Arthur & Trillian personal coins are here!!

ArtieD

Final die art has been approved for our first personal geocoin!

It is being made and sold by Coins & Pins. 250 will be sold by C&P and I will have 60 LE's and XLE's for trade that will be in metals you cannot buy.

A big thank you to Tess and all the gang for their hard work!

AT_Coin_Art_Final.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Well done, Arthur & Trillian! Can't wait to see these in person. Perhaps we can set up a trade? You already have my XLE Copper (only one per caching account, f-t-f trades only) so we will have to work something else out. I have a feeling that I will have some things you might want after GW5 :o

CF30

I like the front alot, but can you explain the back? Very different I must say...we got Dolphins, a hitchhiker, a tree hide. But what is that on the right side? and I may have missed somethin in life on this one, but what do you mean by "Yes we know where our towells are"?

Cool Coin!!!...I LIKE EM-when ya gettin em!

Edited: Because I called A&T a Dork (as a inside joke from the chatroom) and now I feel bad! :o:o---- ahh screw it...your still a Dork! :o:o:o

Edited by 007BigD

A towel is just about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have :o Great coin! I'm a big fan of the Hitchhiker's series, but our spending for coins is just about down to zero for now. We will have a geo-jelly and a geo-tag as possible trading materials, however. Once we get them, we'll drop you a line and see if we can work out a deal.

Thanks for all the responses guys! We really appreciate it!

Many have asked for trades, and we can do that. I just added this to the OP, but here it is again...C&P will be sellling 250 of these. I will get 60 for myself and they will be of metals you cannot buy. Right now I am thinking about either 45 LE and 15 XLE Artist's Editions or 50 LE and 10 XLE Artist's Editions.

As far as when they are due...well, I guess as soon as a die can be made, samples made and approved...and final production. Translation: I have no clue! Maybe a month? I am a newb at making coins! :o

I like the front alot, but can you explain the back? Very different I must say...we got Dolphins, a hitchhiker, a tree hide. But what is that on the right side? and I may have missed somethin in life on this one, but what do you mean by "Yes we know where our towells are"?

It's a towel hanging from a branch, with a GPSr hanging by its strap on top of it.

To quote a part directly from the Hitchhiker's Guide...the pearl of all wisdom:

A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a minicraft down the slow, heavy River Moth. ; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat. wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you – daft as a brush, but very, very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough...

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: nonhitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possesion of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space suit, etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen ither items that the hithhiker might accidentally have "lost." What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rought it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with."

So you see....having a towel is very important...and yes, we know where our towels are. :o:D

Edited: Because I called A&T a Dork (as a inside joke from the chatroom) and now I feel bad! :o:o---- ahh screw it...your still a Dork! :o:o:o

I love you too! :D:D

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

OH YEAH! I remember that topic!!!!! Just after I posted!!! I remember the Towell thing now too!!! :drama:

Im in!!!! for at least 2 of them!- 1 in each metal!

Congrats...and those towells are pretty dang handy!, especially for the Big Boned fellas like myself on a hot summers day! The Middle east have discovered this towell thing long before us!...Now this will open up a whole new realm...even for them!...OH and it feels great to be loved!!!!

Any news?

Sample production began on May 30...I was told by a person at C&P that I should get samples in this weekend or early next week...around then. I will post them up when I get them! B)

That said, if they meet expectations they should go into full production and be ready mid-late July.

Samples are in!!!!!!! <_<:(:)

Post #42 no less...yes, 42 IS the Ultimate Answer. :D

From left to right, top to bottom they are: copper, gold, nickel, antique copper, antique silver & antique bronze.

Enjoy!

coins1-1.jpg

coins2-1.jpg

Edited by Arthur & Trillian
Samples are in!!!!!!! :):D:o

Post #42 no less...yes, 42 IS the Ultimate Answer. :(

From left to right, top to bottom they are: copper, gold, nickel, antique copper, antique silver & antique bronze.

Enjoy!

coins1-1.jpg

coins2-1.jpg

Those are very nice, Michael. I especially like the antiqued copper and the antiqued bronze. I would love to trade for either or both of those finishes. Please... <_<

CF30

Thanks for the compliments guys...I am gonna call C&P tomorrow to set the final finishes, and to have them adjust the color of the dolphins...they should have been grey. LOL

Some have already stated their preference, but does anyone else have any preferences as far as the finish?