New Site Bugs

benh57

In my opinion the feature (or bug) that all uploaded pics for a cache are visible is very weird, so I uploaded all the pics to my own hosting.....

But, I'm not able to remove the pics from the cache-page. :D A bug too?

I'm sorry, it works, but it's very very slow...

Edited by gpsgek

Images on cache listings now seem to open in full size. This will make reading the cache descriptions online via a mobile phone or pda quite a lot more expensive due to larger amount of data transferred. Also a lot slower. :D

The images can also contain spoilers, which are not meant to be viewed immediately. Showing them on the cache page .. well, it spoils.

The image descriptions also seem to be missing.

All uploaded pictures (Spoilers) are now visible in the cachelisting. Is this a bug or a new feature? For me it is a big bug! :D

Greetings Roland

I agree. And when using slow connection opening a cachepage that has many pictures takes ages. B)

Edited by jemann + avec

Bug:

The 'I plan to attend' feature on the My-page does not include Mega-Events.

It does not include normal events either.

Maybe you have changed your plans and you just don't know it yet.

I plan to attend

Will Attend 4/26/2007 You will attend 3e #geocaching IRC poffertjes event (Event Cache) Netherlands

At my page it works..., but it doesn't show all my "will attends".. :D

All uploaded pictures (Spoilers) are now visible in the cachelisting. Is this a bug or a new feature? For me it is a big bug! :D

Greetings Roland

I agree. And when using slow connection opening a cachepage that has many pictures takes ages. B)

Agree - especially when you've already used the photos in the listing, to then have them displayed again seems quite bizarre.

When I get an invitation for becoming a friend, the url is not clickable...

It's something like this in my outlook:

Click on the link below to either Accept or Decline this Friend invite.

<a href='http://www.geocaching.com/my/pfr.aspx?rg=75f8cb3a-671d-4ce3-8cd8-92f732365e67'>View Friend Request</a>

my wife added me fine under the view my friends link then under pending friends request....not to undermine your problem. just letting you know

<a href='http://www.geocaching.com/my/pfr.aspx?rg=75f8cb3a-671d-4ce3-8cd8-92f732365e67'>View Friend Request</a>

my wife added me fine under the view my friends link then under pending friends request....not to undermine your problem. just letting you know

Which program are you using for viewing your mail? In my case this was what I got:

gc1.JPG

Which program are you using for viewing your mail? In my case this was what I got:

gc1.JPG

i didn't go through the mail...i just clicked on the "my friends" link on the "my account page" then clicked on the "pending friends tab" and hit approve. that is just a way arund your problem not afix....sorry for misleading you...

Greetings Roland

Agree - especially when you've already used the photos in the listing, to then have them displayed again seems quite bizarre.

This seems to be fixed - thank you! B)

Thanks for the feedback! We'll do some of the fixes shortly. We may want to take a break and get some sleep so we can pick up where we left off after this batch fix though.

Sleep is good! Soon..

However, http://www.geocaching.com/my/ is generating an exception now. Maybe because i have zero event logs?

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Geocaching.UI.my_default.BindEventLogList() +491

Geocaching.UI.my_default.DisplayUserDetails() +1785

Geocaching.UI.my_default.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +57

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1286

Edited by benh57

Hi Jeremy,

You and your team did a great job tonight!

But a small request from all cachers in Belgium:

At the "Searching for..." page we can not longer select ALL geocaches in Belgium, only per Province.

FYI Belgium is a small country...

so can you re-add "All" in de State/Province" dropdown list, please.

GeoGreetings from Belgium,

DanPan

Edited by DanPan

I'll add that trying to use the "Find Caches Along a Route" feature doesn't work at all. Clicking on the "Create GPX of Route or KML of Route" links leads to an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Geocaching.UI.UserRouteEdit.lnkCreateGPXofRoute_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +657

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +138

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Yeah- i get that too.

But so far the changes that i see i really like. Especially the addition to thumbnails in the logs.

Thumbnails in the logs is great, but in case of many the cachelisting layout (width) changes and you need to scroll... :D

example

Edited by DanPan

New site really seems to work better and fater ... i hope for a long time ;-)

But small bug: when I look to "my account" now all "will attend" logs for events are listed on the top ... well, quite good to keep in your memory you want to attend an event. But I have listed there "will attend" log for a CITO event which already has passed !!!

I would like to see there list of events I am going to visit - with their names and dates when took part (not when I logged my interest in attending). And even great should be, if you add a button to "my account options" to turn on "list of events I am going to visit" to be displayed directly in my profile.

But small bug: when I look to "my account" now all "will attend" logs for events are listed on the top ... well, quite good to keep in your memory you want to attend an event. But I have listed there "will attend" log for a CITO event which already has passed !!!

Same problem. It also shows the date you made the log, rather than the date that the event shall be held. The latter I think is more important.

I do like the upgrade, quick question with the photo's on the cache pages. I like this feature but when you get the slideshow can it be shown with the full size pictures, or at least larger than what they are just now?

So far good job, still playing with it all just now. :D

Same problem. It also shows the date you made the log, rather than the date that the event shall be held. The latter I think is more important.

Wonder if this is because the event has not been archived? Just a thought as in my query that I run of events, I pick up 'old' events that have not been archived.

Wonder if this is because the event has not been archived? Just a thought as in my query that I run of events, I pick up 'old' events that have not been archived.

It's not an archiving issue as I'm getting the same thing on CITO that has been archived.

It's not an archiving issue as I'm getting the same thing on CITO that has been archived.

Same here the CITO event is archived. I think Chizu's and mine are the same, as we both went to the same event?

When you go to a map page for a state, below the map where you use to be able to identify the caches by clicking "identify" now you get:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/map/maplib.asp, line 191

Also, you use to get links to adjoining states. That's no longer there either.

Edited by Wadcutter

A bug - granted, a minor one at that - that I've found is when viewing the cache page, the title and description are half-way down the page! Users have to scroll down, past the new "info" box to see the title, coords, and waypoint. Can the "info" box be listed under the title, with the title being at the top of the page? It just seems to make more sense. thanks for the upgrades, though! Keep up the good work!

That seems to work for me now (9:01am, EDT). At least when I check from Google Mail.

One odd thing about Friend requests, though, is that the copy of the request that gets mailed to the sender also includes the link. But clicking on it does nothing except add to the server load since it has to display "this friend request is not for you..."

Great work guys, I'm really impressed!

One bug - hovering over the prewiew pictures in the logs gives a lot of html code in the hover text which I'm sure isn't meant to be there.

This seems to be still happening. Here's an example of what I see when I hover an embedded log picture:

Clipboard01.jpg

Having the pictures (even thumbnails) show in the cache log takes much longer for the page to load. Whether it is a spoiler or not, it's not necessary to show pictures in the logs. If people are interested in the pictures taken at the cache, they can just visit the gallery. I've noticed some caches where people have taken so many pictures, and showing the thumbnails on the log causes the cache page itself to be much wider than normal. It would seem that this change will slow the system down even more. Good luck to those with dial up or cell phones trying to download pages with pictures!

New bug:

I'm not sure where this is coming from, but I got an email notification today from a cache bookmark list that was not my own.

Then appended at the bottom of that mail was the bookmark log for the list that *was* mine.

Also, the 2nd bookmark log was just tacked on to the 1st so that the link at the end of the first note was corrupted:

ie.

-------------------

This is an automated message from Geocaching

You are receiving this email because you have bookmarked this listing. Visit the web site to change your bookmark list settings.

CTYankee9 found Dream State (Unknown Cache) at 5/15/2007

Bookmark List "FlagMan's Favorites":

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...f318e8Location: California, United States

CTYankee9 found Dream State (Unknown Cache) at 5/15/2007

Bookmark List "Cool Puzzle Caches":

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...90-4709a33096e8

-------------------

Having the pictures (even thumbnails) show in the cache log takes much longer for the page to load. Whether it is a spoiler or not, it's not necessary to show pictures in the logs. If people are interested in the pictures taken at the cache, they can just visit the gallery. I've noticed some caches where people have taken so many pictures, and showing the thumbnails on the log causes the cache page itself to be much wider than normal. It would seem that this change will slow the system down even more. Good luck to those with dial up or cell phones trying to download pages with pictures!

And imagine those old, still active, virtual caches that require a photo to be posted. Yikes!