Are Cachers Geeks?

It has been purposed that all cachers are geeks and a test was posted. So are all cahcers geeks? Where do you rate?

Online Geek Test

The winner so far:

36.29191% - Major Geek

The reigning non-geek :huh:

Me 1.76429% (Yeah, I'm the guy that calls IT because "My computer's broke," when all that was wrong was a cable disconnected. And yes I do math with a piece of paper and a pencil even when setting at the computer.) :rolleyes:

It has been purposed that all cachers are geeks and a test was posted. So are all cahcers geeks? Where do you rate?

Online Geek Test

10.84813% - Geekish Tendencies

Me 1.76429% (Yeah, I'm the guy that calls IT because "My computer's broke," when all that was wrong was a cable disconnected. And yes I do math with a piece of paper and a pencil even when setting at the computer.) :huh:

Quit bugging me at work, please...you people drive me up the wall. :rolleyes:

22.09073%

"studied an artificial language (such as Klingon)"

The next box should be "based a puzzle cache off of an artificial numerical system" :huh:

Geocoins count for collecting coins right?

Possibly

What's more to the point is that I am not as impressed by EMC of Northridge, CA's 12224 finds as by the fact that for the re-release of the original StarTrek episodes they had to re-record the theme music played during the opening credits and she is the vocalist. :rolleyes:

22.09073%

"studied an artificial language (such as Klingon)"

The next box should be "based a puzzle cache off of an artificial numerical system" :huh:

Geocoins count for collecting coins right?

Possibly

What's more to the point is that I am not as impressed by EMC of Northridge, CA's 12224 finds as by the fact that for the re-release of the original StarTrek episodes they had to re-record the theme music played during the opening credits and she is the vocalist. :rolleyes:

There's a vocalist in the theme music? You learn something new every day.

27.0217% - Total Geek

My lord I never thought I'd score that high. B) I am pitifully low tech.

I guess all the sci-fi and science stuff did me in. I had to check every single author they listed.

:rolleyes::huh:

If it hadn't been for the museum and history book/history channel questions I probably would have scored a zero.

You must have started this thread while I was posting my response in the other one. I'm the winner now, a Major Geek with a score of 36.48915%. :rolleyes:

Congratulations. I scored much lower than expected, 21.80349% I knew I shouldn't have let that well-publicized deadline pass without changing this username. I guess I'm stuck forever now. :huh:

Online Geek Test

The winner so far:

36.29191% - Major Geek

The reigning non-geek :huh:

Me 1.76429% (Yeah, I'm the guy that calls IT because "My computer's broke," when all that was wrong was a cable disconnected. And yes I do math with a piece of paper and a pencil even when setting at the computer.) :rolleyes:

What does the word "IT" mean?

What is a "computer"?

What is "cable"?

What is "math"?

Online Geek Test

The winner so far:

36.29191% - Major Geek

The reigning non-geek :rolleyes:

Me 1.76429% (Yeah, I'm the guy that calls IT because "My computer's broke," when all that was wrong was a cable disconnected. And yes I do math with a piece of paper and a pencil even when setting at the computer.) :huh:

What does the word "IT" mean?

What is a "computer"?

What is "cable"?

What is "math"?

What's this "pencil" thing you speak of? DO you Geocache with a map, compass, and sextant? B)

Edited by LivesWithMonkeys

Geocachers are all sorts.

You could post a "Jock" test and we would all rate somewhere.

Most of us have thrown and kicked a ball...That doesn't make the vast majority of us sports all stars, but it's not Zero on the Jock Meter either.

:rolleyes:The Jock Test I have 44.9% Jock in me.

That Jock test is flawed. I scored 60.2% and I am no jock.

Oh, it's just the first thing that came up on google. You're probably reading it backwards, the 2nd number is the percent jock you have in you, the 60.2% is probably the non-jock percentage.

44.7% on the jock one...a lot of those could be scored just by going to a frat party...that test is kind of dumb in comparison though. And inaccurate...I have got to be more geek than jock expecially now that I am not in college anymore.

Edited by egami

Most of us have thrown and kicked a ball...That doesn't make the vast majority of us sports all stars, but it's not Zero on the Jock Meter either.

:rolleyes:The Jock Test I have 44.9% Jock in me.

These were my results:

You answered "yes" to 34 of 98 questions, making you 65.3% jock pure; that is, you are 65.3% pure in the jock domain (you have 34.7% jock in you).

Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 20%, based on a comparison of your test results with 131617 other submissions for this test.

While that may be true of the first 20 years of my life, it certainly isn't true of the last 20..... I agree that it's flawed.

:huh:The Jock Test I have 44.9% Jock in me.

These were my results:

You answered "yes" to 34 of 98 questions, making you 65.3% jock pure; that is, you are 65.3% pure in the jock domain (you have 34.7% jock in you).

Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 20%, based on a comparison of your test results with 131617 other submissions for this test.

While that may be true of the first 20 years of my life, it certainly isn't true of the last 20..... I agree that it's flawed.

OK, I'm responsible linking for the jock test, and I agree it's inherently flawed. It's the first thing that pops up on Google, and unfortunately, after further research, the best thats out there B) I did find a thread on another internet forum where people were taking the exact same two tests and comparing results though, which I thought was interesting. :rolleyes:

Bummer, can't open the jock test from work :rolleyes: but I played college basketball! What kind of geek am i?!

wait, shoot, did i just say I'm at work? um ignore that. (procrastinating geek?...time to get back to the geeky job)

I played college basketball as well and I think I scored lower than some people that may not of played in college. :huh:

17,94872% geek

You answered "yes" to 36 of 98 questions, making you 63.3% jock pure; that is, you are 63.3% pure in the jock domain (you have 36.7% jock in you).

Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 13%, based on a comparison of your test results with 131617 other submissions for this test.

edit: just noticed I'm the highest jock percentage so far...boy does that make me feel weird

Edited by mr_candyman

I scored a 9.46 but the only reason I scored that high is because I work in IT, so I answered yes to a lot of tech stuff.

You say that like being a Geek is bad. Its no worse than being a Jock.

now, being a Dork or a Nerd...now thats a problem. :o

Not saying its bad, just saying that I'm not that geeky.

For the jock test I had:

Your Jock Purity Test Results

You answered "yes" to 59 of 98 questions, making you 39.8% jock pure; that is, you are 39.8% pure in the jock domain (you have 60.2% jock in you).

Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 25%, based on a comparison of your test results with 131617 other submissions for this test.

The average purity for this test is 61.2%.

Your Jock Purity Test Results

You answered "yes" to 59 of 98 questions, making you 39.8% jock pure; that is, you are 39.8% pure in the jock domain (you have 60.2% jock in you).

Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 25%, based on a comparison of your test results with 131617 other submissions for this test.

The average purity for this test is 61.2%.

That's way too many numbers and words for a jock test. I'm a Total Geek at over 30%, and I'm not sure what it means.

I decided I better do the jock test too and the result was about what I expected. 91.8 % pure, 8.2% jock.

But they don't give credit for frequently bushwacking through forests and up and down gullies looking for ammo cans and Tupperware boxes. :o

32.34714%

I got to check five boxes for bring female which raised the score. But I think I should have had have five more bonus ones for being almost 73 years old.

I was a geek before the word was invented. :o

I don't know...if you're that old and doing all that stuff really you should be tipping the coolness scales, imo. :)