Quebec City 1608-2008 Geocoin

VE2YZZ

All the coins that was pre-order will be in the mail this friday(june 8) or monday(june 11)

They are super nice coins...

AND THE WINER FOR THE TRIO IS:

(Slippery_1)

Ray Young

The Pas, Manitoba CANADA

Thanks to all of you for your support...

Yves aka VE2YZZ

Edited by VE2YZZ

Merci pour ces pièces merveilleuses. Je ne peux pas croire que j'ai gagné, il fait si chaud et flou pour savoir ceci. Je ne peux pas attendre aussi ceux-ci être ajoutés à ma collection de même que peut les partager ici inmnaitoba. Vous remercier encore

Thank you again for your drawing this lowly ol' Canuk's name...It is most appreciated...

P.S. I really don't know french and had to use a french translation service, and i hope I haven't included something unseemingly out of context.

Edited by slippery_1

Merci pour ces pièces merveilleuses. Je ne peux pas croire que j'ai gagné, il fait si chaud et flou pour savoir ceci. Je ne peux pas attendre aussi ceux-ci être ajoutés à ma collection de même que peut les partager ici inmnaitoba. Vous remercier encore

Thank you again for your drawing this lowly ol' Canuk's name...It is most appreciated...

P.S. I really don't know french and had to use a french translation service, and i hope I haven't included something unseemingly out of context.

It's ok for the french part... It was very funy... :lol:

Yves VE2YZZ

ON SALE NOW

New Very Limited Edition Geocoin

THIS COIN WAS MINT BY LANDSHARKZ

We are proud to present you this super Geocoins from Quebec: (Ville De Quebec 1608-2008).

• This Geocoins are trackable on geocaching.com.

• This Geocoins has his own icon.

• Size 45mm and 3mm

• Imprinted on the side/edge (“Trackable at GeoCaching.com”)

• It's made in 3 finishes (old silver, old gold, copper).

THE PRICE FOR A TRIO (old silver, old gold, copper) IS : 40$USD (3x10$ + 10$ donation)

THE PRICE FOR A SINGLE COIN (old silver or old gold) IS :13$USD (1x10$ + 3$ donation)

***THE LE COPPER COIN IS ONLY OFFER WITH THE TRIO***

This coin is part of foundries to help 2 geocacher to pay there inscription for a big event that will bring them from Quebec (Canada) to La Rochelle (France) on 1 of 35 sailboat that will be crossing the Atlantic in 2008 for the 400e anniversary of the foundation of the city of Quebec.

THIS IS NOT A GEOCOIN MADE FOR PROFITS...

MAXIMUM OF 1 TRIO BY USER OR MAXIMUM OF 2 COINS

Email me at quebec_1608-2008@voilequebec.com

Yves aka VE2YZZ

SIDE 1 3D ART

Samuel De Champlain had a dwelling, or Abitation, constructed out of wood to serve as a residence, a fort, and a storage place for the food and furs he traded. Cannons, a palisade of wood stakes, a moat, and a drawbridge protected the entranceway. Beginning in 1609, Amerindians visited it regularly to trade furs for European goods. Québec also became a staging ground for missionaries with the arrival of the Récollets in 1615. A fort built at the top of the hill marked the birth of the upper town. However, twenty years after its foundation, Québec City still had only 72 inhabitants.

SIDE 2 2D ART

The colors used in the coat of arms of Québec City possess a heraldic significance: gold symbolizes strength, faith, justice, wealth, constancy and splendor; silver: humility, purity, charity, truth and victory; azur: sovereignty, majesty, serenity, good reputation, knowledge, clarity and loyalty; gules: love, pain, grandeur, courage, generosity, bravery and intrepidity; and green: hope, revival, abundance, beauty, freedom and cheerfulness.

The ship represents the period when Québec was founded, in 1608, by Samuel de Champlain, who came from Honfleur. It also represents the maritime vocation of Québec with its important seaport. The full sails symbolize the strength and courage of the population. Each of the two keys has its own significance: the key on the right symbolizes Québec as the capital of New-France, of Canada, at the beginning of the English regime, and of Lower-Canada; the key on the left represents the Capital of the province of Québec since the Confederation. Together they symbolize the political and municipal history of the City of Québec.

VE2YZZ Team Geocacher and navigator ~~~_/)~~~

Edited by VE2YZZ

Bonjour and merci, Yves;

My three coin set arrived today. They are absolutely beautiful! You must be very proud of the way they turned out. Credit to Landsharkz too for the great job of manufacturing them. These will mark Quebec's 400th anniversary celebration very appropriately.

My wife is originally from La Salle so these coins are going to have a special place in my collection. Of course, they'd make a great addition to any geocoin collection.

Now that I have them, I am thinking that I may jot you another email and pick up a couple more before they are sold out. I think I should send a least one of these historic coins out into the wild as well for everyone to enjoy.

Thanks very much for prompt email responses and fast, safe delivery.

Terry/GeoDreamCacher

Our Trio arrived safely in Texas, and as others have said, the pictures do not do them justice! Congrats to the designer, and to Landsharkz for another outstanding production. Will you post a note to this thread letting us know when the Dream voyage will take place...I would really like to know how it goes...

Merci, Merci!

Edited by Team OleOmi

Our Trio arrived safely in Texas, and as others have said, the pictures do not do them justice! Congrats to the designer, and to Landsharkz for another outstanding production. Will you post a note to this thread letting us know when the Dream voyage will take place...I would really like to know how it goes...

Merci, Merci!

The dream trip wil take place july 6 2008 from the GPS coords on the coins...

Yves VE2YZZ

Merci, Merci!

Very hapy that you like your coins....

If you make them travel any of you contact me I would like to track them also...

Yves

I have today recieved 4 very nice coins. As everyone else has said the pictures do not do them justice. And to think at first I was going to pass on these...and by changing my mind I was the lucky winner of 3 extra coins...Wow...I am so happy...does a snoopy dance and adds a woop woop...TYVM.

We are proud to present you this super Geocoins from Quebec: (Ville De Quebec 1608-2008).

• This Geocoins has his own icon.

• Size 45mm and 3mm

THE PRICE FOR A TRIO (old silver, old gold, copper) IS : 40$USD (3x10$ + 10$ donation)

THE PRICE FOR A SINGLE COIN (old silver or old gold) IS :13$USD (1x10$ + 3$ donation)

This coin is part of foundries to help 2 geocacher to pay there inscription for a big event that will bring them from Quebec (Canada) to La Rochelle (France) on 1 of 35 sailboat that will be crossing the Atlantic in 2008 for the 400e anniversary of the foundation of the city of Quebec.

Yves aka VE2YZZ

SIDE 1 3D ART

Samuel De Champlain had a dwelling, or Abitation, constructed out of wood to serve as a residence, a fort, and a storage place for the food and furs he traded. Cannons, a palisade of wood stakes, a moat, and a drawbridge protected the entranceway. Beginning in 1609, Amerindians visited it regularly to trade furs for European goods. Québec also became a staging ground for missionaries with the arrival of the Récollets in 1615. A fort built at the top of the hill marked the birth of the upper town. However, twenty years after its foundation, Québec City still had only 72 inhabitants.

SIDE 2 2D ART

The colors used in the coat of arms of Québec City possess a heraldic significance: gold symbolizes strength, faith, justice, wealth, constancy and splendor; silver: humility, purity, charity, truth and victory; azur: sovereignty, majesty, serenity, good reputation, knowledge, clarity and loyalty; gules: love, pain, grandeur, courage, generosity, bravery and intrepidity; and green: hope, revival, abundance, beauty, freedom and cheerfulness.

The ship represents the period when Québec was founded, in 1608, by Samuel de Champlain, who came from Honfleur. It also represents the maritime vocation of Québec with its important seaport. The full sails symbolize the strength and courage of the population. Each of the two keys has its own significance: the key on the right symbolizes Québec as the capital of New-France, of Canada, at the beginning of the English regime, and of Lower-Canada; the key on the left represents the Capital of the province of Québec since the Confederation. Together they symbolize the political and municipal history of the City of Québec.

CoinQuebec2008.jpg

• This Geocoins has his own icon. Flag_of_Quebec_City.gif

• Size 45mm and 3mm

Yves aka VE2YZZ

SIDE 1 3D ART

SIDE 2 2D ART

Can you tell us how many of each metal you have left? :rolleyes: You've been bumping this thread for many months, with plenty of coins left to sell.

Also, why did the coins go from $13 USD for a single, to $15. Reference your explanatory post #73 several posts up. Thanks

TMA

Edit to add post number

Edited by The Moop Along

Can you tell us how many of each metal you have left? :rolleyes: You've been bumping this thread for many months, with plenty of coins left to sell.

Also, why did the coins go from $13 USD for a single, to $15. Reference your explanatory post #73 several posts up. Thanks

TMA

Edit to add post number

It was an error in the price... and I have 150 coins left... 30 coper, 60 silver and 60 gold

Tanks

I was sent spam today through geocaching.com:

subject[GEO] VE2YZZ contacting WeatherednBoston from Geocaching.com

mailed-bygeocaching.com

hide details 3:04 PM (4 hours ago) Reply

Bonjour,

Il nous fait plaisirs de vous présenter La pièce Québec 1608-2008…

Je vous invite a visiter le lien pour vous procurer un trio LE, un duo ou une pièce simple.

Trio LE : Old copper, Old gold, Old silver. 40$

Duo: Old gold et Old silver. 25$

Simple: Old gold ou Old silver. 15$

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...163283&st=0

ou Email: quebec_1608-2008@voilequebec.com

Voici la description de la face en 3D.

Le comptoir de Québec

En juillet 1608, Samuel de Champlain débarque au lieu-dit Québec. À la demande de Pierre Dugua, sieur de Mons, détenteur d'un monopole de commerce, il vient établir un comptoir de traite des fourrures. Le site choisi semble idéal. Du haut du promontoire, le cap Diamant, il est facile d'observer et de contrôler les allées et venues sur le fleuve Saint-Laurent. À cet endroit, celui-ci n'a qu'un kilomètre de largeur. Le mot Kebek signifie d'ailleurs, en langue algonquienne, « là où c'est bouché », là où le fleuve rétrécit. En plus de présenter un intérêt stratégique, la pointe de Québec est dotée d'un havre naturel et elle est déjà fréquentée par des groupes d'autochtones.

Champlain fait construire une Abitation de bois qui sert à la fois de résidence, de fort et de magasin pour les marchandises de traite, la nourriture et la fourrure. Une palissade de pieux, des canons, un fossé et un pont-levis en protègent l'accès. Dès 1609, des groupes d'Amérindiens y viennent régulièrement échanger des fourrures contre des produits européens. Québec devient aussi un point de ralliement missionnaire avec l'arrivée des Récollets en 1615. Un fort, construit sur le cap, marque la naissance de la Haute-Ville. Cependant, vingt ans après sa fondation, Québec ne compte encore que 72 habitants.

Hi,

Trio LE : Old copper, Old gold, Old silver. 40$

Duo: Old gold et Old silver. 25$

Simple: Old gold ou Old silver. 15$

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...163283&st=0

ou Email: quebec_1608-2008@voilequebec.com

This is the meaning of the 3D side :

The Québec Trading Post

In July 1608, Samuel de Champlain came ashore at a place called Québec. He came at the request of Pierre Dugua, Sieur de Mons and holder of a trading monopoly, to set up a fur trading post. The location seemed ideal. From the top of the promontory-Cape Diamond-it was easy to keep a watch out over the St. Lawrence and control traffic on the river, which was only a kilometer wide at the point. The word Kebek was in fact the Algonquin word for "narrows" or "where the river narrows." In addition to its strategic value, the point at Québec had a natural harbor and was already a popular gathering place for natives.

Champlain had a dwelling, or Abitation, constructed out of wood to serve as a residence, a fort, and a storage place for the food and furs he traded. Cannons, a palisade of wood stakes, a moat, and a drawbridge protected the entranceway. Beginning in 1609, Amerindians visited it regularly to trade furs for European goods. Québec also became a staging ground for missionaries with the arrival of the Récollets in 1615. A fort built at the top of the hill marked the birth of the upper town. However, twenty years after its foundation, Québec City still had only 72 inhabitants.

User's Profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=7e...37-d10923870834