Wet fun

We're putting together a cacheing expedition with an inflatable boat.

We're based in Bucks, and don't want to go a long way away; maybe 100 miles maximum.

We know of the three Waterworld caches GCWYP6, GCWYP9 and GCWYPM, and also GCMXRW

Can anyone suggest others within the area I suggested? Thanks

Hello!

Thomas West Derwentwater and Coniston stations, Swallows and Amazons, Ling along a lucky and I think there's one on an island on Derwentwater too... :o

There are also a few caches along the lake shores close to the above which can also be picked up by boat.

They're all in Cumbria though, so it might be a bit far...

PM for more information if you're interested. :o

I've been invited on this trip which is great, but... The WaterWorld series are all premium member caches, and I'm a humble member (stop giggling at the back), the only other local ones (Punter's caches in Oxford & I am not a number...) are mine! I suggested the Lakes ones, but I suspect they are a bit far. Maybe we can turn the trip into a setting voyage rather than a finding voyage. Oxford's got some more islands... :o

I've been invited on this trip which is great, but... The WaterWorld series are all premium member caches, and I'm a humble member (stop giggling at the back), the only other local ones (Punter's caches in Oxford & I am not a number...) are mine! I suggested the Lakes ones, but I suspect they are a bit far. Maybe we can turn the trip into a setting voyage rather than a finding voyage. Oxford's got some more islands... :o

Paul if the owner dose not object there is a way for Non PM's to log PM caches [without changing them to non PM caches]. Contact the owner and see if he/she would object to a non PM member logging them when accompanied by a PM.

A water-based series (although it's also accessible by foot) is the Chelmer Navigation series by Helen in Mustardland. A good start point is Paper Mill

Loads of caches along a beautiful navigable river.

You would have to keep mooring up though as you have to get out of the boat to actually find the caches. And to get around the locks..... although there's platforms to help with that as canoeists regularly use the river.

Here's a link to show you how pretty it is.

Edited by Jantaculum
Paul if the owner dose not object there is a way for Non PM's to log PM caches [without changing them to non PM caches]. Contact the owner and see if he/she would object to a non PM member logging them when accompanied by a PM.
Thanks Deceangi - I know about that backdoor and have used it in the past with the owners' blessing, when I've done a PM cache by accident while with a group of PM cachers. I politely asked, and as Jon has confirmed here, he politely said no. They're his caches, so it's his call. I'll still attend for the trip though, because (say it with me now!), "It's not about the numbers!" - anyway, should I ever become a PM or the caches become generally available, I'd log them online then.
There's 2 or 3 on the south coast - Portsmouth/Southampton area placed by Dysdera.

I am another member of the UK Team invited along for this event and we have done these two - without the use of boats. Thanks anyway, it is appreciated. It's exactly what we are looking for.