Owners should be able to delete photos

Cache Heads

Agreed.

However, I have always had good cooperation when I emailed the cacher and asked them to remove a photo. Folks often do not intend to post spoilers and simply wanted to share a snapshot.

Don't get me wrong, I've never really had a bad experience emailing someone about their log. It just seems like an option that should be available since photos can spoil a cache. If we can encrypt a log without emailing and delete a log without emailing, we should be able to remove the photo without emailing, too.

12 minutes and I haven't been jumped all over yet-- sounds like this idea is sticking. :( What say you PTB?

We've never had a bad experience when asking to some geocacher to remove a photo of his log at one of our caches. Still, the answer could take more than time than expected.

By having a photo over a day or so, it could mean that a photo could spoil the fun to other geocacher. The owners, by getting the notifications on time, could check immediately if everything is ok with the log. If not, they could delete a photo. And, of course, it would still make sense to contact the geocacher and tell him what happened.

(We all know that there is a phrase like "Warning. Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links" on the cache page, right? :()

...I know you can email the owner-- but it's silly to have to do that and I'm anti-social. :(

Your request is a good one. I'm also anti social until someone pushes my buttons. One of my buttons is deleeting my logs or photo's without that courtesy email making the request before you just obliterate my hard work for no known reason.

...I know you can email the owner-- but it's silly to have to do that and I'm anti-social. :(

Your request is a good one. I'm also anti social until someone pushes my buttons. One of my buttons is deleeting my logs or photo's without that courtesy email making the request before you just obliterate my hard work for no known reason.

I would like to see the current log deletion (and the proposed photo deletion) require a message that is sent to the person whose log is being deleted explaining the reason.

I would like to see the current log deletion (and the proposed photo deletion) require a message that is sent to the person whose log is being deleted explaining the reason.

I think that's a good idea. Just as long as we can delete the photo without waiting for the finder to do it. :laughing:

12 minutes and I haven't been jumped all over yet-- sounds like this idea is sticking. :anitongue: What say you PTB?

could be that it's just not worth jumping on. i wouldn't say it's sticking, exactly.

Hmmm... perhaps the smiley isn't showing up on your computer? It was a joke... but I still think my suggestion is valid and I hope TPTB consider it! :laughing:

EDIT: changed the word 'idea' to the word 'suggestion' :laughing:

Edited by Cache Heads

I like the idea as a cache owner, but dislike it as a cache finder/logger.

It's hard enough to get people to post pictures for caches in general, especially in an area where the cache density is high. Cache pictures are not delivered in a pocket query, so the chances of sending a spoiler along automatically to people is small. Somebody has to specifically go to the cache page and look at the gallery or at the logs.

Maybe there should be an option to temporarily hide pictures. Or a to scramble the picture the same way we can ROT-13 the text. Then there could be an unscramble button for the picture.

That would be very nice.

AMEN!!!!

or at least have the option to include a message with the deletion notice explaining the reason for the deletion.

This request just became 100 times more important now that cache pictures are immediately displayed on the cache page! :DB)

Check my "Altoids" cache to see a picture of the container in the most recent log... I'd really like to make that go away ASAP.

This request just became 100 times more important now that cache pictures are immediately displayed on the cache page! :DB)

Check my "Altoids" cache to see a picture of the container in the most recent log... I'd really like to make that go away ASAP.

Would this be acceptable?

Clipboard06.jpg

Or do you want to be able to totally delete the picture so that it doesn't show in the gallery at all?

Would this be acceptable?

Clipboard06.jpg

Or do you want to be able to totally delete the picture so that it doesn't show in the gallery at all?

I could live with that. As long as the owner can be the one who decides if it's a spoiler.