Virtual Coin Drop

I have a microcache called Global Warming that a cacher did a "virtual coin drop into". I don't understand this. The cache now shows an inventory of 7 geocoins, and they can't be there, the cache container is too small.

I'm afraid that either someone will come to the cache hoping to find a geocoin that's not there, or mis-understand the size of the cache container, because at a glance, it appears big enough to hold 7 geocoins.

Could somebody explain "virtual coin drop"? Perhaps the cacher intends to log them right back out, but they are listed as I write.

Thanks!

It seems to take GC.com a while to update trackables? may have been a 'wobbley wednesday' or 'shakey sunday'??? e-mail and let them know they're ready for collection!

have a great weeekend

minxyy

Edited by minxyy

Thanks again. Somebody else has logged the cache and now there's not seven, there's nine geocoins in my micro. I guess I don't understand the practice of logging coins into caches where they haven't been. I mean, the cachers found the caches, I'm not questioning that, but the coins, with the exception of a micro-micro coin listed, surely wouldn't fit. I'm not understanding the point, and haven't seen this before. I'll e-mail the cachers.

Like a number of people I have a personal TB that I log into and out of every cache I find, including virtuals. So far that little bug has logged 109,886 miles. I find it fascinating that I've traveled that far caching - actually farther if you were to count my DNFs :drama:

Seems like the cachers met at the spot and traded coins. Doesn't seem to be anything bad there. They're not listed there anymore!

No, nothing bad there. I contacted the cachers and they were very nice. I'm glad to have the coins out of there before the weekend, so as to not cause confusion.

Seems like the cachers met at the spot and traded coins. Doesn't seem to be anything bad there. They're not listed there anymore!

No, nothing bad there. I contacted the cachers and they were very nice. I'm glad to have the coins out of there before the weekend, so as to not cause confusion.

As the cache owner you can always move them to an "unknown" location. This will remove them from your cache inventory and they are still available for use. The next person to enter the tracking number can then put them in their new location. :(

I believe, if a coin or TB is logged into your cache and it isn't there, an option appears on the TBs page to "Mark TB as Missing". I have had travel bugs go missing from my caches several times....this takes them off the inventory. And, as the previous post said, the next person to actually find the TB or Coin will be able to log it into a cache.