Friends List Feature!

benh57

It will be cool. But it doesn't do a whole lot at the moment. You'll be able to watch your friends in the near term (and get emails when they log caches).

Once we make sure the new db is helping with the scalability issues we'll get working on more features.

It will be cool. But it doesn't do a whole lot at the moment. You'll be able to watch your friends in the near term (and get emails when they log caches).

Once we make sure the new db is helping with the scalability issues we'll get working on more features.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I've sent out several invites, so we'll get this thing going and really have some fun (when we're not out caching!)

Hmm, is the email-on-log optional i hope? I don't see an option for it yet (unless its just not in yet)

Could be useful, but for people who have a lot of friends, could be a lot of email!

Thanks!

I like the speed but I'm not sure how many are logged on right now

I like the log count feature on the cache pages.

Not sure if this is a glitch......

If you click on a users profile and want to look at their cache finds, you get a ...

"All Geocaches

Sorry, no results were found for this search."

PAGE

If you click on a users profile and want to look at their cache finds, you get a ...

"All Geocaches

PAGE

Further to that, Can't see caches Hidden

Do see the Tracables and The Gallery

"All Geocaches

PAGE

I also like how the pictures are displayed as thumbnails...

Question, Is that the largest they will be now?

"All Geocaches

PAGE

Same issue for me here in the UK!

"All Geocaches

PAGE

Same issue for me here in the UK!

We'll have this fixed shortly. Stick to friends on this topic though. This bug has already been reported in the bug topic.

One more thing. We've sent 5 friend requests. However, we were not notified that they accepted the request (or eventually denied it).

Is this meant to work this way? Without notifying the sender of the request?

A simple mail with "#geocacher# accepted your friend request. You can view them in your friend list" would be enough, don't you think?

Okay-- hi. Mr Ant-Social here again... :D

SO... is there away to just block all friend requests? I'd rather have people automatically know that we simply don't accept friends requests than deny/ignore them on an individual basis. Seems kind of rude and uncomfortable to have to deny individual friend requests-- I'd rather cachers just get a message/error that says "we're sorry the user you have selected does not accept friend requests". B)

I tried 2 browsers, and Im not seeing it- but when editing profile, I did see "Friend Requests: Allow Friend Requests" where you have to opt in- I just dont see it on the profile page?

Ah-ha! Perfect! Thanks for pointing that out-- I was looking for an option within the whole new "Friends" tab.

So, nevermind. I'll be quietly anti-social now. :D

I tried 2 browsers, and Im not seeing it- but when editing profile, I did see "Friend Requests: Allow Friend Requests" where you have to opt in- I just dont see it on the profile page?

Ah-ha! Perfect! Thanks for pointing that out-- I was looking for an option within the whole new "Friends" tab.

So, nevermind. I'll be quietly anti-social now. :D

Still not seeing the whole freinds tab. . . logged out and back in, 2 browsers.... Any ideas anyone?

Will there be an option to see whose Friend List my name is on (after awhile, I might end up forgetting who I've approved) and will there be an option to remove my name from anothers list?

For example - boyfriend requests adding my name, I approve - now boyfriend is an ex and I really don't want him knowing just what I'm doing while out caching - or even when I'm caching since I log at the site itself using my mobile.

Just got a request from a friend. Tried to accept it and got this message.

View Friend Requests

Error Message
This Friend Request is not for you :).

This means we're not his friend?

:D

I'm guessing it's the '&' in your name...that seems to cause a bunch of problems.

Anyone you've requested or has requested from you will show up on your friends request page period. So shouldn't be to hard to see who's your "friend" :D

-Raine

Ah, kay, cool. Wasn't sure if they sent me a request if they were added automatically to my list.

So that'll probably mean that if I click the Remove Friend link - that removes my name from their list as well as removing their name from my list - right?

Will there be an option to see whose Friend List my name is on (after awhile, I might end up forgetting who I've approved) and will there be an option to remove my name from anothers list?

For example - boyfriend requests adding my name, I approve - now boyfriend is an ex and I really don't want him knowing just what I'm doing while out caching - or even when I'm caching since I log at the site itself using my mobile.

There is a 'REMOVE FRIEND' link with every listing.

Looks like any friend request means that the you appear in each others Friends List. So i I were to invite you, when you accept you would see me as a friend at the same time as you appearing in my list.

I therefore assume that if you click 'Remove Friend' you will disappear from their list at the same time they disappear from yours. I've not been able to check yet as my only 'friend' :D has just left the office!

Looks like any friend request means that the you appear in each others Friends List. So i I were to invite you, when you accept you would see me as a friend at the same time as you appearing in my list.

I therefore assume that if you click 'Remove Friend' you will disappear from their list at the same time they disappear from yours. I've not been able to check yet as my only 'friend' :D has just left the office!

i just checked and this seems to be how it works, one person sends a request, and when it is acceptd both lists show the friend

From what I've seen, it's a one way feature.

If you accept to be one's friend, you have to send a request for them to be your friend. You don't get added automatically.

Incorrect. You will automatically appear in their list.

Then.. there might be a small delay for me to appear in my friend's list.. I'll check again!

Just got a request from a friend. Tried to accept it and got this message.

View Friend Requests

Error Message
This Friend Request is not for you :).

This means we're not his friend?

B)

I'm guessing it's the '&' in your name...that seems to cause a bunch of problems.

OMG! Is this another situation of "BLAME THE AMPERSAND"? :D:DB)B):D:D

As a matter of fact, I've already sent some friend requests and they all worked fine. We've already accepted some friend requests and everything went smoothly.

The geocacher that sent that request will try to send another one.

Would you mind saying what some of those cool things will be when they finally roll out? I'm getting friends requests, and before I start accepting I'd kind of like to know what I'm getting into.

I have already six friends in my list. Everything worked well, including requests and acceptance. But why all my friends have in their stat bars zero next to Hidden caches ??? Although some of them developed 20+ caches ???

Edited by Keystone

I have already six friends in my list. Everything worked well, including requests and acceptance. But why all my friends have in their stat bars zero next to Hidden caches ??? Although some of them developed 20+ caches ???

This has been discussed in a different thread and I believe it is being looked into.

Would you mind saying what some of those cool things will be when they finally roll out? I'm getting friends requests, and before I start accepting I'd kind of like to know what I'm getting into.

It looks pretty easy to remove a friend from your list, so I wouldn't worry.

OMG! Is this another situation of "BLAME THE AMPERSAND"? :P:P:):):):D

As a matter of fact, I've already sent some friend requests and they all worked fine. We've already accepted some friend requests and everything went smoothly.

The geocacher that sent that request will try to send another one.

Problem solved!

Actually, it was not a problem. We use the same email address for this account and for the other which is only "SUp3rFM". So the invite was sent to "SUp3rFM" and not to "SUp3rFM & Cruella". :-)

Everything is working and we don't blame the ampersand.

It looks pretty easy to remove a friend from your list, so I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for the two cents, but I'd still like to know beforehand if possible.

reposted in the bugs thread

For some reason when a friend requested me as their friend the email address it was sent to is NOT the current one I have registered on my profile. I guess it went to the one I created the account with, back in 2003.

Anyhoo, since I still own that account I thought it would be ok, except now I get the "This Friend Request is not for you :P." error message.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you

TB

Edited by TokyoBlossom

Hmm, is the email-on-log optional i hope? I don't see an option for it yet (unless its just not in yet)

Could be useful, but for people who have a lot of friends, could be a lot of email!

Thanks!

Lots of mail?

If someone has 40 friends and they average 15 finds each on a Saturday, that would be 600 individual e-mails. Can I opt for a daily summary and only get 40 e-mails on Sunday?