'd #16 today... is it supposed to be the same number as the number on your list? if so, AL is 30 on your list...

From post above :laughing:

Hello all , It's great to see the coins arriving The coins were placed in the mailers with no specific order, They are just numbered 1-50, When you "GRAB" your coin (please do) it will corispond with the coin you have in hand the (number) on the coin flip.

Frozen Buns, Please email me the address at operationsunshine AT gmail dot com

If no one from (Living in) Rhode Island replies by this Thursday, I will send the coin ahead for you. Thanks :anicute:

You may want to edit the personal info from your post,

A Note to all, Please Do not drop your coin before the secound week in June, so "Everyone" starts the race together within a few days of each other.

Cheers, Glenn

Received #6 over here in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Three clarifying questions:

1) First drop must be in a micro but subsequent caches can be any type, correct?

2) Would you confirm when the 2nd week of June is? I could interpret that as June 3 (i.e. June starts the prior week and this is the first day of the "second" week), June 8 (first day of second week (= seven days) in June), June 10 (second Sunday in June). Just want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun. Well, more precisely, that anyone else is jumping the gun. :wub::anicute::laughing:

3) Must the coin remain in the same state? I suspect yes but just confirming.

Thanks again, Glenn and apologies if I missed the answers earlier in the thread.

p.s. Attaching a neon light is fair game, yes?

Three clarifying questions:

1) First drop must be in a micro but subsequent caches can be any type, correct ?

Yes , Unless there is no Micro cache in your area (dought that) After the "DROP" any cache is fair game :wub:

2) Would you confirm when the 2nd week of June is? I could interpret that as June 3 (i.e. June starts the prior week and this is the first day of the "second" week), June 8 (first day of second week (= seven days) in June), June 10 (second Sunday in June). Just want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun. Well, more precisely, that anyone else is jumping the gun. :laughing::sad::wub:

Any time in the 2nd week of June, Starting the 9th through the 16th , This race/contest runs through to the last day in September (the 30th), There is a long road ahead, I sincearly dought a few days will make a great differance :sad:

3) Must the coin remain in the same state? I suspect yes but just confirming.

It is ment to remain in the State released to "Spread Sunshine" on your State, There is always a chance it may go astray. I will note the coin's pages (all of them) to try to help them from wandering to another State or abroad.

p.s. Attaching a neon light is fair game, yes?

That' s completely up to you :anicute:

Edited by glennk721

Got it! Arrived the day before yesterday and forgot to post, sorry :D I'll be handing it off at our Think-Tank or upcoming cache friends camp out. Sending something equally cool your way now :D

Hiya Chris, Don't think I have you down for a "state" for Operation Spreading Sunshine. :D , Perhaps you have my Friendship Run coin ?

There is another thread for those :D

Got it! Arrived the day before yesterday and forgot to post, sorry :D I'll be handing it off at our Think-Tank or upcoming cache friends camp out. Sending something equally cool your way now :D

Hiya Chris, Don't think I have you down for a "state" for Operation Spreading Sunshine. :D , Perhaps you have my Friendship Run coin ?

There is another thread for those :D

Oops! Didn't realize I was in the wrong thread :D

I received #25 - New Hampshire in the mail today.

Clarifying, and I know that others have asked this but I want to make sure that I am understanding correctly.

Can we add a little note in the geocoin's sleeve, about it's misson to stay in-state and in micros?

I think the answer is yes, but I also saw that you want them to travel naturally.

I received #25 - New Hampshire in the mail today.

Clarifying, and I know that others have asked this but I want to make sure that I am understanding correctly.

Can we add a little note in the geocoin's sleeve, about it's misson to stay in-state and in micros?

I think the answer is yes, but I also saw that you want them to travel naturally.

Greetings, YES you may add a travel message IE Card, with the coins. This is copied from post (WAY) above :D

Hello all , It's great to see the coins arriving :D The coins were placed in the mailers with no specific order, They are just numbered 1-50, When you "GRAB" your coin (please do) it will corispond with the coin you have in hand the (number) on the coin flip.

The NOTE you write that will travel with the coin (COULD) help to influance the travels :D Now remember ALL you have to do is "DROP" the coin in the 2nd week of June. From there it's on it's own. :D

glennk721 Operation Spreading Sunshine still has some outstanding States that need a traveler,

Then this from a bit down further :D

It is ment to remain in the State released to "Spread Sunshine" on your State, There is always a chance it may go astray. I will note the coin's pages (all of them) to try to help them from wandering to another State or abroad.

AND :D

Yes a traveler tag would be tough to (drill) into the coin also would make it bulky., I don't mind if you do though, You could simply add a cardboard type of note insert to go with it, As it (should) be dropped in a Micro Cache (35mm) film can , If none are close to you, a regular cache would do, but the objective is to make Micros more fun for cachers all over the States.

And Available States, If not taken by this Thursday by (residents) , Will seek alternatve placment, :D

1 Alaska - scobey

2 Texas - HiDude_98

3 California - rivercity

4 Montana - tsunrisebey

5 New Mexico

6 Arizona - Cog&Gil

7 Nevada

9 Oregon - PhantomTech

10 Wyoming -wyohunter

11 Michigan Ladybear4T

12 Minnesota -pfalstad

13 Utah - Damenace

14 Idaho -Toojin & Bart

15 Kansas - larry739

16 Nebraska

19 North Dakota - Big Bear TC

20 Oklahoma

21 Missouri - 57chevy

22 Florida - MommyFinder

23 Wisconsin - Jay Mills

24 Georgia - cmelton14

26 Iowa - Cydriver

29 Arkansas

30 Alabama - ~tasia~

31 Louisiana

32 Mississippi - OshnDoc

34 Ohio - JIMBOBWE

35 Virginia - Morgan's Marauders

36 Tennessee - icydove

37 Kentucky - emurock

39 Maine - acadiahiker

42 Maryland - Degai

45 Vermont

47 New Jersey - jho135

48 Connecticut

49 Delaware

50 Rhode Island

Thanks, Glenn

Edited by glennk721

Glenn,

It is possible that I will be going to RI in the next couple of months (not sure when yet). If so, I might be able to help you out on dropping the coin there.... but I know there is a deadline so let me know if this is workable for you.

d

Thanks Derek, Frozen Buns had stated in this thread (above) that she would be in RI the week of the drop, Thanks for the offer though , Glenn :D

OHhhhhhhhh, pick me! I'm in Virginia!!!

Please send a email to me at operationsunshine AT gmail dot com with your mailing addy ;)

Thanks everyone for the offers to drop a coin. I have not decided exactly where they will go after Thursday passes. Watch for a post come Friday :P

Edited by glennk721