New Site Bugs

benh57

wow! are there newbies at Groundspeak?

coords containing decimal minutes should be written as:

DDD MM.MMM

Fixed

Not yet, 'cause with

DD° MM.MMM' the symbol for minutes is missing and with

DD° MM' SS.SSS'' the leading longitude zero(s) is/are missing!

TIA,

ime

Raine, could you please have a look into this (looks like an easy but important correction to me).

Thanks,

ime

Another new nit:

A new cache was just published this morning near me and the "log type counts" show 2 reviewer notes and zero publish notes. Normally, reviewer notes, after they are archived, do not show up in the counts. The don't show for previous caches...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...6272b&log=y

Clipboard02.jpg

Followup:

The counts are not being accumulated properly. Or at least they are not being updated "Real Time"

Clipboard07.jpg

This doesn't seem to be fixed yet.... as I've seen at least two that are still not updating in "real time" (or a few day time) - is it still in the works? and the number of hides on the friend page listing isn't correct either. oh and i haven't gotten emails for any of my travel bugs even tho they've been moving, is that a bug too? (sorry i feel bad - especially if you already know)

Edited by leasummer

I use sometimes my cell phone Motorola RAZR V3X to navigate with the browser Opera Mini. Before the last upgrade everything was OK, but after the last changes it doesn't allows me to log in. It still accepts username and PSW, but no log. Does anybody have the same problem?

Yes, same problem here. Can't log in using Opera Mini and Nokia N70. It worked just fine a week ago, or so.. Hope it gets fixed soon.

I have same login problem in my Nokia N800. I press Login button, but nothing happens. N800 has Opera based browser too..

Opera Mini 3.0.6636 + Siemens ME75: same problem. I really hope this is just temporary... What about the "normal" Opera browsers in PCs? Do they also have the same login problem?

I use sometimes my cell phone Motorola RAZR V3X to navigate with the browser Opera Mini. Before the last upgrade everything was OK, but after the last changes it doesn't allows me to log in. It still accepts username and PSW, but no log. Does anybody have the same problem?

Yes, same problem here. Can't log in using Opera Mini and Nokia N70. It worked just fine a week ago, or so.. Hope it gets fixed soon.

I have same login problem in my Nokia N800. I press Login button, but nothing happens. N800 has Opera based browser too..

Opera Mini 3.0.6636 + Siemens ME75: same problem. I really hope this is just temporary... What about the "normal" Opera browsers in PCs? Do they also have the same login problem?

I tried to disable JavaScript from N800 opera browser. Now it works!

Secondly I tested Opera browser in my Mac OS X. Login ok, but something goes to Error console:

Unknown thread
Opera has modified the JavaScript on www.geocaching.com (Prototype fix applied)

Please fix this problem..

If this bug has not already been reported then here goes.

The maps that appear when you 'Mark my Home Coordinates' have the same problem that the maps on a cache page did for a while over the last couple weeks.

Well those were the lower not the upper map I think.

Did something change that might be causing the Back button not to work? I was viewing a cache page (GCK7R5) and clicked on a link to an image on that page (pod.jpg, I think), and the image loaded, but now I can't hit Back to go back to the cache page (or in fact any GC page in my browser history). Other pages in my history seem to be okay. Strange.

Not sure if this has been addressed yet. It's not a real biggie but.......

My details page has this at the top:

I plan to attend (in the next 30 days)

icon_rsvp.gif 5/30/2007 You will attend NUTS... On Acounta Because (Event Cache) California [visit log] icon_rsvp.gif 5/26/2007 You will attend GeoWoodstock VI (Mega-Event Cache) California [visit log]

GeoWoodstock VI is a year away - not in the next 30 days. I don't mind seeing it listed as a "plan to attend" item but perhaps the text could be ammended to remove the part about "(in the next 30 days)".

Edited by Thrak

Secondly I tested Opera browser in my Mac OS X. Login ok, but something goes to Error console:

Unknown thread

I have found the origin of the problem: the created url of login is greater than 512 byte and Opera Mini cuts it! So it is impossible to log in. Could it be possible to reduce the dimension? Does anybody know how to face this problem? :rolleyes:

Did something change that might be causing the Back button not to work? I was viewing a cache page (GCK7R5) and clicked on a link to an image on that page (pod.jpg, I think), and the image loaded, but now I can't hit Back to go back to the cache page (or in fact any GC page in my browser history). Other pages in my history seem to be okay. Strange.

When you click on the image link, you haven't actually gone to a new page. You have to click "close" on the bottom of the image to see the page you were on again. It isn't "Back", so that's why the back button isn't available.

Unknown thread

I have found the origin of the problem: the created url of login is greater than 512 byte and Opera Mini cuts it! So it is impossible to log in. Could it be possible to reduce the dimension? Does anybody know how to face this problem? :blink:

This is still a major issue. We're unable to log in from Opera Mini browsers.

vericol, could you please post the long url?

During the login, the viewstate parameter and the users name and password should be POSTed to the server. The viewstate variable is quite long. Is this a new parameter on Geocaching.com?

/Claus

Hmm. My post done got eaten.

I am experiencing two bugs that have been mentioned above:

- Bookmark pages: When I view my bookmark pages, they should come up as page 1 and, if they are more than one page, links to all subsequent pages shouls show. They all come up showing page 1 but displaying that they are page 3 (sometimes it shows that I am viewing page 3 of 2). When I click the link for page 2, it shows corrently, then I can click on page 3 to see it.

- Travel bugs: when I try sorting by distance, they do not sort in order from greatest to least, there is some jumbling.

Still seeing both of these. Additionally, though my mega event is included in the find totals, it's got no asterisk (I think this was mentioned above, but I'm not sure).

Regarding the travel bug sort: specifically, the first three are in the proper order, but then things go haywire: it goes from 339 miles to 382 miles, then back down to 348, then to 156, then to 151, then back to 201 miles...it don't make no sense.

Not sure if this is a bug.. but here it goes: On my Mac - using Safari - I get a 'text wrap' for the 'State' column which makes each listing of my 'My Account Details' page take up two lines. Can this text be alloted a bit more width?, allowing for the visibility of more of the page w/o needing to scroll down?? :)

078bc94d-a057-4f67-9d94-80603abeac00.jpg

Also - the decryption key vanishes when the hint is decoded. It seemed a bit more useful when it was always visible - even if the hint was decoded (e.g. could be useful in the field to solve a ROT-13 encrypted puzzle on a leg of a multi).

Finally - on the cache description pages, regarding the pop-up gallery image which can be accessed using the link at the end of the log entry.. is it possible to add a button which allow for the advancement to the other images that are part of that log entry? Better yet - I think that the old 'mouse hover' method for calling up the images was by-far the better way to implement that feature. The new way is rather cumbersome & slow compared to the old.

Thanks again for all the great enhancements to the site!! :)

When you click on the image link, you haven't actually gone to a new page. You have to click "close" on the bottom of the image to see the page you were on again. It isn't "Back", so that's why the back button isn't available.

Sorry, it's not just linking to images. My browser only supports one page at a time, and whenever I load any new page (such as Log your visit), I can't go back to the cache detail page for some reason. It's quickly become the most annoying bug in quite some time, and I can't figure out what changed on the page to cause it (it's probably a browser bug, but I don't have the ability to change browsers).

on the cache description pages, regarding the pop-up gallery image which can be accessed using the link at the end of the log entry.. is it possible to add a button which allow for the advancement to the other images that are part of that log entry?

Whoa!! I just pulled up a pop-up image from a log & there's now a 'next' button and a 'back' button on the image. Cool! I'm fairly sure that it wasn't like that a moment ago.. (?). Anyhow -whether it is new or not - it works GREAT!!

:)

Two bugs in the Cache along a route page

1. Create GPX of Route or

gives me a javascript error in firefox

Error: GBrowserIsCompatible is not defined

Source File: http://www.geocaching.com/my/userrouteedit...ab-de68bd2473ac

Line: 283

2. KML of Route

gives me a .net error:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Geocaching.UI.UserRouteEdit.lnkCreateKMLofRoute_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +294

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +138

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1281

The bug, introduced with the site redesign, is:

When logged in as a premium member, and trying to view the

HTML source on a members-only page, instead of the HTML source

for the page I get the HTML source for an error page (the error page

says, I need to be a member to see this page!).

This is a problem because, for some puzzles, the answer is in the

HTML source - these puzzles are unsolvable until the bug gets fixed.

Viewing the HTML source of a page that is NOT restricted to

members-only works just fine.

Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.4

The new print friendly pages look great! But may I suggest the possability to choose for 5 logs?

Further more if a page is not in correct html it becomes unreadable in print version.

And perhaps the option to print the pictures the owner uploaded but didn't use in his description.

Ruud4d

P.S.

I heard of IE 6 crashing when hiding pictures on the print page.

Edited by Ruud4d

Observation: The html I placed into the name of my Travel-Bug - which displays a picture then it appears on various pages - is no longer showing on the cache details page. See examples of still working (e.g. on my account details page) & no longer working (e.g. inventory listing on cache details page).

b0d689a1-a231-4658-9d78-8aeebfcf3ff3.jpg129cc0d5-5744-4b94-b3c9-489ad2f56d44.jpg

The bug, introduced with the site redesign, is:

When logged in as a premium member, and trying to view the

HTML source on a members-only page, instead of the HTML source

for the page I get the HTML source for an error page (the error page

says, I need to be a member to see this page!).

This is a problem because, for some puzzles, the answer is in the

HTML source - these puzzles are unsolvable until the bug gets fixed.

Viewing the HTML source of a page that is NOT restricted to

members-only works just fine.

Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.4

Tried this with an MO cache in both FF and IE. Works fine.

Unknown thread

I have found the origin of the problem: the created url of login is greater than 512 byte and Opera Mini cuts it! So it is impossible to log in. Could it be possible to reduce the dimension? Does anybody know how to face this problem? :rolleyes:

During the login, the viewstate parameter and the users name and password should be POSTed to the server. The viewstate variable is quite long. Is this a new parameter on Geocaching.com?

/Claus

I'm adding myself to this list. Before changes logging to geocaching.com worked great. Now it doesn't work att all. I can log into anywhere else for example Groundspeak forums and even Waymarking site with my user name and password with opera mini and Nokia 5500 sport but not in geocaching.com----> Could you fix this? Please!

Edited by small oaks

Observation: The html I placed into the name of my Travel-Bug - which displays a picture then it appears on various pages - is no longer showing on the cache details page. See examples of still working (e.g. on my account details page) & no longer working (e.g. inventory listing on cache details page).

b0d689a1-a231-4658-9d78-8aeebfcf3ff3.jpg129cc0d5-5744-4b94-b3c9-489ad2f56d44.jpg

Guess I missed a spot to disable that "hack" I'll get it tomorrow!

-Raine

I like the new printable page very much!

But I do miss the option of printing 5 logs. This could be standard with the possibility to click it away.

I saw it's now possible to print the photo's that are placed by logs. Could this also be implemented for the photo's on the cache pages?

Ruud4d

Unknown thread

I have found the origin of the problem: the created url of login is greater than 512 byte and Opera Mini cuts it! So it is impossible to log in. Could it be possible to reduce the dimension? Does anybody know how to face this problem? :D

/Claus

I'm adding myself to this list. Before changes logging to geocaching.com worked great. Now it doesn't work att all. I can log into anywhere else for example Groundspeak forums and even Waymarking site with my user name and password with opera mini and Nokia 5500 sport but not in geocaching.com----> Could you fix this? Please!

Hi folks,

I've found a partial solution, if you install WebViewer (another Java-browser, freeware, not so good like Opera Mini, quite slower) you can log in, but it has a bug too, you can't change the page, it remains always on page 1 (same bug for Opera Mini). You can go to the cache you want by keyword or name or owner or code (and this is better then nothing at all), I haven't tried with other browsers like Thunderhawh or ZenZui. Did anybody?

But, al least, is it possible to fix these problems?

I don't know if it is a bug with the new layout or the description itself, but when I try to print out

GCEE47 - Krab Louie: A Dish Best Served Cold

it only prints the border(background color) and the ad on the side. The whole text area is blank. When I select printer friendly, the text is there, but the background pattern is printed over it.

This happens with Windows XP or Mac OS X.3.9 and with both I.E. and Firefox, and Safari (on the Mac).

I've found a partial solution, if you install WebViewer (another Java-browser, freeware, not so good like Opera Mini, quite slower) you can log in, but it has a bug too, you can't change the page, it remains always on page 1 (same bug for Opera Mini). You can go to the cache you want by keyword or name or owner or code (and this is better then nothing at all), I haven't tried with other browsers like Thunderhawh or ZenZui. Did anybody?

But, al least, is it possible to fix these problems?

I tried WebViewer and also PocketWeb programs but didn't like them at all. They worked somehow, however.

Nevertheless, I think I found another (much better) partial solution: Use http://www.skweezer.net/ with Opera mini. The GC.com looks good and works almost well. (javascript links won't work, but it doesn't matter very much.) I haven't yet tried to write logs with that combination, though.

I'm still seeing a problem with bookmark lists.

If a list is more than 1 page, it displays the first page, but at the bottom it shows as being on the last page with links to the first pages. For instance, I have a list that is 3 pages long. It shows the 1st page but at the bottom, it indicates it is on page 3 and there are links to pages 1 and 2.

On my 1-page lists it shows as being on page 3 of 2 with a link to page 1.

I'm still seeing a problem with bookmark lists.

If a list is more than 1 page, it displays the first page, but at the bottom it shows as being on the last page with links to the first pages. For instance, I have a list that is 3 pages long. It shows the 1st page but at the bottom, it indicates it is on page 3 and there are links to pages 1 and 2.

On my 1-page lists it shows as being on page 3 of 2 with a link to page 1.

One of my lists starts at page 3 of 4 even though it shows page 1. If you go to page 1 it appears to be OK again.

I get a problem when I've just added items to the bookmark list. The list doesn't get updated with the new items immediately, so when you page through it doesn't show them and this leads to issues with the paging, as the number of items in the list HAS been updated. Leave it for a while and it pretty much sorts itself out.

Speaking of Bookmarks - I notice that when I receive an email on a cache I have bookmarked, if anyone else has that cache marked as well, I receive the email for them also in one very long email.

Below is one example I received yesterday. The one titled "October 2006 Nevada Caching Trip Plan" is not mine, my list is "My Delorme Cache Finds". This is the shortest one I received, I have one cache marked that at least 15 other people have bookmarked... that email was insane!

I began noticing this shortly after the upgrade as most of my bookmarks are for caches few people would want to watch.

This is an automated message from Geocaching

You are receiving this email because you have bookmarked this listing. Visit the web site to change your bookmark list settings.

apsv found Box Falls (Traditional Cache) at 6/17/2007

Log Date: 6/17/2007

What a cool location. Thought I had it made getting to the cache unaided, but getting back down was even harder! TNLNSL.

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...77-46896e963a7a

Visit Traditional Cache

Box Falls

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ac-8d5f3abacbd0

Profile for apsv:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=33...ef-6c92e1049aef

Bookmark List "October 2006 Nevada Caching Trip Plan":

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...d91df6Location: Nevada, United States apsv found Box Falls (Traditional Cache) at 6/17/2007

Log Date: 6/17/2007

What a cool location. Thought I had it made getting to the cache unaided, but getting back down was even harder! TNLNSL.

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...77-46896e963a7a

Visit Traditional Cache

Box Falls

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ac-8d5f3abacbd0

Profile for apsv:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=33...ef-6c92e1049aef

Bookmark List "My Delorme Cache Finds":

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...02-6083a68a73ee

Hi folks,

Getting a bit of a problem when viewing my nearest caches and opting to "Search for caches with Google Maps", as I zoom out and get more and more caches. They all look good and are flagged correctly showing which ones I have found. Eventually the number of caches increases beyond 20 and so multiple page links are shown at the bottom of the cache list. If I go to one of these additional pages, the caches I have found are no longer being flagged as "Found". It's as though the system is loosing track of who I am and unable to flag my finds. Further more, if I go back to page 1 of the finds (those closest to home and that previously displayed correctly) even they are then displayed as being not found by me.

Any help appreciated greatly!

Cheers

Jon.

Dakar4x4

Guess I missed a spot to disable that "hack" I'll get it tomorrow!

-Raine

Raine, that's still active, right? example

Another question, in CITO events there's a possibility of logging an "attended" and a "found" log. On event caches, there's only the "attended" log - for who went there.

Is it a bug on CITO events?

Unknown thread

I have found the origin of the problem: the created url of login is greater than 512 byte and Opera Mini cuts it! So it is impossible to log in. Could it be possible to reduce the dimension? Does anybody know how to face this problem? :angry:

/Claus

Opera Mini worked fine for me also, until the last update; now I can’t log in, among other things. I will add my name to this list as well because you know what they say, “the squeaky wheel gets the grease.”

My profile link says I have 967 finds. My All Finds PQ says I have 967 finds. My records show I have 967 finds. When I go to my profile page and click on the Geocaches tab it says I have 967 finds. When I then click on the All Cache Finds link it says I have 966 finds. What's up with that? Why is is one less on that page than it is everywhere else?

Edited by Thrak

My profile link says I have 967 finds. My All Finds PQ says I have 967 finds. My records show I have 967 finds. When I go to my profile page and click on the Geocaches tab it says I have 967 finds. When I then click on the All Cache Finds link it says I have 966 finds. What's up with that? Why is is one less on that page than it is everywhere else?

Did your records happen to include 1 locationless? I looked and noticed my "All cache finds" link listed 8 less finds than the other places. Then I happened to notice my number of logged locationless is 8. I think these don't show up under All Cache Finds for some reason.

Did your records happen to include 1 locationless? I looked and noticed my "All cache finds" link listed 8 less finds than the other places. Then I happened to notice my number of logged locationless is 8. I think these don't show up under All Cache Finds for some reason.

Nope. I don't have any locationless cache finds.

Today, in my account details;

5/27/2007 You will attend 4º CITO in Portugal - PR da Valicova - PNSAC (Cache In Trash Out Event) Portugal [visit log]

Seems that this bug isn't solved yet (or it turned back). The Event cache took place last June, 17th:

6/17/2007 You attended 4º CITO in Portugal - PR da Valicova - PNSAC (Cache In Trash Out Event)

As I said in a previous post about this subject, the system is considering past dates.

Google Ads

They are showing up in geocache lists when I am logged in, as well - I clicked on someone's profile, and then geocaches, and then traditional, and the list had the adds after the first 3 and before the last 3. And I was logged in... thought this was disabled for PM's....

Are you sure? I just went to the lists of caches for two different cachers and didn't see any ads . . . ? :D

I figured it out - my check card was cancelled by my credit union because of a possible security breach, and the last payment didn't go through - when I checked, my status is as a basic member... heh - easy fix.

A bug that I know has been reported recently... I'm attending a mega-event this weekend, but it still doesn't show up on my "I'm attending in the next 30 days" list. Hmmm... Hope this bug can be fixed soon!

Also - is there any way to add the size of the cache to pocket query downloads? It's great to have the hint and date last found in my GPS, but I'd love to know what size cache I'm looking for. Many times, I'm looking for a micro, but don't know it right away. Thanks!

Also - is there any way to add the size of the cache to pocket query downloads? It's great to have the hint and date last found in my GPS, but I'd love to know what size cache I'm looking for. Many times, I'm looking for a micro, but don't know it right away. Thanks!

Size of the cache is included in a PQ, if specified.

Size of the cache is included in a PQ, if specified.

Thanks... I'll see if I can tweak my PQs!