Garmin 60 CSx trivia question

When I create a user waypoint using the Mark button, it assigns the next sequential number as the default waypoint name.

After deleting the waypoint it still uses the next higher number.

I generally use the mark function just for temporary waypoints.

Is there a way to reset the count back to zero?

When I create a user waypoint using the Mark button, it assigns the next sequential number as the default waypoint name.

I think so, try this:

1. Upload all your wapoints to MapSource (so you don't lose them).

2. delete all the waypoints in your unit.

3. Reload your saved points from mapsourse (this is an optional step, but it puts your previously saved ones back)

This should start you over at 001.

CenTexDodger is right on, but if you reload any waypoints that have the numbering, the device will skip them with the next "mark." For example, if you delete all the waypoints, but reload 001 from MapSource, the next time you hit "mark" you'll start at 002.

CenTexDodger is right on, but if you reload any waypoints that have the numbering, the device will skip them with the next "mark." For example, if you delete all the waypoints, but reload 001 from MapSource, the next time you hit "mark" you'll start at 002.

Thanks for the ideas, but...It didn't work. Deleted all waypoints, geocaches, etc. leaving only the points included in the City Navigator DB. Shut down and re-started the GPSr - not sure why- Microsoft habit :P

Next marked point came up as 50 something, not 001...Any other ideas?

I suspect it could be done with a master reset, but I don't really want to reload all the maps, etc...

TIA

I don't think there is any type of reset for the waypoint numbering, but if you have cleared all waypoints from the unit it does start numbering again at 001(at least with my 60cx it does, with software version 330/gps chipset 290).

To clear all waypoints at once goto the trip computer page & press the menu key, in the popup menu select reset, and check "delete all waypoints" and hit apply.

Also if I remember right if you rename the waypoint you mark from 012 or whatever to 001 it will start the numbering again at 001,002, ect.

Resetting the waypoint counter:

There is no easy way of doing this, but there is no need to go to the extent of moving all waypoints etc back and forth using Mapsource!

After deleting all the "numbered" waypoints, the best method of resetting the counter is as follows:

1. MARK a waypoint location. When the default name (3 digit number) appears edit the name to read "001". Press OK.

2. FIND waypoint 001 and then delete it (if you don't want it).

3. At the next marking the default name will be 002. (There is no way to get the counter to start at 001)".

Happy caching. :P

Edited by BaldEd

Resetting the waypoint counter:

There is no easy way of doing this, but there is no need to go to the extent of moving all waypoints etc back and forth using Mapsource!

After deleting all the "numbered" waypoints, the best method of resetting the counter is as follows:

1. MARK a waypoint location. When the default name (3 digit number) appears edit the name to read "001". Press OK.

2. FIND waypoint 001 and then delete it.

3. At the next marking the default name will be 002. (There is no way to get the counter to start at 001)".

Happy caching. :P

Thanks! The BaldEd method worked!

The hogrod way did too.

bxc53 ( not overburdened with hair either...)

Edited by bxc53

IF you want to go back to 001, this works on my 76CS:

1. Mark a waypoint. Whatever the number that comes up, edit it to "999". Put the highlight on OK and press enter.

2. The next waypoint will be 001. Do not enter OK unless you want to save it as 001, otherwise edit it to the name of your choice before entering OK. As long as you don't accept 001 ("OK"), every future marked waypoint will come up as 001.

3. Delete 999, if desired.

Edited by Klatch

I think so, try this:

1. Upload all your wapoints to MapSource (so you don't lose them).

2. delete all the waypoints in your unit.

3. Reload your saved points from mapsourse (this is an optional step, but it puts your previously saved ones back)

This should start you over at 001.

A few weeks ago I did this and it restarted.

I also deleted all distance ect. info

Also my waypoint # was was above 900, which might have an effect :P

1. Mark a waypoint. Whatever the number that comes up, edit it to "999". Put the highlight on OK and press enter.

2. The next waypoint will be 001.

:laughing: Thanks Klatch. Works with my 76CSx too. I'll amend the note I've stuck in my manual. I had previously tried changing the number to 000, but that didn't work!

2. The next waypoint will be 001.

:laughing: Thanks Klatch. Works with my 76CSx too. I'll amend the note I've stuck in my manual. I had previously tried changing the number to 000, but that didn't work!

FYI press page is a shortcut for "Put the highlight on OK and press enter "