New Forum Subcatagory!

Thanks Jeremy for adding this subcategory! I will be posting some reviews on various gear I’ve purchased as time permits. I recently picked up a Katadyn Vario water filter, I’ll be trying it out today. I got it to replace my older (and much heavier) Katdyn expedition grade model.

Thanks for the forum Jeremy. I have a few ideas to share here that would have fallen flat in the other forums I frequent. GREAT IDEA on your part.

Back from a short hike where I got to try out the Katadyn Vario water filter. I'll post a write-up with pictures later. For now; it exceeded my expectations.

I have the old model Katadyn. It's kinda heavy for backpacking long distances, but ideal for my use. I just love it. :ph34r:

Thanks for the forum Jeremy. I have a few ideas to share here that would have fallen flat in the other forums I frequent. GREAT IDEA on your part.

Back from a short hike where I got to try out the Katadyn Vario water filter. I'll post a write-up with pictures later. For now; it exceeded my expectations.

I have the old model Katadyn. It's kinda heavy for backpacking long distances, but ideal for my use. I just love it. :P

Try carrying a first need purfier. :)

However heavy it may be in comparison, it meets my needs and fears.

I think it is unanimous! We love the new category. I can easily spend an entire day looking for one cache and am eager to hear and share opinions on hiking and the equipment involved. Thanks.....can we get an icon now? Oh...and where is the pinned topic at the head of the page? Who gets to moderate this one? ....sorry...just excited about the new category :D

I think it is unanimous! We love the new category. I can easily spend an entire day looking for one cache and am eager to hear and share opinions on hiking and the equipment involved. Thanks.....can we get an icon now? Oh...and where is the pinned topic at the head of the page? Who gets to moderate this one? ....sorry...just excited about the new category :D

I vote for a boot as an icon.

So far it hasn’t needed any moderational intervention. Whatever you do, don’t volunteer, there’s a couple of busybodies that will gossip about you for having done so. Although, hearing about losers pissing and moaning is often very entertaining! :D;)

Edited by Criminal

I vote for a boot as an icon.

So far it hasn’t needed any moderational intervention. Whatever you do, don’t volunteer, there’s a couple of busybodies that will gossip about you for having done so. Although, hearing about losers pissing and moaning is often very entertaining! :D;)

How about a pair of unlaced boots?