geocache series

i have this idea for a geocache series. i want to make it from a website called homestarrunner.com i think its funny but can who ever is reading this look at homestarrunner.com and tell me if its a good idea to make. i want it about a toon inthe site called where thecheat.

Edited by therat

well like the toon you would look at some differnt places and see if the cheat was there bhe wouldnt but you would get nubers to see where he is you would have to go to this to see where he was in the toon. http://www.homestarrunner.com/whereis.html

I have no idea what you are talking about, and the more you tell us, the less I understand, but.... I cannot BELIEVE that you would refer to "nub***" (as in "...get the nub*** to see...") on a public forum! Wow! :(:laughing::lol::(

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

well like the toon you would look at some differnt places and see if the cheat was there bhe wouldnt but you would get nubers to see where he is you would have to go to this to see where he was in the toon. http://www.homestarrunner.com/whereis.html

I have no idea what you are talking about, and the more you tell us, the less I understand, but.... I cannot BELIEVE that you would refer to "nub***" (as in "...get the nub*** to see...") on a public forum! Wow! :):):ph34r::D

I think he meant "you would get nuMbers". Actually, I'm not sure I know what YOU were talking about! :D As to "the cheat", well, that's got to be the most inane thing I've seen since my kids dragged me to see "Pikachu's Vacation" a few years ago! :D

Edited by JamGuys

Most looney thing I've seen since heybadgerbadger.com (or was that badgerbadgerbadger.com?). Something like that. Anyway, a schizophrenic friend thought it was fantastic.

Problem is, if I understand you right, you want people to watch the toon to know how to find the cache. I'm not sure, but I think all information needed to find the cache is supposed to be on the GC.com web page.

Problem is, if I understand you right, you want people to watch the toon to know how to find the cache.

That's the impression I got from sifting through the question. Folks would watch the cartoon to figure out the cache location? Check with your local reviewer, but I'm thinking these are no longer allowed.

Sounds like a puzzle cache because I like others don't know what you are getting at. :)

If it's a workable cache, people will enjoy it.

HR rocks the hizzle.
:P Uhh... :D Ok... :(

Sounds like a puzzle cache, maybe a multi. Would you be required forced to watch the video in order to solve the puzzle, or would it be a search of the same style as the puzzle? I'm kind of fuzzy on the new guidelines and the use of other sites to solve a puzzle cache. As long as nothing is needed to be downloaded, I think the approval of such a thing is up to the reviewer.

What I understand is that you want to set up a series of caches based on the other website's characters that have clues to get to the final cache. This sounds fine to me, but I'm not a reviewer.

I just took a look at the other website and it not something I would enjoy having to watch though. Using your creativity no matter where you get it from sounds good to me. I would work on this mystery cache as long as you do not force me to watch any more of those videos.

I am sure people who are regulars to the website would enjoy it.

Pete

PLMerry

I'm a computer retard, so I may have misinterpreted what was said, but I seem to recall someone mentioning that having links on your cache page that you have to click on to get the coords could be a bad thing. I think they specified sites that required downloading stuff or creating accounts? Hopefully a Moderator will chime in and set me straight.

That's why I suggested you talk to your local reviewer before you invest a lot of time on this project. You can tell them exactly what you intend to do, and they can steer you in the right direction.

I still think it's a kewl idea, if you can pull it off.

Good luck!

-Sean-