Photo Journal

Here are a few from the this year and last. I know this isn't exactly the Sierra Nevadas, but we have some OK places to backpack in NJ and nearby.

Skigirl along the Appalachain Trail last summer

141_4196.jpg

This was a day hike about 5 miles from my house I have a cache here.

145_4502.jpg

Skigirl stopping for a snack alont the AT

141_4187.jpg

Our new tent and my old pack

155_5595.jpg

Breakfast in the comfy Thermarest chair

141_4188.jpg

Last fall near the AT

150_5025.jpg

The hikes we made were in two contrasting areas, one untouched by fire recently, and one ravaged by a huge fire last July. :blink:

Talk about two contrasting areas...Same hike same day 1300 feet elevaton difference on our Hike Of The Month.

Allanon's group shot:

3e240ca4-bb82-41c8-9c06-d75fc0ad8e5e.jpg

Hike of the Month May and LR's 2000 Group Shot

L-R Top: AndrewRJ, Criminal, TotemLake, Square Bear Bottom: PlaidGuy, LittleBlue, Recdiver, LandRover, Prying Pandora, poodleranch

And then the top of the hill group shot:

26c46844-ba20-46e1-9736-8b70384cb6a8.jpg

Top of the hill group shot

L-R from the back: Little Blue, AndrewRJ, SquareBear, Prying Pandora, Plaid Guy, Front: TotemLake, Landrover, Criminal

Edited by TotemLake

Allanon's group shot:

Hike of the Month May and LR's 2000 Group Shot

L-R Top: AndrewRJ, Criminal, TotemLake, Square Bear Bottom: PlaidGuy, LittleBlue, Recdiver, LandRover, Prying Pandora, poodleranch

Hey, I know most of that group!

Here's a few photos from the weekend trip to Lake Tahoe:

Emerald Bay (grabbed a 5* terrain cache on the island)

emeraldbayym5.jpg

Eagle Falls up behind Vikingsholm castle: (cache nearby)

fallsts0.jpg

Finally, a general shot of the incredible water in Lake Tahoe (for those not familiar with it, the clarity is such that you can see 80+ feet down!)

watersr9.jpg

Hey, I know most of that group!

Here's a few photos from the weekend trip to Lake Tahoe:

I love that clear blue water at Tahoe. I have driven around the lake but not hiked the area. We have that cool clear blue water up here too. This is from my first long geo-hike to Gem lake. It got me hooked. We should do it the next time you're up here.

1978768_300.jpg

Edited by MarcusArelius

I like sunsets...John Muir Wilderness, CA

8ce90162-9723-425a-975c-eb4d04820199.jpg

Taken during a 26 mile backpack that took us over two 10,000+ ft passes.

For those meteorologically inclined, my smarter half tells me that pretty cloud is a standing wave cloud, and coincidentally some of her co-workers were in the area studying this unique phenom of the Sierra when I took the picture.

Edited by Touchstone

Excellent photos!

I was wondering when they would be posted (as I didn't get a notification from the cache as I SHOULD have... hmm...) and it looks SO dry I'm wondering if the rain thing was just a fish story. :laughing:

Nice to see what the pack looks like with all that weight/gear as well. I'da flipped over backwards and would have had to wait for some nice passerby to roll me over so I could move again. :rolleyes:

Thanks, TL!

michelle

Excellent photos!

I was wondering when they would be posted (as I didn't get a notification from the cache as I SHOULD have... hmm...) and it looks SO dry I'm wondering if the rain thing was just a fish story. :rolleyes:

Nice to see what the pack looks like with all that weight/gear as well. I'da flipped over backwards and would have had to wait for some nice passerby to roll me over so I could move again. :laughing:

Thanks, TL!

michelle

Thanks! I was surprised at how quickly the area would generally dry out with exception to my tent of course. I had to take a pack towel to the fly before removing it just to make it suitable for packing away. The pictures and log were posted last night.

My laptop crashed and I accidentally formatted the drive on system recovery the morning after I loaded the pictures onto the laptop and deleted them from the camera. I found this nifty little program that recovers from formatted drives to recover most of my data.

Here are a few from the this year and last. I know this isn't exactly the Sierra Nevadas, but we have some OK places to backpack in NJ and nearby.

Skigirl along the Appalachain Trail last summer

141_4196.jpg

This was a day hike about 5 miles from my house I have a cache here.

145_4502.jpg

Skigirl stopping for a snack alont the AT

141_4187.jpg

Our new tent and my old pack

155_5595.jpg

Breakfast in the comfy Thermarest chair

141_4188.jpg

Last fall near the AT

150_5025.jpg

Briansnat,

Thanks for posting the AT pictures. You are certainly right, NJ still has some nice areas and its short length of AT is my favorite place to backpack. It was refreshing to see that area represented. Is the last picture Mt. Tammany?

Just so I do not offend: The other places are beautiful too! :)