What can I hide for you today?

Here's the proposition. Let's say I was going to hide a cache for you. It is going to be a cache for you to find and enjoy. It will be dedicated to you. It will have your name, or least your caching name, in the cache's name. Every one that sees it will think of you.

Based on that what would you want me to hide?

What type of cache? Traditional, Multi, Puzzle.

What size would it be?

What type of container do you want me to hide?

What difficulty and terrain rating should I make it?

Where do I hide it? The woods, by the lake, in the city, in small park, out in the desert?

What kind of swag would you want in it?

Remember this cache will have your name on it. All the cachers that find it will think of you.

And no wise cracks about a vintage corvette for the FTF prize, or put it on Mt. Everest. Be honest. If I were to want to place a cache dedicated to you, what would you want me to hide for you?

A nice woodland 3 hour multi with Small containers as the stages and a .50 cal Ammo Box as the final. Keep the terrain under 4 and offer helpful hints. Give me parking coords. Fill the can up with new items from a dollar store. Make sure that the coords in the stages won't get soggy over time.

Oh wait. You don't have to do anything. I already hid it myself. But thanks anyway.

If You Place A Multicache Will They Come

It would have to be out on the high prairie of Wyoming - preferably above 7500 feet. On a semi rocky hilltop with a vast expanse of sky all around. A mountain or 2 in the distance. An eagle overhead. The wind a constant. An occasional Coyote and/or rabbit will drop by. The long grass and sagebrush will conceal it. Harsh cold winters, hot dry summers. Make it a brand new 50 cal ammo box. Fill it with old west art, cowboys, sunsets, mountains, vistas. About 1/2 mile from that dirt road that winds around the nearby hills and 5 or 6 miles from the nearest pavement. A lone worn pine tree nearby would be near perfection.

On April 1 2006 Quill and I attended a Foolapalooza Event cache in Bend Oregon. I "won" a highly decorated peanut butter jar that was donated and decorated by a cacher named Suzyfishin. The assignment was to hide it within 50 miles of Bend within 30 days. With this in mind, I hid it along the bank of the Little Deschutes river on the upstream side of a big log that extends several feet into the river. With the spring runoff several times the cache has been floating, but it can't escape downstream. Suzy hasn't come to find it yet, but quite a few others have. The only negative comments are regarding the mosquito population. So if you're traveling in Central Oregon check out Was Suzy Fishin' Here? (GCVPFZ) :laughing:

Tom Fuller

Crescent, OR

My idea of a great hide would consist of a few different attributes. How about a simple two stage puzzle type cache that the average joe can do!

Let's start out with some kind of puzzle to solve. The type where you have to use your brain, not something tedious or that is easy to look up on the net. Projection, measurement, geometry, stuff like that is always fun.

Solving the puzzle would take you to a challenging hide. I'm thinking a small waterproof container hidden in a lake or stream that just holds coordinates for the final stage. Make it to where it could be swam for without need of a boat and have it submerged in about 10 to 15 feet of water. Since a GPSr is not perfectly accurate, there would have to be some way of getting you close to this stage if the water wasn't clear. Maybe triangulation of trees on shore or some other kind of sign.

The coordinates from that 2nd stage would then have you traveling up a mountain, through the mud, and/or on a nice hike in the forest. It would bring you in from a direction that would prove to be a challenge, maybe an obstacle, gorge, or creek that you would have to figure out how to get by. The final itself would be a hidden regular size container near a beautiful place. Waterfall, mountain view, outcropping over a lake, etc,,,,.

an urban cache about the size of a 1l peanut butter jar well cammo'ed in an urban park where moms with strollers can quickly dash off the path to grab the cache.

prizes include toys for kids, stuffed animals, collectable coins, hand knit prizes, hand made stuff as well and tokens and for the ftf? a knitted shawl.

In your neck of the woods one in the bottom of an abandoned Missle Silo. An ammo can would work. Uranium Slugs for the initial contents. It should be ok to get to the cache but figuring out how do do that, get in the compound, get down the silo should be a challenge.

Ok maybe I just want to find that cache.

Maybe a Uranium cache coin instead of a slug.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Here's the proposition. Let's say I was going to hide a cache for you. It is going to be a cache for you to find and enjoy. It will be dedicated to you. It will have your name, or least your caching name, in the cache's name. Every one that sees it will think of you.

What type of cache? Puzzle (I like people to think)

What size would it be? Micro

What type of container do you want me to hide? Camoflaged Waterproof Matchbox

What difficulty and terrain rating should I make it? 4/3

Where do I hide it? Somehow incorporated into a mirror or reflective item (hence, egami)

What kind of swag would you want in it? Anything that'd fit...micro coin maybe.

Mine should be an ammo can, hidden a mile or so into a swamp, filled with odd little trinkets like those sold in the Target $1 isle. The difficulty/terrain should be about a 3/3, realistically, but since mine would also be a night cache, the D/T might go up. The swamp should be bristling with snakes, gators, wild hogs and anything else that goes "bump" in the night.

I'd have to say mine would be either a traditional or multi woodland cache at least one mile one way over gently rolling terrain, culminating in an ammo can hidden by a secluded waterfall or a stunning view of a lake. Swag doesn't matter because I do it for the hunt and rarely trade. Caches like that never fail to disappoint me.

What type of cache? Traditional, Multi, Puzzle. Traditional

What size would it be? Regular

What type of container do you want me to hide? .50 cal ammo can

What difficulty and terrain rating should I make it? 2.5 / 3.5

Where do I hide it? The woods, by the lake, in the city, in small park, out in the desert? Woods - preferably pine, cedar, redwood type of woods.

What kind of swag would you want in it? Mix of new, good, dollar store items and a few nice items - mostly adult-age oriented with some kid stuff mixed in. No stickers to get wet, no toy soldiers. Better items than that. Unactivated trackable coin for FTF - something classic like Kilted Cacher, Joe Frog, a Geo Bone, or Prairie Partners or maybe a N.U.T.S. coin.

Remember this cache will have your name on it. All the cachers that find it will think of you. This is a cache that I'd like to look for and find. Hopefully others would feel the same way about it.

And no wise cracks about a vintage corvette for the FTF prize, or put it on Mt. Everest. Be honest. If I were to want to place a cache dedicated to you, what would you want me to hide for you?

What type of cache? Traditional, Multi, Puzzle. Traditional

What size would it be? Regular

What type of container do you want me to hide? small ammo can

What difficulty and terrain rating should I make it? Easy to find at the end of a long hike -- 1.5/3.5

Where do I hide it? The woods, by the lake, in the city, in small park, out in the desert? Where there is an awesome view, like this cache. :o

What kind of swag would you want in it? Carabiners, I want carabiners, and little goofy plastic figures. . . . :o Like Thrak, I would love an unactivated Geocoin for FTF. :o

Remember this cache will have your name on it. All the cachers that find it will think of you.

That's what I would like, when will you have it ready . . . ? :o

Multi stage

At least one stage UNDERWATER! (Snorkeling debth)

Kayak needed for at least one other stage

All intermediate stages are small or regular size (or at least a larger micro)

All stages relatively difficult to find, but clever, some with decoys, ALL doable on first attempt

One stage involves ropes and pulleys

Final stage LARGE (so rare) and NIGHTTIME ONLY!!! (even more rare)

First, find a very busy parking lot. Busier the better.

Next, locate a light pole towards the middle of the lot. This is key. Not too close to the door, but conspicuous enough to require stealth.

Place micro container (magnetic key holder or film cannister) under the light pole's skirt. Make sure skirt slides up easily. No swag necessary.

What type of cache? Traditional

What size would it be? Large

What type of container do you want me to hide? Heavily camo'd 5 gallon Bucket with a screw on/off lid.

What difficulty and terrain rating should I make it? 2/3

Where do I hide it? The woods, by the lake, in the city, in small park, out in the desert? Hide it in a wooded area with a 1.5 mile or so hike along a trail that follows a year round flowing stream.

What kind of swag would you want in it? Fill it up with items from store (outdoor related)

Something with a terrain of 3-4, maybe involving an overnight trip. Rustic. A place to get the heart going. It would probably need to be a 3-4 stage multi, taking the seeker to places with great views, and a place to sit and contemplate. The northern Rockies would be good, or something like this: Pictured Rocks, or here: Tahquamenon Falls (ahh, Upper Michigan in the autumn!).

Put it in an ammo can or something, but, please, no micros! Something that would take me that long to find would, by necissity, need to have some fairly nice swag; not that I'm in it for the swag - I'd probably just sign the log. But you know, I wouldn't be the only one looking for this thing.

Based on that what would you want me to hide?---- A Geocache! :o

What type of cache?----Traditional or Multi- The Multi being 2-3 stages of clever hides in cool places whether its in a creek or a cool stump, or at a view...I like sneak trails!

What size would it be?----All stages would be big enough to trade in...Film cans are big enough, but small containers with cool swag would be the best! (as far as a Multi goes)

What type of container do you want me to hide?---Small Lock & Lock to a small Tupper would be ideal for at least 1 stage not being final (Just water and moisture tight) and then of course an Ammocan for the final!-The 50 Cal. Size!...all Camoed out! Labled a Geocache!

What difficulty and terrain rating should I make it?------ At least a 3.5 Terrain and a 3.5 Difficulty (not hard when your dealing with multis) or just a well hidden Ammocan (up in a tree with a rope Maybe...Branches hangin off it)

Where do I hide it?----- Definatley in the woods! a Lake Trail would be the best and if it involved a hike to the Top of a Mountain where you could get a view of the Lake or area....That would be KING! If there was Disc Golf course near by...This would be the Super Cache!

What kind of swag would you want in it?-----A Homemade FTF Prize or an Unactivated Geocoin as FTF.- Being its a 3.5 Terrain or Better...NO McToys! Skip the Dollar isle and head to the sporting goods! Grab a compass, some glowsticks, a little bottle of Bug Spray and maybe a GI Can opener.

Along with the cool stuff from the Sporting goods, grab a Disposable Camera and toss it in there. Now Search through your swag bag and grab some cool stuff...Patches, Pins, Misc Coins and a 2 Dollar Bill. I like Rocks so if ya got a crystal or somethin that would be cool too. Modified Toys are OK...Maybe holding the FTF prize or something else...Especially if there is a Geomark written on the Forehead or the Butt.

I would have to send a few Sig Stamped pennies for it and even some cool swag I speak of (Lake Co. Diamonds,MardiGras Coins and some stickers or somethin :o )

Make a geonote to throw in there if any muggles find it, and dont forget the Notebook Big enough for people to write their thoughts in!

Remember this cache will have your name on it. All the cachers that find it will think of you.----So in this case make it a learning experience too...Tell some history of the area or the surroundings that even the Locals will say.."Whoa...I didnt know that" and it will be a great cache!

Keep it stocked with cool swag and keep it out of the Poison Oak.............WHEN CAN I FIND IT? :o:o

Are ya actually gonna place a cache for someone?...Someone did for me a bit ago- Called it BigD's Dilemma...Oddly enough he got bit by a snake in the process!!! It wasnt poisoness and I was FTF so I left him a cool prize in there :o I hope hes not reading this cause he hasent went back to check on it yet...Its fairly remote-Theres 3 unfound caches close by...and it is by a lake!

I was honored!- He left a Unactivated TB and a Geocoin in there as prizes! I let my buddy have the TB and I left the Geocoin. Great Cache though...You think you can top it?:o:o

Edit because Dadfish is watching!!!!!... Hes the one who placed the cache for me!!!....Thanks Dadfish!

Edited by 007BigD