Cachetober Fest?

I've been thinking about this for a while but a recent thread brought it to mind again. How do think this would work?

I homebrew. I know of at least one other local cacher who does also. I know some of the others that enjoy a good brew. So how does a homebrew cache event sound?

Here the "rules." You can't attend if you don't bring some homebrew, drink a homebrew while there, or talk to someone who brought a homebrew or is drinking homebrew. Of course we would have designated drivers. Basically it would just be a chance for us to all get together and share some good times.

Would you come to such an event? Do you see any problem with an event like this?

I know other groups have Pub Nights. What do you think?

Edit for spelling

Edited by Totem Clan

I've been thinking about this for a while but a recent thread brought it to mind again. How do think this would work?

I homebrew. I know of at least one other local cacher who does also. I know some of the other that enjoy a good brew. So how does a homebrew cache event sound?

Here the "rules" you can't attend if you don't bring some homebrew, drink a homebrew while there, or talk to someone who brought a homebrew or is drinking homebrew. Of course we would have designated drivers. Basicly it would just be a chance for us to all get together and share some good times.

Would you come to such an event? Do you see any problem with an event like this?

I know other groups have Pub Nights. What do you think?

Are you kidding me????That would rock!!!

First off, I think it's a kewl idea! It'd be even better if you'd hold it in Florida. :rolleyes:

On the down side, (depending on how you wrote it up), it might run afoul of the first sentence in the Guidelines:

Event Caches

Event caches are gatherings that are open to all geocachers

A reviewer might interpret an event created solely to drink alcohol as excluding any geocachers under 21 years of age.

Good luck!

-Sean-

First off, I think it's a kewl idea! It'd be even better if you'd hold it in Florida. B)

On the down side, (depending on how you wrote it up), it might run afoul of the first sentence in the Guidelines:

Event Caches

A reviewer might interpret an event created solely to drink alcohol as excluding any geocachers under 21 years of age.

Good luck!

-Sean-

I'll just bribe her with a beer. :huh:

:rolleyes:B):huh:

That is one of my concerns. The event would not be just to drink alcohol, but that would be a big part of it. That is one reason I'm putting out feelers here first.

As much as I would love to sample homebrew...what about the other distillers?I'm planning on making up hard cider...maybe someone else likes to make wine or whiskey.....are we still welcome to join the festivites? :rolleyes:

Of course. :huh:

I had Sergeant Major that use to brew beer, make wine and distill his own schnapps. Good Stuff B)

I just thought it would be neat to have an event that was kinda a backyard cookout environment and feature homebrews. Just wondering how that would be perceived?

First off, I think it's a kewl idea! It'd be even better if you'd hold it in Florida. :rolleyes:

Event Caches

Good luck!

-Sean-

I'll just bribe her with a beer. :huh:

:huh:B)B)

That is one of my concerns. The event would not be just to drink alcohol, but that would be a big part of it. That is one reason I'm putting out feelers here first.

Mmm..... Beer!

I think that beer alone would not be a problem. There are plenty of wings and beer night type events out there and such. I would be concerned if the page was not family friendly, such as full of "come get drunk with us" type stuff etc., which I know you are not going to do. But a simple homebrew tasting party for cachers that did not promote alcohol as an intoxicant should be OK. I think it would be especially OK if held were families could attend and non-alcohol choices were also provided.

Edited by carleenp

As much as I would love to sample homebrew...what about the other distillers?I'm planning on making up hard cider...maybe someone else likes to make wine or whiskey.....are we still welcome to join the festivites? :rolleyes:

Of course. :huh:

I had Sergeant Major that use to brew beer, make wine and distill his own schnapps. Good Stuff B)

I just thought it would be neat to have an event that was kinda a backyard cookout environment and feature homebrews. Just wondering how that would be perceived?

Well I'd percieve it as awesome.Cachers,sample some brews and other spirits,some food.

Sign me up B)

I think it'd be great! My only issue would be finding vacation time to get myself to North Dakota!

There might also be the issue of finding an airline that doesn't simply fly over ND. B)

OHHHH!burn... :rolleyes:

It's true. :huh:

I just couldn't resist the age old lameness of a good state line attack. B)

I haven't been up to ND for years...it'd be nice to have a good excuse to get up that way.

I just couldn't resist the age old lameness of a good state line attack. :huh:

I haven't been up to ND for years...it'd be nice to have a good excuse to get up that way.

I'm waiting for a chance to move away. :rolleyes:

Nothing against here as much as I just want to go home to Alaska. B)

I just couldn't resist the age old lameness of a good state line attack. B)

I'm waiting for a chance to move away. :rolleyes:

Nothing against here as much as I just want to go home to Alaska. B)

I've never even been there and I could agree with you. :huh: