Elitists - You know who you are...

I believe the original poster most likely misread the situation, but there is a chance he was at least partly correct in his observation.

Based on my own observations during these many decades among my fellow primates, it always seems to me that the members of any group who talk and behave as if they are 'above' or 'superior to' others – based on some real or perceived seniority, social standing or other measure of worthiness – almost always seem to harbor some sub- or un-conscious struggle with their own perceived lack of self worth.

Elitists act like elitists because they are insecure.

The people who never seem to have a problem treating everyone else as equals are the people who are most comfortable with their own self-significance. It’s normally only the self-doubting types who will feel they must compensate by publicly distinguishing themselves above newbies or by drawing attention to the imperfections of others.

There was a time when I automatically envied those who looked down at me as an underling or behaved as if they were in a clique that excluded me. Now I know better. Now I just pity them.

If you really must deal with this type of person, the most effective approach is to demonstrate that you are not a threat to their ego, while at the same time refusing to bow to their self-assumed status. Politely act like you’re already ‘one of them’ without bringing attention to their flaws. Works every time.

- Dr. King Bruce the First

Amateur Psychologist, Mediocre Poet, Semi–safe Pilot, Inferior Cacher

... I don't care who you are...doctor, lawyer, trash collector, Nobel Prize winner, redneck, live in a mansion, live in a mobile home down by the river, have a membership at Augusta National or just a season pass to the local Putt-Putt course... if you like geocaching then you have geek tendencies or you're a full fledged geek! As for me, well I'm a college graduate, own my own bussiness and have a beautiful home in the country..but guess what? I'M A GEEK TOO! That's right and I don't mind admitting it.

So, all you "elitist geocachers" out there (and you know who you are) bring your heads down out of the clouds and shape up. Before you start treating others with distain, look in the mirror and tell yourself, "Oh my God...I like geocaching..I'm a geek!" B) and embrace it, then enjoy it... 'cause it's true.

Well I only scored a 9.46 on the Inner Geek Quiz, so that blows holes in your theory B) .

1.76%

I didn't even know what half of that stuff was. :huh::huh:

Well I just had to go take it :o I think I'm winning: 22.09073%

I'm sure you can work out your differences..

All of the cachers I've met (OFF-line!! :rolleyes: ) have been totally friendly and accepted my geekiness! Don't anyone be discouraged from attending events!!!

I had a long post typed but then asked myself why. It's not worth it. You seem more interested in getting a few people to come to your pity party than actual enjoy the events. Here are the facts as I see them.

You attended and event sponsored by a group that you had preconceived disdain for, even though you had no dealings with the group. You had dealings with one person from the group in a forum, and used this to judge us all. You made no attempt to speak with anyone, but instead made it that we wouldn't accept you because you log events a whole bunch of times for smilies and stats. You came here and took pot shots at the group, the members, and our actions by calling us elitists and such. Now you have decided who I am and how I will react in further events with you in attendance.

Yeah I think logging events multiple times is a joke those actions are usually committed by people who were picked last in gym class and need to feel like a winner in some other area. That's my opinion and you will not change that. If I choose to sit and laugh at an event with some thers that know, isn't that my right? Do I need to stay away from these people and only talk to people I don't know? Guess what. 3 years ago I knew none of them, and now look at us. We are such good friends that we are confused easily with elitists and such. Maybe you should try it sometime instead of coming here crying that noone likes you. Gimmie a break.

You say this post wasn't meant to anger anyone from TRIGO, yet you start with name calling and such. Seems you need to rethink your strategy here.

Yep, I was expecting a post like this. It's obviously my fault.

I was and am one of the more vocal people who were sitting at the table in question. I am unsure what qualified myself as an elitist in your book. It surely can't be by found count since you have about twice as many as I do in half the time as myself. Maybe it is because I am active in my area and frequent events and such and socialize with other cachers where you choose to lurk instead. i was at this event obviously and met some cachers I have not met before. I went up to them, and some approached me. You did not approach me or make any attempt to speak to me. I did not see you or I would have said hi. I guess this is entirely my fault since that is how you are able to justify calling me an elitist. Where I come from it takes two to shake hands.

I did, in fact, speak with one member of your group because I recognized the name and have cached a few times with a good friend of his from the area. Maybe you weren't there yet, I don't know because I don't know you. But, I will tell you, I certainly wasn't given the impression that I was welcome to have a seat and chat.

The people you are referring to are anything but elitists. They consisted of a family of four, although TRIGO is paying for the four year old's elitist thug training, a cacher whom I had never met before, a couple from Ohio that I rarely get to see but enjoy the times when we are together, a cacher who rode with me and has less than 50 finds (I made him ride in the back and he was not allowed to talk either way), a well known and respected cacher from our area who enjoy learning things from, and a person who is probably at the head of the Geek Squad for TRIGO. Maybe if you would have made an attempt to speak to any or all of us you would have had a different view. Instead you choose to hide on the outskirts and listen rather than participate, then make a judgement about all of us based on your 60 minute stake out. That's sad and unfair.

As I stated above, I did "attempt to speak to any or all of" of you. Maybe I read the group wrong, I'm certainly not above admitting that I may have been mistaken. There's also a good chance that I had a negative impression of the group in advance since one member in particular personally attacked me on these forums a few months back. I won't deny this.

You make assumptions about a group, TRIGO, based on things you have heard rather than facts. This is a group of over 400 members. You can not with any accuracy, group everyone under a single blanket of agendas. That is ridiculous and just full of holes. While there are people who are said to hate micros, it is actually easier to accuse them of this than state their true disgust which lies in crap caches of any size. Go ahead and continue to spread the false words and more cachers such as yourself will continue to be misinformed and make statements we can laugh at.

Point taken. I'm not trying to say that the entire group is "elitist". I'm simply relating what I saw at the event. Every event that I've been to up until this one were a group of cachers getting to know eachother and having a good time. At this event, I saw a group of people and a lone cacher being ignored. Maybe it's because I went through a shy time in my life and found myself in that boat several times that it irritates me so, but there you have it.

I am not surprised at all how this whole situation has become the group of cachers and the group of TRIGO's fault and not one ounce of it falls onto your shoulders at all. The event in question was us finding over 170 corners of a state park which was going to take them 3 years to do. We as a group did this in 1 day. This was a huge accomplishment and a great way for this group top step up and paint Geocaching and Geocachers in a great light to further our relationship with the DCNR. The saddest part of this whole thing is you took a great effort by our group and came away with nothing good to say. The only thing you can do is complain. Maybe you should make more of an effort to meet people rather than complain behind their backs.

Again, I have nothing against TRIGO...well except for one particular member who attacked me in the forums, but I'm even willing to overlook that, I have thick skin. *I* also participated and found several corners with my group. I was proud to assist the park, but that really has little do with the discussion here.

I know that speaking my mind has probably made me an outcast in the minds of TRIGO, but so be it. Judging by the tone of your entire note here, you're the type of person to hold grudges, so good luck with that. Personally, I won't let anything said in this thread dissuade me from befriending any TRIGO members, including you, should you decide to check your attack tone before we chat.

My purpose in posting this was not to anger anyone, make enemies, or "dis" TRIGO. My purpose was to tell those involved how they were perceived from the outside. I have done several things in my life that years later I found out were rude, wrong, and made somebody feel like crap. I regret every single one.

1.76%

I didn't even know what half of that stuff was. B):huh:

Well I just had to go take it :huh: I think I'm winning: 22.09073%

All of the cachers I've met (OFF-line!! B) ) have been totally friendly and accepted my geekiness! Don't anyone be discouraged from attending events!!!

I got know problem with that! :o In fact bring your 'geeky' self over and we'll hit a few caches and relax with a home brew afterwards. :rolleyes:

Geek or not, if you cache, there's got to be something good going for ya. :o

Based on my own observations during these many decades among my fellow primates, it always seems to me that the members of any group who talk and behave as if they are 'above' or 'superior to' others – based on some real or perceived seniority, social standing or other measure of worthiness – almost always seem to harbor some sub- or un-conscious struggle with their own perceived lack of self worth.

So good Dr. please help me. I don't understand how I can be exempt from this group. Take this situation for example. Cachers came back at various times. 4 of us, 2 groups, were sitting at the table. As others came back they sat down as well. What started out as an impropmtu sitting, now has been described as an Elitist Event grouping. how could we have avoided this? Maybe not allowing anymore than 5 people who know each other to sit together? At this pint anytime we actually have fun chatting, we will be perceived as Elitists. I don't want to be an Elitist. I want to be a lowly scumbag that I once was. I know some will say that I still am, and that's OK. I have thick skin. Is there a pill I can take to fix this?

In need of social help,

pghlooking

Elitist Extraordinare

1.76%

I didn't even know what half of that stuff was. :huh:B)

Well I just had to go take it B) I think I'm winning: 22.09073%

All of the cachers I've met (OFF-line!! :huh: ) have been totally friendly and accepted my geekiness! Don't anyone be discouraged from attending events!!!

I got know problem with that! B) In fact bring your 'geeky' self over and we'll hit a few caches and relax with a home brew afterwards. :rolleyes:

Geek or not, if you cache, there's got to be something good going for ya. :o

B):D:D:D

I just might have to make a trip to SD....Oh MAN it's been forever since a good brew.I can taste the hopsy goodness from here.....*slobber*opps,sorry :o:D:D

... I don't care who you are...doctor, lawyer, trash collector, Nobel Prize winner, redneck, live in a mansion, live in a mobile home down by the river, have a membership at Augusta National or just a season pass to the local Putt-Putt course... if you like geocaching then you have geek tendencies or you're a full fledged geek! As for me, well I'm a college graduate, own my own bussiness and have a beautiful home in the country..but guess what? I'M A GEEK TOO! That's right and I don't mind admitting it.

So, all you "elitist geocachers" out there (and you know who you are) bring your heads down out of the clouds and shape up. Before you start treating others with distain, look in the mirror and tell yourself, "Oh my God...I like geocaching..I'm a geek!" B) and embrace it, then enjoy it... 'cause it's true.

Well I only scored a 9.46 on the Inner Geek Quiz, so that blows holes in your theory B) .

1.76%

I didn't even know what half of that stuff was. :huh::huh:

All of the cachers I've met (OFF-line!! :rolleyes: ) have been totally friendly and accepted my geekiness! Don't anyone be discouraged from attending events!!!

27.0217% - Total Geek Woo Hoo!!!! King of the Geeks!!!

1.76%

I didn't even know what half of that stuff was. :o:huh:

All of the cachers I've met (OFF-line!! B) ) have been totally friendly and accepted my geekiness! Don't anyone be discouraged from attending events!!!

I got know problem with that! B) In fact bring your 'geeky' self over and we'll hit a few caches and relax with a home brew afterwards. :rolleyes:

Geek or not, if you cache, there's got to be something good going for ya. B)

Another cacher/homebrewer?! Or have I mentioned that before?! I have a dunkelweisen for summer right now that keeps telling me to bottle it; but I can't find the time!!! I'm going to an event cache tonight :huh: Maybe tomorrow I'll get to it?!

a homebrew event sounds like a great idea B) and I've never been to SD!

So, all you "elitist geocachers" out there (and you know who you are) bring your heads down out of the clouds and shape up. Before you start treating others with distain, look in the mirror and tell yourself, "Oh my God...I like geocaching..I'm a geek!" :huh: and embrace it, then enjoy it... 'cause it's true.

Well I only scored a 9.46 on the Inner Geek Quiz, so that blows holes in your theory :huh: .

1.76%

I didn't even know what half of that stuff was. :o:o

Well I just had to go take it B) I think I'm winning: 22.09073%

27.0217% - Total Geek Woo Hoo!!!! King of the Geeks!!!

B)

7.10059% ?Wow...higher than I expected. B)

*sigh*

I agree... the arguements can get out of hand...

The whole thread is out of hand and mostly OT.

The OP started a thread to complain about something that just is skewed and one sided. It has turned from pity party, to debate about how the caching game has devolved, to anything else random that anyone wants to say. Most other threads get closed at this point, maybe it is time for this one as well. The OP has his chance to complain and take some shots at the group we all love to hate. What's left now?

*sigh*

I agree... the arguements can get out of hand...

The whole thread is out of hand and mostly OT.

The OP started a thread to complain about something that just is skewed and one sided. It has turned from pity party, to debate about how the caching game has devolved, to anything else random that anyone wants to say. Most other threads get closed at this point, maybe it is time for this one as well. The OP has his chance to complain and take some shots at the group we all love to hate. What's left now?

Yet again...basically.

By the way, if anyone ever meets me at an event and I'm talking mostly to people I already know, it's more because I'm kind of shy than b/c im not friendly

I am in your area and I look forward to meeting you at an event. :huh: Shyness be damned. I'm very outgoing and friendly. No, really! I don't care who you are (and I'm using the collective "you") or what kind of caching you believe in, if you're within eyesight and earshot of me, I'm talking to you. I talk to everyone.

Although I've only been to one event so far, I do believe I scared a few folks with my forwardness. :rolleyes:B) Fo shiz.

So good Dr. please help me. I don't understand how I can be exempt from this group. Take this situation for example. Cachers came back at various times. 4 of us, 2 groups, were sitting at the table. As others came back they sat down as well. What started out as an impropmtu sitting, now has been described as an Elitist Event grouping. how could we have avoided this? Maybe not allowing anymore than 5 people who know each other to sit together? At this pint anytime we actually have fun chatting, we will be perceived as Elitists. I don't want to be an Elitist. I want to be a lowly scumbag that I once was. I know some will say that I still am, and that's OK. I have thick skin. Is there a pill I can take to fix this?

In need of social help,

pghlooking

Elitist Extraordinare

Please read this portion that you failed to quote. It was the very first line of my post:

I believe the original poster most likely misread the situation, ...

I don't know you, and I therefore have no reason to believe that you, personally, are either insecure or an elitist.

- KBI, Misconstrued Misunderstandee

In need of social help,

pghlooking

Elitist Extraordinare

Dunno about all that kinda complicated stuff, but I have one question for you... You had mentioned in an earlier post in this thread that you Pgh-area Elite folks often have events that end up at the local brewpub, and had mentioned offhandedly that then, at the end of the evening, you always sacrifice a newbie (preferably one who is into lame urban micros.) My question for you is this: are you still doing the bloodletting thing and drinking the blood of the victim? We useta do that in Maryand, and it was great fun, but the state health department got after us B):huh: ; they told us it was perfectly fine to execute newbies, particularly if they had a fondness for LUMs, but that it is a public health hazard :rolleyes: to bloodlet the corpse and for people to pass around the mug full of blood, that all kinds of "communicable diseases" can be passed in the blood. So, here in MD, we nowadays largely skip that latter part, unless we know for sure that the bartender and other employees of the pub are really cool and are not gonna tattle to the state health people on us.

I can honestly say that I'm surprised that this thread hasn't devolved into the LPC/Micro cache subjective lameness debate or the subjective numbers debate. For that I credit the OP. Somehow that post seems to have kept things on track. Good job.

This thread is really hard to read. I skimmed much of it since it started and I wasn't going to comment except for finding a couple of views I found quite interesting. TAR's and Nona's posts on page 2 made very good points.

What I see as an observer of what I've bothered to read so far is an awkward social situation perceived to have gone bad when in fact it probably hadn't. Perception IS reality.

I've been to 70+ events in 5 states and being the social animal I have been for my entire life, I find I can fit into just about any group.

I may be a member of some perceived clique within my own geocaching family without knowing it..... to someone who would first consider themselves as an outsider instead of as a full member of the group of geocachers gathered.

The fact is, I'm not. I always try to see that someone who is standing alone on the edge of the action gets included when I'm hosting an event, but I often don't when I'm not hosting.

I enjoy meeting new people and welcoming them into our local geocaching family, but I have little time to hand hold someone without the social skill to asert themselves into the group.

We always know when we have a NEW long term member when they are still around when most everyone else has departed. If there is no stated end to one of our events they have been known to go on until 3am or even as late as 6am on occasion. All are welcome, but please, take the first welcome at face value and accept it rather than thinking you need to be encouraged to stick around to feel accepted. If you're a geocacher then you're family. Families often become dysfunctional based upon perceptions.

The events I attend have gotten so large that it's really hard to meet and get to know everyone as it used to be in the olden days when a friggin' HUGE event almost got 100 people in attendance. Now, average attendance is 50 to 75 and often over 100 throughout the day for a day long event. Many, many new faces show up every time to the point where it's hard to recognize anyone you haven't seen around several times.

It stands to reason that people start to gravitate toward familiar faces and that could be seen a clique to someone who would think of themselves first as an outsider before they thought of themselves as a geocacher just like everyone around them.

Check your perception BEFORE you point the finger of blame.

Edited by Snoogans

Several people have said "don't like the direction the sport is heading" but not offering what direction they think it is going or even where it came from...could somebody please expand on this idea?

I'm sure the old timers from football would have thought helmets and padding were the wrong direction for that sport to go in..lol...

I still wonder if the event the OP is talking about is the B-Day Party / Geocaching Event that they last attended (looking at his profile).

I think that type of...um, hybrid event could lend itself to a more clique-like atmosphere.

Several people have said "don't like the direction the sport is heading" but not offering what direction they think it is going or even where it came from...could somebody please expand on this idea?

I'm sure the old timers from football would have thought helmets and padding were the wrong direction for that sport to go in..lol...

It's the age old aesthetics debate based largely upon unrealistic expectations and feelings of entitlement.

By the way, if anyone ever meets me at an event and I'm talking mostly to people I already know, it's more because I'm kind of shy than b/c im not friendly

I am in your area and I look forward to meeting you at an event. :huh: Shyness be damned. I'm very outgoing and friendly. No, really! I don't care who you are (and I'm using the collective "you") or what kind of caching you believe in, if you're within eyesight and earshot of me, I'm talking to you. I talk to everyone.

Although I've only been to one event so far, I do believe I scared a few folks with my forwardness. :rolleyes:B) Fo shiz.

B) Going to the Event in New Brunswick tonight? It's kind of far, but we usually try to get to it (its monthly) since its on a weeknight and leaves the weekends (glorious weekends) open for caching and being outside!

I didn't mean that I sit in the corner and shake though hahaha... just that...well, different perceptions; sometimes a person (me) is shy not elitist! :huh:

i think Snoogans said it pretty well...except I don't think I could pull 6am without falling asleep on everyone!

In need of social help,

pghlooking

Elitist Extraordinare

Dunno about all that kinda complicated stuff, but I have one question for you... You had mentioned in an earlier post in this thread that you Pgh-area Elite folks often have events that end up at the local brewpub, and had mentioned offhandedly that then, at the end of the evening, you always sacrifice a newbie (preferably one who is into lame urban micros.) My question for you is this: are you still doing the bloodletting thing and drinking the blood of the victim? We useta do that in Maryand, and it was great fun, but the state health department got after us B):huh: ; they told us it was perfectly fine to execute newbies, particularly if they had a fondness for LUMs, but that it is a public health hazard :rolleyes: to bloodlet the corpse and for people to pass around the mug full of blood, that all kinds of "communicable diseases" can be passed in the blood. So, here in MD, we nowadays largely skip that latter part, unless we know for sure that the bartender and other employees of the pub are really cool and are not gonna tattle to the state health people on us.

Actually it only the Gormandize event held each spring that we venture over to the MicroBrew. They know by now that we require special treatment. While they don't condone the amatuer blood letting that we enjoy in our rituals, they at least look the other way and turn off the video cameras for our protection. At least that is their reasoning even if I think it has more to do with their insurance policy than anything.

This year we skipped the offering because Phil Trigo Showed himself.

115e353c-ee0d-4c8c-b3c9-c24a37d65e2c.jpg

It is more like a Groundhog day thing to us. If Phil Trigo shows we skip the offering because we know he is happy. If we don't see Phil then we must give him the blood of a newbie micro hunter. How else would we maintain the title of He Man Micro Hater's Club?

Edited by pghlooking

I still wonder if the event the OP is talking about is the B-Day Party / Geocaching Event that they last attended (looking at his profile).

I think that type of...um, hybrid event could lend itself to a more clique-like atmosphere.

No he is referring to Caching Moraine's Corners.

Ah, thanks, missed that among all the old school whining. :huh:

Glad i could be of help to a newbie and a new friend. :rolleyes:

It was hosted by a local caching group that is well known to be anti-micro, anti-anything not a long hike in a beautiful locale, even anti-"nerdy cachers".

I am unsure how Kordite and his geek belt slipped past our radar. It must have been that he asked to enter in Klingon and we unknowningly gave him the enter words. I just thought it was a really cool belch I was doing.

445c4c15-46e2-43b0-8a04-6d3976ce26cc.jpg

I'll say again since you must be skipping my posts by now...I don't hate any of you. I perceived something I did not like and after debating whether to do so or not for a few weeks, I voiced it. Should I meet you at an event in the near future, I will walk up and introduce myself and try to show you that I'm not the a-hole you think I am. If you want to be friendly back at me...then we'll chat awhile and go caching. Otherwise, oh well, I'm still gonna try.

Denigrating the actions of those you disagree with will never win people to your side of an issue.

Pot, meet kettle.

:D

Bravo!

If you think so, prove your point.

:rolleyes::huh:B)B)

Oh Gawd!

You just proved it! B)

:huh::o:oB)

And I won't hit a brick wall, because the wall won't so you just waste your energy.

It was hosted by a local caching group that is well known to be anti-micro, anti-anything not a long hike in a beautiful locale, even anti-"nerdy cachers".

I am unsure how Kordite and his geek belt slipped past our radar. It must have been that he asked to enter in Klingon and we unknowningly gave him the enter words. I just thought it was a really cool belch I was doing.

Is it geeky of me to say cool belt?

Denigrating the actions of those you disagree with will never win people to your side of an issue.

Pot, meet kettle.

Bravo!

Oh Gawd!

You just proved it! B)

And I won't hit a brick wall, because the wall won't so you just waste your energy.

So, telling someone that you think that they are being rude is the same as actually being rude.

Thanks for a glimpse into your process.

Is it geeky of me to say cool belt?

B):rolleyes: I was just wondering where I could get one of those. :huh:B)

PDA cachers miss some of the point, a good trail/walk through the muck and mire.

Come again? I use a PDA, yet my favorite caches, both owned and hunted involve tromps in swamps.

Maybe I missed something?

Yup! Nothing left but multi-millionaire sissies. :rolleyes:

Go Rugby!

I'll say again since you must be skipping my posts by now...I don't hate any of you. I perceived something I did not like and after debating whether to do so or not for a few weeks, I voiced it. Should I meet you at an event in the near future, I will walk up and introduce myself and try to show you that I'm not the a-hole you think I am. If you want to be friendly back at me...then we'll chat awhile and go caching. Otherwise, oh well, I'm still gonna try.

I'm glad to see you will continue to attend events and that you realize your perception caused your initial social angst.

I've met some folks at events and percieved them to less than friendly and then seen them at another event and gotten a totally different vibe.

Interaction is the sum of what both parties bring to the table. Sometimes it fits well together and other times ya got a square peg for a round hole and no mallet. :rolleyes: No one is to blame. We are all accountable for our own perceptions.

This is off the topic, and possibly completely unimportant since the numbers don't (officially) matter: why would you log "attended" the same event multiple times? Possibly in error, but why not go back and fix it?

Can you log the the same cache "found" multiple times? I thought that at least was impossible in the past.

Going to events can be intimidating when you're new-ish. Sometimes it may seem like people ignore you, but really they just probably cache in a group more than you, already know some people from previous events, or maybe even knew each other before caching. Some people come with their families too. Being a solo cacher myself and rarely attending events, when I do it's sometimes difficult to mix, but I tend to meet good people at the events I attend and enjoy them. As for making fun of people who log finds when they didn't find a cache, that's not elitist. That's joking around about a practice that most people disagree with, while perhaps adding an aspect of shaming to it, which is a form of correction that societies and groups have used for millenia.

Now that being on topic is out of the way, I'm Major Geek with a score of 36.48915%! I'm winning!

This is off the topic, and possibly completely unimportant since the numbers don't (officially) matter: why would you log "attended" the same event multiple times? Possibly in error, but why not go back and fix it?
Some event holders create temporary caches to be found at the event. Since the caches are temporary, they cannot be listed. Therefore, some event holders allow people to log them individually on the event page. Since this is off-topic to this thread, I will not comment as to the 'correctness' of this practice.
Can you log the the same cache "found" multiple times? I thought that at least was impossible in the past.
This is not impossible. Whether it is allowed depends on the cache owner. Edited by sbell111

This is a debate that you can read up on in length if you search the forums a little. Basically the theory is that some event caches have temporary caches that are pulled after the event. Some who find these temporary caches log extra attended logs so that these temporary finds add one to their find count. Others are strictly against it and are quite vocal about it. Personally, I have logged temporary finds as attended to this point. I'm not going to undo these because it would throw off all of my milestones, but I'm on the fence as to whether to continue to do so or not.

Pot, meet kettle.

Bravo!

Oh Gawd!

You just proved it! B)

So, telling someone that you think that they are being rude is the same as actually being rude.

Thanks for a glimpse into your process.

Please take this elsewhere.

Thanks

As I have never attended an event, perhaps someone can answer this for me:

I went caching in a county park a few weekends back and realized there was a group of cachers about 30 minutes in front of us. It made things difficult to fully enjoy the hunt for the cache as they were generally just done re-hiding the cache when we got there and their presence in that spot pretty much gave away the location. Wouldnt you have the same situation only 20x worse at an event with tons of people there?

Personally, I enjoy the solitude of the woods when I am out caching (well, except for my team of "trained monkeys"). What is the allure of doing it with a crowd of people?