2007 Indiana Fall Picnic

daggy

Mark your calendar! The 2007 Fall Picnic will be held on September 7-8 at Memorial Park in New Castle. The planning team is hard at work and plans are coming along well. Cache page (GC12X5F) is awaiting approval. We can't wait to see everyone there.

The fall picnic is right around the corner and everything is coming together nicely. You can find all the information on GC12X5F. EVERYONE is invited! If you have any additional question, give me a shout.

Just to remind you of the weekend's event, there is a Friday night meeting and greet and night cache. On Saturday, there is a pitch-in lunch, event caches, kid's challenge, GeoSurvivor, prizes and raffles.

New this year are event pathtags and a youth challenge.

We can't wait to see everyone there. Please check out the cache page for lots of details about the day.

Don't forget to get me names for nametags. The picnic is just around the corner and I want everyone to have a nametag if they are going to be there. I have a few that have signed up on the cache page but have not sent me their first name or how many is going to be there. You can email me at this address.

jprairie@rtccom.net

Thanks Prairiepartners

Pam

Here is a list of the nametag info I need!!

Still need nametag info for the following:

B n J

BIG Mama K

guinnessfc

Happy Squid

IC1

InButterfly

IndyCouple

Lumpy & the Butternuts

LegoCoach

moondoggie30

paddleingwinos

Ravenhwk

Son Of Cyclops

TVNewsBiz

Ubear & Stinky

Wabashbanks

Also the ones that just signed up or will be signing up.

See you all at the picnic!!!

Pam (Prairiepartners)

jprairie@rtccom.net

It's crunch time for the picnic planning team. We are all busy packing and heading out in the morning for the event.

Regristration for the event has been fantastic. It looks like we will surpass last year's attendance.

For those who haven't attended a Indiana Fall Picnic before, glad you could join us. The picnic is a social/networking day with a few events to keep thing interesting.

The deadline for geo-survivor has passed. There will be a drawing to determine participants since more people signed-up than spaces on the teams.

Deadlines for reserving pathtags and T-shirts also has passed. There should be plenty of pathtags available for sale at the event. There will only be a handful of T-shirts available for sale on a first-come-first-serve basis.

PARKING will be available in the nearby field as long as there is not a major rain event. There is some parking available along the sides of the road leading into the shelter area. If you park in this area, please use angled parking so we can fit more cars along the road.

There are no picnic tables available around this shelter so you may want to bring lawn chairs. Seating to view Survivor will be on a hillside so you may want to bring a blanket to sit on.

Don't forget, to bring a contribution for the pitch-in lunch. The pitch-in lunch is available only to those who contribute a dish.

The picnic will be held RAIN OR SHINE. What's a little rain to geocaching? Just another challenge!

See you at the picnic!

It's crunch time for the picnic planning team. We are all busy packing and heading out in the morning for the event.

Regristration for the event has been fantastic. It looks like we will surpass last year's attendance.

For those who haven't attended a Indiana Fall Picnic before, glad you could join us. The picnic is a social/networking day with a few events to keep thing interesting.

The deadline for geo-survivor has passed. There will be a drawing to determine participants since more people signed-up than spaces on the teams.

Deadlines for reserving pathtags and T-shirts also has passed. There should be plenty of pathtags available for sale at the event. There will only be a handful of T-shirts available for sale on a first-come-first-serve basis.

PARKING will be available in the nearby field as long as there is not a major rain event. There is some parking available along the sides of the road leading into the shelter area. If you park in this area, please use angled parking so we can fit more cars along the road.

There are no picnic tables available around this shelter so you may want to bring lawn chairs. Seating to view Survivor will be on a hillside so you may want to bring a blanket to sit on.

Don't forget, to bring a contribution for the pitch-in lunch. The pitch-in lunch is available only to those who contribute a dish.

The picnic will be held RAIN OR SHINE. What's a little rain to geocaching? Just another challenge!

See you at the picnic!

Bwa-ha-hah-HAH! ... The power of the pig compels you! The power of the pig compels you!

Hey Torry, sorry we left so early. Milo really wanted to say good-bye (and check out the piggies one last time). Hopefully we'll run into you again soon. It was nice to meet you in person, along with many many others.

And thanks again and again to the whole planning crew and everyone who contributed and/or volunteered. The picnic was a terrific success, even with the little "misting" we got. :huh: The pop-up is going to be drying out for a long, long time...

Oh my goodness! What an absolutely awesome time! Just let me toss in my heartfelt gratitude to all the really really really hard work that went into the event. Tater, WC Nut, Daggy, Deermark, Bad Majec: ya'll ROCK! I know I'm forgetting some, and if I have, I am so sorry. It was a terrific picnic and a great time was had by all. If you came and didn't have fun - there's something wrong with you! Thanks for hosting a great shindig.

The picnic is over and the planning team deserves a long rest. Not! We are already working on next year's event.

We've made contact with one state park and a couple of other sites. Within the next couple of weeks, we will be visiting these sites to see if they will work for this ever growing event.

Will update everyone as soon as a decision is made.