TB race from florida to Abu Dhabi

The CAD's

Just a quick note to UAE cachers -

The Cad's are setting up a travel bug race to be released at the start of July in Florida to come through Europe to the UAE.

There are 7 bugs so far , attached to model cars with race instructions representing players in the UAE and UK.

There are 2 reasons for this post on the Arabian Penninsula Forum

firstly - we have prepared a "checkered flag cache" which will be stashed in the UAE with coordinates only posted on the TB tracking pages for each bug.

This Checkered flag cache will be the finish line for the race and will contain a modest race winners support team prize for the cacher that manages to drop the first of our racing bugs into this final location cache.

Once the race is won and the Checkered flag prize has been claimed, we will publish the cache as normal, as a general TB Hotel.

Secondly, If anyone else from the UAE would like to join the race, you're very welcome - You just need to supply a TB (we have lots of extra cars!) and we will attach our standard laminated race instructions with your team / cacher name on and release it with the group to start the race in about 5 weeks time.

For everyone else - please keep an eye out for our racing bugs arriving back in the UAE in cache near you.

Happy caching! The CAD's

Sounds like an interesting idea - I will send you a personal mail so that I can get your mailing address for the TB tag. I presume you will want me to activate it?

Thanks to Liveonce and Desert Trekker for highlighting this forum post to me.

Cheers,

Charles (aka GeoCRAt).

Evening CADs,

Lucky Stars would LOVE to join the race. We will send off a TB specially designed for speed! Let us know if we can still get in on the fun and where to send the TB.

Lucky Stars

PS Considering my mother-in-law seems to spend more time in Florida than in Solihull, I may have an advantage!

Update.........

We now have ten TB's, just waiting for Lucky Stars racer to arrive and that will make 11.

If anyone else would like to join in, you're very welcome, just mail me.

Junior CAD's is preparing a race update web page, and the chequered flag cache is prepared and ready for stashing.

We'll start our engines at the end of the month!

Update.........

We now have ten TB's, just waiting for Lucky Stars racer to arrive and that will make 11.

Junior CAD's is preparing a race update web page, and the chequered flag cache is prepared and ready for stashing.

Update.........

All TB's received now, present and correct!

We will prepare tags & photos and bug bio's etc and advise all racers at the start of July.

I'm not sure about the choice of some peoples race cars......Fancy pink paint jobs, go faster stripes and lots of chrome......Hmmm! LOL :laughing:

You may have the advantage with American Cachers there......but I'm banking on our clasic understated sports elegance tempting cachers when the bugs make it to european shores!! :laughing:

We are working on a release date around Independence Day Weekend, Most likely somewhere up the west coast of Florida, but we'll keep you posted before then

Happy caching - The CAD's :laughing:

Morning all,

I'm just back in the UAE and pleased to say the bugs were released in Florida on 22/7 at the TB Hotel I4-Hw27 (GCR17M)

Unfortunately geocrats is missing already, but I'm sure all logs will get updated and bugs will surface soon.

The race website will be updated soon and I will post updates on this forum also.

Happy caching - the cad's

It's very sad when TBs disappear. I’ve seen this happen twice in the UAE, but I think it is widespread in more mature geocache countries such as the US. I’d read somewhere that to minimise the chance of your TB ending up in someone’s’ personal collection then make it as undesirable as possible – make it ugly (a single, pink croc shoe should do the trick), if it’s a toy drill a huge hole in it and so on.

Check out the Travel Bug Graveyard (GC72A8), for some very moving stories <_< .

Good news that Geocrats and Liveonces's TB's have both turned up safe and well, but going in the wrong direction..........in Arizona.

Great to see that they haven't gone missing!

It's anyones race, But Nana TB has made it to Europe (UK) and is in the hands of a cacher who says he'll be stopping over in the UAE soon........

The chequered flag cache has been loaded with a small prize and coords are ready to be posted when we see the first bug make it into the UAE.........Good luck

I've just had a look at all of the bugs in the race. Here are the current status of them all:

.................. Place....... km.from.UAE.....Europe?....No.of.Caches.....Last.Log........ Status

Nana.............. UK............. 5581.......... Yes............2.......... 18-Aug-07...... Travelling

Uncle.Andrew...... Ohio.......... 11365........... No............2.......... 02-Sep-07...... Travelling

Michael........... Wisconsin..... 11565........... No............2.......... 01-Aug-07...... Travelling

Lucky.Stars....... Florida....... 12493........... No............1.......... 04-Aug-07...... Travelling

Uncle.Del......... Florida....... 12508........... No............2.......... 01-Aug-07...... Cache

Mum............... Florida....... 12573........... No............3.......... 27-Aug-07...... Travelling

Dad............... Colarado...... 12599........... No............5.......... 11-Sep-07...... Cache

Gran.............. Florida....... 12602........... No............2.......... 02-Aug-07...... Cache

Desert.Trekker.... Florida....... 12610........... No............3.......... 16-Aug-07...... Travelling

Liveonce.......... Arizona....... 13356........... No............2.......... 02-Sep-07...... Cache

GeoCRAT........... Arizona....... 13361........... No............2.......... 11-Sep-07...... Travelling