If you started over...

Drafin

I'd go straight to the Garmin 60 Csx. I went with an eTrex Vista to save money, but it was severely challenged in the woods where I do most of my caching. I put it on eBay within two weeks and got the unit I should have gotten in the first place.

Moral of the story: Don't try to geocache on the cheap. Figure out what kind of unit you need, and buy it! Sell your old computer, your mother-in-law, or whatever it takes to raise the cash to get a good GPS unit.

No, I didn't sell my mother-in-law. My wife threatened to sell me, but realized her profit wouldn't cover the shipping costs! :ph34r:

Edited by imajeep

The only thing I can think of I would change is my user name. My wife doesn't cache with me so the name really doesn't fit.

I have been very satisfied with my Magellan 210, and have seen no reason yet to change that. It surprises me how often the Garmin is the GPS of choice here in the forums. While in the field I don't see much difference in finding the cache, between myself and my caching friends.

They both have their little idiosyncrasies, but both brands seem to find the same caches. (and maybe I'm lucky but the only time I used CS I felt they were quick and efficient.

very cool tips!

i hae only done 3 caches so far and on e DNF - but trying to do them with my 4yr old daughter. The paper was getting annoying to me, because i have a ton (and PQ's make it easy) of preloaded caches on the GPS, but printing them all out stinks! and then maybe i dont have the paper with me..so, i need to figure out how to go paperless with a blackberry - or it would be nice if you could just do it on the GPS itelf..i picked up a 76csx and after seeing all the posts about the 60csx i hope i didnt make a mistake..they seem to be equivalent and maybe the 76 has a slightly larger screen and is a larger unit..