Logging TB'S ?

rk91279

I was trying to log a TB i picked up and ran into a snag. It seems there are 2 different numbers attached to the bug, one that is printed on the bug and one on the web page that says to use it in reference to this bug. I am confused on this matter,,please help me keep this bug moving.

I was trying to log a TB i picked up and ran into a snag. It seems there are 2 different numbers attached to the bug, one that is printed on the bug and one on the web page that says to use it in reference to this bug. I am confused on this matter,,please help me keep this bug moving.

The reference number is just for reference. Use the number on the tag to log it.

The reference number is a shared number that is open to anybody. If you want to reference a travel bug to a friend, you would send him/her the reference number....but if you are logging the travel bug, then you would use the six digit tracking number on the tag or the coin.

...and make sure not to violate a Travel Bug owner's rules, either:

4undef8.gif

I wanted to leave a really cool geocoin in my own cache for a finder to be pleasantly surprised by, so I logged a "Discovered It" log and got it promptly deleted. :blink:

I don't really get the point of "discovering" a coin/TB. Seems like a waste of time and resources.

I also don't get why someone would delete the log for it. (Although maybe if you dont understand the log type in the first place, like me, then maybe it makes more sense.)

I don't really get the point of "discovering" a coin/TB. Seems like a waste of time and resources.

I also don't get why someone would delete the log for it. (Although maybe if you dont understand the log type in the first place, like me, then maybe it makes more sense.)

Oh let's not get started with that topic...We could spark a fire of discussion by going there! :blink:

Edited by Super_Nate