Routing issues Garmin 60csx

I have both topo and city nav 8 loaded. When trying to plan a route via city nav I am promted to pick use road or not to, I pick use road. This is where the error comes up, it calculates the route to about 1% then says "Route Calculating Error: no roads near starting point" when Im on a road...

Edited by Breaksteel

I have both topo and city nav 8 loaded. When trying to plan a route via city nav I am promted to pick use road or not to, I pick use road. This is where the error comes up, it calculates the route to about 1% then says "Route Calculating Error: no roads near starting point" when Im on a road...

Check and see if you don't have CN8 hidden.

Check and see if you don't have CN8 hidden.

That is what it sounds like to me.

city is shown, base map hidden, topo is shown....(this defaults to city being on top, so i can toggle map and topo easier)

Edit: After some more tinkering, I set, show basemap, show city nav. It now routes...more so tells me what direction rather than turn here turn there like I had hoped. Maybe I am still missing settings for it to better route me?

Edited by Breaksteel

city is shown, base map hidden, topo is shown....(this defaults to city being on top, so i can toggle map and topo easier)

Edit: After some more tinkering, I set, show basemap, show city nav. It now routes...more so tells me what direction rather than turn here turn there like I had hoped. Maybe I am still missing settings for it to better route me?

When you transferred the maps to the unit you did not check "Include Route Calculation Data" on the MapSource page.

When you transferred the maps to the unit you did not check "Include Route Calculation Data" on the MapSource page.

I reloaded all the maps with this box checked and it now routes correctly. Thank you!

I had this problem when I was transferring maps through the USB cable directly to the GPSr. Turns out my transfers were corrupted at times. Sometimes routing worked, other times it failed with the same error you were getting. I switched to transferring maps using a card reader and I haven't had a problem since.