Found / DNF not listed on main cache pages?

abnerone

Hello fellow Geocaching.com addicts...

I love the sport/hobby/game and our invaluable site. However, I have simple suggestion. When logged into my account, and when viewing a long list of caches resulting from a search, the site puts a nice big red check mark next to the ones I have found. However, when I am viewing a standard full single cache webpage, there is absolutely no indication anywhere on this page, if I have found this cache before or not.

I have only found under 100 caches so far, but many cachers have found thousands. They couldn't possibly remember all them by name, so it seems it would be very beneficial to add the coding to get that same nice big red check mark added in the upper area of each cache page, if you have found it. There could be other icons for DNF's etc.

Thanks to the webmasters for considering making this addition to the code.

abnerone

Usually you will remember which caches. I have found over 1,100 caches and it is easy for me to remember which ones I have done. Also, as a premium member, after I have found a cache then I can filter them out of my future searchs. That can be done by running pocket querys, or by filtering out finds from your home coordinates. To be honest, I have never run into the problem that you are describing.

With my slow Internet connection, I do very little searching on the GC.com web site. I get Pocket Queries, load them into GSAK and, within that program, filter for the locations I am heading towards. In GSAK there is a place I can mark if I had a DNF. If I found a cache, it goes into the Found database.

Since I generally get to the listing page from the search page with checkmarks and so forth - I have never run into the problem either. That and I do fondly remember most of my finds. Also I utilize Pocket Queries to do my searches so i filter out finds from the start.

I think this would be a very good idea. Often when get an instant notification and open the page, it would be nice to have a quick way to tell if this is a cache that I have found or at least tried before. I have over to 2500 finds and its hard to remember all of them.

And yes, I use PQ's and GSAK heavily.

I am wondering, now that the backend servers have a little more oommph, could we consider adding a found red checkmark or DNF icon to the top of each individual cache page, if you have visited a cache, and are logged into your account?

Thanks for considering it.

abnerone