GEOCACHING MAGAZINE

Barely in time for the Holidays, check out the long awaited Geocacher Magazine!

The perfect gift for any caching enthusiast! Whether its for you or an addicted fellow cacher. Gift subscriptions available at 25% off!

View the online sample at: http://viewer.zmags.com/showmag.php?mid=prrpt

then go to http://www.geocachermagazine.com to subscribe!

Don't miss a single issue!

Happy Holidays from the Geomag staff!

P.S. Bare with us, the "Take A Peek" link to the digital sample will be active from our web page in the next few days; when our programmer gets back from Christmas caching with his kids.

You mean you want people to pay to read your on line magazine? Take it from someone that has a little experience in this department....It ain't gonna happen. Also, your "long awaited magazine" came out years ago.

El Diablo

I think its an actual printed mag. It just has an online sample.

Is that correct?

Either way...been there ...done that...bought a T-shirt. It ain't gonna happen.

El Diablo

The perfect gift for any caching enthusiast! Whether its for you or an addicted fellow cacher. Gift subscriptions available at 25% off!

then go to http://www.geocachermagazine.com to subscribe!

P.S. Bare with us, the "Take A Peek" link to the digital sample will be active from our web page in the next few days; when our programmer gets back from Christmas caching with his kids.

Umm, I saw lots of ads, big pictures and very little content of interest to me. :mmraspberry:

At $18 for 6 issues of what I saw in the sample..... your balloon is leaking. ;)

I'd be happy to invest a few bucks in a couple copies of the first issue, but beyond that it's wait and see. :(

Who is doing the writing?

What are their geo-handles?

How long have they been geocaching?

I'd love to throw my support behind a viable venture, but I ain't seein' viability here. :mmraspberry:

Can you provide more info for us hopeful skeptics? :P

My kids and I are TheFortuneFinders on gc.com. Cache On!

That makes more sense. The "Geo Mag" ID only has two finds (both social events) and I couldn't imagine someone with no actual caches logged trying to produce a caching mag. Your actual ID lets me get a better idea of who is making the publication.

Anyway...thanks, again, for the clarification.

:mmraspberry:

My kids and I are TheFortuneFinders on gc.com. Cache On!

That makes more sense. The "Geo Mag" ID only has two finds (both social events) and I couldn't imagine someone with no actual caches logged trying to produce a caching mag. Your actual ID lets me get a better idea of who is making the publication.

Anyway...thanks, again, for the clarification.

:)

So, is it just you that is writing the mag? :mmraspberry:

I can't help but notice that the two largest articles in your sample are of a personal nature: An under water cache that you are the last reported finder of and a story about a travel bug that belongs to you.... Where's the diversity? :(

Are there ANY other writers? Who are they? ;)

Can you shed some light on the diversity of content in your future issues? :P

Will you be selling single issues? :D I will certainly buy a couple copies of the first issue. :D

I seriously WANT to see a printed geocaching magazine succeed and as I've stated earlier in this thread, my spider sense of impending doom was not tingling.... ummm, until now.... :mmraspberry:

Just callin' it like I see it. I wish you the best of luck. :D

Like Snoogans, I'd like to know more about the magazine staff and future plans.

Getting an unsolicited email trying to sell me this magazine without any details isn't going to get me to purchase even a single copy until I know more.

The online preview looks nice, but I don't really see much original content in it. Lots of ads (which don't bother me too much because how else could a venture like this succeed) and information that has been available for a long time in lots of forms and locations and a couple of features.

The TOC looks like it has a few other interesting articles but unless someone I know buys this and lets me have a look at it, I'll have to wait and see what others say before I'd consider subscribing.

I can't help but notice that the two largest articles in your sample are of a personal nature: An under water cache that you are the last reported finder of and a story about a travel bug that belongs to you.... Where's the diversity? :mmraspberry:

I'm more then a little concerned that the author of the travel bug article (who is also the publisher) doesn't seem to know one of the basics of travel bugs; don't post pictures of the TB number.

Getting an unsolicited email trying to sell me this magazine without any details isn't going to get me to purchase even a single copy until I know more.

That and people are complaining they got spammed about the mag release. (Dave isn't the first one who's complained)

Edited by Mopar

The sample looks pretty good. On the positive side, I see ads which bode well for the future of the mag. Probably the biggest problem with Today's Cacher was generating revenue.

As far as the naysayers here, who cares who writes it? Who cares who is on the staff? If it's an interesting magazine that stuff is irrelevant to me.

Instead of putting it down based on a 6 page sample of a 60+ page issue, why not give it a chance? I really don't understand the antipathy.

I got the Email today, my first thought was great and I actually started to subscipe than on 2nd thought is this just some scam to get personal information or ID Theft and I backed down and came here to see if it was legit! Think I'll set and see what happens in here before I order up.

I can't help but notice that the two largest articles in your sample are of a personal nature: An under water cache that you are the last reported finder of and a story about a travel bug that belongs to you.... Where's the diversity? :mmraspberry:

I'm more then a little concerned that the author of the travel bug article (who is also the publisher) doesn't seem to know one of the basics of travel bugs; don't post pictures of the TB number.

That and people are complaining they got spammed about the mag release. (Dave isn't the first one who's complained)

I got the Email today, my first thought was great and I actually started to subscipe than on 2nd thought is this just some scam to get personal information or ID Theft and I backed down and came here to see if it was legit! Think I'll set and see what happens in here before I order up.

Hmmm just looked up the profile on TheFortuneFinders and I see just over 300 Finds and 5 hides and they are starting a Mag? Think I'll pass on this one. Sounds like Cache Fever

The sample looks pretty good. On the positive side, I see ads which bode well for the future of the mag. Probably the biggest problem with Today's Cacher was generating revenue.

As far as the naysayers here, who cares who writes it? Who cares who is on the staff? If it's an interesting magazine that stuff is irrelevant to me.

Instead of putting it down based on a 6 page sample of a 60+ page issue, why not give it a chance? I really don't understand the antipathy.

I have a personal creed. I never EVER support a company that spams. I know LOTS of people feel the same way.

They spammed everyone over the summer about this mag (see page 3 of this thread) and now they appear to be doing it again. Won't be getting any money from me.

I'm not a naysayer, at least I didn't mean to sound that way. I would really like for this to succeed.

However, if there are only one or two writers, I'm not interested. I don't think I would want to read a magazine more than once or twice that is written by just a few people because I don't think it would be interesting over the long haul for me personally. It would probably be focused on wherever they live and the caches there. I want variety in a magazine like this, that's why I want to know who the writers are/will be.

I'm not a naysayer, at least I didn't mean to sound that way. I would really like for this to succeed.

However, if there are only one or two writers, I'm not interested. I don't think I would want to read a magazine more than once or twice that is written by just a few people because I don't think it would be interesting over the long haul for me personally. It would probably be focused on wherever they live and the caches there. I want variety in a magazine like this, that's why I want to know who the writers are/will be.

I got the email today and so i went on here to check it out and i agree with you on this I need more variety as well in a magazine. Good idea to have a geocaching magazine but it needs to worth the read.

we"re lost

I believe the sample was between 15-18 pages or just under a third of the mag. Sorry, I wasn't impressed. The bar has already been set. :mmraspberry:

Could I have done so well. Heck NO, but then I have no desire to publish a magazine and get folks to want to subscribe to it. :P Someone else has already done better IMO and sadly, their effort failed... :)

What I desire as a consumer of this or any other attempt at a geocaching magazine is diversity and stories that consistantly hold my interest. I looked over the sample in magnifed mode twice a in unmagnified mode 3 or 4 times. :mmraspberry:

Sorry, I saw none of that in the sample pages. :(

As for antipathy, I believe the totality of my posting to this topic's many pages will show no such animal. I started to scold Jerry and stopped. He and TAR are just speaking from experience which may be of some help.

My experience also counts. I lost $30+ in subscription fees and received exactly ONE issue of TC in the mail.... I'm not bitter about that. Jerry & Company put forth a valient effort and turned out first class if narrow perspectived (IMO) magazine which I was happy to support. :D

I'm as yet to be convinced on this one though. Hopefully, I have been constrctive enough. :D

Nope. No antipathy here. Just hopeful optimism turned south at the first example and now I'm a hopeful skeptic. ;)

Edited by Snoogans

Question: Are people receiving these e-mails through the Geocaching.com e-mail facility? (That is, you got an e-mail with a subject line that says "[GEO] Geocacher Magazine contacting [Your Username] from Geocaching.com.")

I haven't gotten any though geocaching.com or myspace where I belong to Geocacher Magazine's MySpace Group. :mmraspberry:

Question: Are people receiving these e-mails through the Geocaching.com e-mail facility? (That is, you got an e-mail with a subject line that says "[GEO] Geocacher Magazine contacting [Your Username] from Geocaching.com.")

I haven't gotten any though geocaching.com or myspace where I belong to Geocacher Magazine's MySpace Group. :mmraspberry:

The question was for those that did get the email, not for those that didn't and therefore aren't able to provide an answer to the question that was asked.

Edited by Quiggle

Having had some time to contemplate the issue I want to suggest that everyone who wants to see a geocaching magazine work, those who supported Today's Cacher and those who supported my aborted effort with offers of help and actual submissions, try to give this guy a hand instead of casting doubt on the magazines future.

My feeling is that I want to see a geocaching magizine fly. I don't care who publishes it.

I think that if this guy gets a little traction his magazine may take off and do well.

Several people sent me articles I didn't use - why not submit them to this effort?

Others gave me supportive offers to submit content, give it to this effort instead.

No, he won't do everything right, won't please all of us, may make some mistakes, but if we want to see a geocaching magazine work let's try to help anyway.

I have serious doubts about the future of a start-up print magazine, it's just too expensive to produce, but I think he'll discover that soon enough and revert to an online magazine at far less production cost and therefore less subscription cost.

Regardless, we don't know what will happen if we support him. I will subscribe, send him some content and see what happens... we certainly know what will happen if a good number of us DON'T do that!

As for antipathy, I believe the totality of my posting to this topic's many pages will show no such animal. I started to scold Jerry and stopped. He and TAR are just speaking from experience which may be of some help.

My experience also counts. I lost $30+ in subscription fees and received exactly ONE issue of TC in the mail.... I'm not bitter about that. Jerry & Company put forth a valient effort and turned out first class if narrow perspectived (IMO) magazine which I was happy to support. :)

I'm as yet to be convinced on this one though. Hopefully, I have been constrctive enough. :rolleyes:

Nope. No antipathy here. Just hopeful optimism turned south at the first example and now I'm a hopeful skeptic. <_<

I realize my previous posts may seem negative towards a new magazine. I didn't mean it that way. I would love to see a magazine dedicated to caching. Especially one I don't have to worry about, or pay for.

My skepticism is based on my past experinces of running Today's Cacher. I know the cost of printing a 28 page magazine and distributing them. I printed two issues and will be paying for that venture for several more years. It's mind staggering for me to think of someone doing a 68 page magazine bi-monthly. My cost for a 28 page with mailing was about 6k. That was for 5,000 copies, about the minimum you can order.

Also Today's Cacher had a very large staff of dedicated people with unbeliveable contacts in the geocaching world. We struggled to put together an online edition once a month. I can't imagine trying to do that twice a month in print.

Also as a few have said, I don't think a magazine will survive if it's written by only a few people. Readers want diversity in articles. That's hard for just a few to maintain.

I also know if you don't have the full support of Groundspeak you will be in a up hill battle. Without Groundspeak as a sponser you'll never reach enough people to make it profitable. Like any other major business, their sponsership dosen't come cheap.

I saw lots of ads in the sample issue. If indeed those are paid ads, you might stand a chance for a little while. If you remember the first printed issue of Today's Cacher you saw a full page ad for Garmin, and one for Magellan. Just to give you an inside, those ads were free in hopes of doing future business. It didn't happen. They loved us for the free ad, but after that, they forgot who we were. Wouldn't even return a phone call or an email.

Antipathy...no. Doubtful...yes.

El Diablo

I haven't gotten any though geocaching.com or myspace where I belong to Geocacher Magazine's MySpace Group. :)

The question was for those that did get the email, not for those that didn't and therefore aren't able to provide an answer to the question that was asked.

I got the email, but it wasn't through geocaching, as it didn't have the [geo] tag. What I want to know, is how they got my email address? My email is not published anywhere online that it is visible, other than my profile page here at gc.com. My first reaction is that they screen scraped email addresses from the profiles at this site. I know I didn't sign up for any spam from them, and their email went right into the trash and spam filter.

I have a personal creed. I never EVER support a company that spams. I know LOTS of people feel the same way.

They spammed everyone over the summer about this mag (see page 3 of this thread) and now they appear to be doing it again. Won't be getting any money from me.

I agree.

nothing much wose then mass spamming. Great way to cross me off of the list.

Also - I am just a bit under impressed with the sample - too many ads and very little content in what I was seeing.

This is what my email said and how it was sent to me,,, i use yahoo as my geocaching local group email address, i do not use yahoo as my email address for geocaching.com /Groundspeak i use another one for that.

this is how it came in

Geocacher Magazine" <info@geocachermagazine.com>

The perfect gift for any caching enthusiast! Whether its for you or an addicted fellow cacher, subscribe today and give a gift subscription at 25% off!

then go to http://www.geocachermagazine.com and subscribe!

I got the email, but it wasn't through geocaching, as it didn't have the [geo] tag. What I want to know, is how they got my email address? My email is not published anywhere online that it is visible, other than my profile page here at gc.com. My first reaction is that they screen scraped email addresses from the profiles at this site. I know I didn't sign up for any spam from them, and their email went right into the trash and spam filter.

I never got any e-mail message about the magazine, either from GC.com or from anywhere else. This in spite of the fact that my personal e-mail address is listed in my profile. I learned about the new magazine from this message thread. For me this is evidence (not proof) that GC.com didn't provide Geocacher Magazine with e-mail addresses.

--Larry

I guess I was special...I got three copies of the same email we"re lost listed, sent to one of my regular email addresses (not one I give out to list serves). I certainly don't recall giving out my email address to anyone for notification, but hey, the last discussion of this was months ago.

I thought the preview was attractive, but nothing I didn't already know. Of course, there wasn't anything in-depth shown in the preview, so I might be underrating it. I might be interested in an online version --but I've decided to stop getting any new hard copy magazines. The few I subscribe to now are piled up waiting for me to read them "when I get a spare moment" (some of them are from last summer).

Still, I wish them luck.

I never got any e-mail message about the magazine, either from GC.com or from anywhere else. This in spite of the fact that my personal e-mail address is listed in my profile. I learned about the new magazine from this message thread. For me this is evidence (not proof) that GC.com didn't provide Geocacher Magazine with e-mail addresses.

--Larry

I was thinking more of scraping the profile pages, not coming from Groundspeak themselves.

--Larry

I was thinking more of scraping the profile pages, not coming from Groundspeak themselves.

My e-mail address apparently wasn't scraped, either, since the address I was referring to is displayed on my profile page, and I never got an e-mail from Geocacher Magazine.

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

It's mind staggering for me to think of someone doing a 68 page magazine bi-monthly. My cost for a 28 page with mailing was about 6k. That was for 5,000 copies, about the minimum you can order.

Also Today's Cacher had a very large staff of dedicated people with unbeliveable contacts in the geocaching world. We struggled to put together an online edition once a month. I can't imagine trying to do that twice a month in print.

bi-monthly can mean "once in every two months". Which would still be hard. Edited by AllenLacy

To all who've sent or shared well wishes and encouragement for the magazine;

Many Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

That said, you'd do well to start answering the questions being raised here - ticking off the readers in these forums isn't going to help your magazine any!

Merry Christmas!

And thank YOU for posting that. I sat on my hands to NOT post something to at effect.

It's a bit annoying to see an evasive post in the face of direct and honest questioning... :rolleyes: Especially since GM bumped the thread with a commercial post. :D

Having had some time to contemplate the issue I want to suggest that everyone who wants to see a geocaching magazine work, those who supported Today's Cacher and those who supported my aborted effort with offers of help and actual submissions, try to give this guy a hand instead of casting doubt on the magazines future.

My feeling is that I want to see a geocaching magizine fly. I don't care who publishes it.

I think that if this guy gets a little traction his magazine may take off and do well.

Several people sent me articles I didn't use - why not submit them to this effort?

Others gave me supportive offers to submit content, give it to this effort instead.

No, he won't do everything right, won't please all of us, may make some mistakes, but if we want to see a geocaching magazine work let's try to help anyway.

I have serious doubts about the future of a start-up print magazine, it's just too expensive to produce, but I think he'll discover that soon enough and revert to an online magazine at far less production cost and therefore less subscription cost.

Regardless, we don't know what will happen if we support him. I will subscribe, send him some content and see what happens... we certainly know what will happen if a good number of us DON'T do that!

Sorry TAR. I see my admittedly tenative support slipping away until GM comes forth with some answers to the questions posed here. :D

I will still buy a couple copies of the first issue if it is offered as a single. ;) That's all the blind support I can offer at present. :huh:

Edited by Snoogans

The new posting in this forum was to let anyone interested know that Geocacher Magazine is now available.

As to the various questions and comments, I'm happy to respond where prudent;

Emails (spam): I posted notifications in many areas including Facebook, Yahoo, Xanga, MySpace, etc ... Many, if not all, of these venues have email notification options. Yahoo's reads as follows:

Send Me Individual Email

The option to choose if you want to get each group message and special notice individually and

immediately, as it is posted.

I myself received 3 copies of the original email because I have chosen to be notified of new postings in various geocaching online groups. I do not send spam and have not "scraped" (if that was the word) or purchased email lists from Groundspeak or any other source.

Print -vs- online: Geocacher Magazine is a subscription-only, non-distributed, print media publication. (Non-distributed meaning no retail supermarkets, bookstores, etc...). In today's world of high-tech, digital web-press printing, the costs really are not as bad as in the past. That said, it is still my hope that advertising will cover the bulk of the operating costs so the subscription rates can remain minimal. The magazine will be a bi-monthly (every 2 months) publication, for now and the foreseeable future.

As to those involved, I'm sure this is a question that can never be adequately answered to everyone's satisfaction. My writers and contributors range from professional industry experts to retired hobbyists and from the newest geocachers to the most experienced. As for content, the Table of Contents of the sample issue should be self-explainitory but I'm always open to new ideas. As I previously mentioned, my initial inspiration for this venture was watching my son's excitement at receiving his Boy Scout magazine, (that's also why the kid's/puzzle page was created). It's relevant to an activity he enjoys, its content is kid-safe, (as is that of Geocacher Magazine), and the subscription was reasonably priced. None of my decision to subscribe to the scouting mag was based on who the writers were, their scouting experience, etc...

*As an ironic side-note, most of the people associated with running the national scouting association and the local council offices, were never scouts themselves. (For those who care, I am a local ScoutMaster and Eagle Scout - but that's a whole other topic).

So ... I hope that answers many of your questions - As it is Christmas Eve and I have a great many "some assembly required" instructions to get through, I will again bid you all a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy 2008!

Cache On!

-MJ / GeoMag

Edited by Geocacher Magazine

The new posting in this forum was to let anyone interested know that Geocacher Magazine is now available.

Yes, well we're informed now. ;)

However, this is a discussion forum and many of us wish to discuss what you will be providing for our $18 investment in your product. :D Ummm, since YOU brought it up. We can't very well discuss it if you don't particpate.... Until a forum poster gets their hands on a copy. :D

I really hope your mag becomes successful. I KNOW the funds available in this market would support a printed magazine if it were done right. :D

As to those involved, I'm sure this is a question that can never be adequately answered to everyone's satisfaction.

Who needs to please everyone? :DSome answers are better than none at all. :rolleyes::huh:

My writers and contributors range from professional industry experts to retired hobbyists and from the newest geocachers to the most experienced.

Maybe some of them will post here and join the discussion. :D;)

As I previously mentioned, my initial inspiration for this venture was watching my son's excitement at receiving his Boy Scout magazine, (that's also why the kid's/puzzle page was created). It's relevant to an activity he enjoys, its content is kid-safe, (as is that of Geocacher Magazine), and the subscription was reasonably priced. None of my decision to subscribe to the scouting mag was based on who the writers were, their scouting experience, etc...

Ahhh, sentimentality..... :)

Of course that's why I want a copy of your first issue. To preserve a bit of geocaching history.... In mylar.... Like I did with the ONLY two issues of Today's Cacher. :)

You are making a huge mistake, in my opinion, if you think geocaching is as kid based as scouting. Go to a few more events and you'll see the trend. Sure, kids are most welcome, but this game's base is very adult. I've yet to attend an event where the kids even numbered 25% of the people there.

If you're saying that your geocaching publication is a kid's mag, I'm certainly not interested beyond the first issue. :D

I don't claim to know the rules of business, but I'm sure a couple of them are: "Know your market" and "Cater to your market."

I'm just sayin'..... :)

"Kid-safe" doesn't always mean it is "geared towards kids". It simply means, if kids DO pick it up and read it, there is very little chance of them seeing something considered objectionable. (I say "very little chance" knowing full well there are as many different ideas as to what is "acceptable" as there are cachers out there.)

Anyway, I listen to various radio stations on the way to work and back and one of the programs always taunts itself as "kid-safe" although it is full of content geared for adults. The content just happens to "safe" in case your kid is listening. I don't want to open up a can of worms about ambiguous levels of "what's right for so-and-so's kid," but I think making a concerted effort to make a caching magazine "kid-safe" is well-worth the time.

Just for the record, I think it has been established through various online forum polls that the majority of cachers (at least those who visit the forums) are in their 30's and 40's. And I still like the idea of a "kid-safe" magazine.

Kid-safe" doesn't always mean it is "geared towards kids". It simply means, if kids DO pick it up and read it, there is very little chance of them seeing something considered objectionable. (I say "very little chance" knowing full well there are as many different ideas as to what is "acceptable" as there are cachers out there.)

Does that mean that there will be no Cachemate of the Month centerfolds in this magazine? :rolleyes:

Kid-safe" doesn't always mean it is "geared towards kids". It simply means, if kids DO pick it up and read it, there is very little chance of them seeing something considered objectionable. (I say "very little chance" knowing full well there are as many different ideas as to what is "acceptable" as there are cachers out there.)

Does that mean that there will be no Cachemate of the Month centerfolds in this magazine? ;)

Not in this one, but I think you just gave me a great idea for new caching calendar.

Now if I can just get permission to use the geocaching.com logo.

:rolleyes:

Emails (spam): I posted notifications in many areas including Facebook, Yahoo, Xanga, MySpace, etc ... Many, if not all, of these venues have email notification options. Yahoo's reads as follows: ...

That's funny, I don't recall ever signing up for these services or asking for notifications on any geocaching online group other than a few Yahoo groups and yet I received 2 emails. I have a yahoo account but the emails I received did not go to that account. So I'm still wondering how I got not one but two.

While I don't care specifically who the writers are, I do care to know if I'm going to be reading material written by someone with another, perhaps commercial motive (sell me something or make me visit somewhere...aka "professional industry experts"?). And if mostly geocachers will be the writers, I want to know if they will be a diverse group. Not only in geocaching experience but diversity in their location, tools used, etc. Since it doesn't appear as if we are going to be told that (maybe not even in the magazine itself) I'll be doing the wait and see thing.

I do hope the magazine succeeds but so far I haven't been convinced to purchase a subscription. Like Snoogans, I'd buy a single copy if that were available and base my decision on the real deal instead of the sneak peek. The TOC does have some interesting items in it.

I would much prefer an online version to a printed version. Seems to me it would be less expensive and much more flexible. Having a pdf download/print for those who want it in print form might work, at least that would be more than good enough for me. Anyway, I guess I'll just keep listening until I hear more details from the source or from someone who gets the mag and gives us more info.

Edited by nittany dave

I am very excited about this new magazine. For someone who has only been in the geocaching world for the past year (our anniversary is tomorrow). I still find myself lost at times. I'd love to see reviews on all the different types of geocaching products - from GPSr and Palm Pilots to Hiking Boots and Bug Spray. :D When I find a new geocaching friend, those are usually the questions I ask them - what products they use.

I get a few magazines in the mail and I don't look at who the editors or article writers are, I think there's been alot of discussion around who the writers are, etc. For me, that doesn't really matter. I would just love an inprint magazine (even a newsletter would do) that is focusing on this topic. I don't get alot of time to read full length books anymore but I do love to pick up a magazine and read an article or two while eating breakfast or lying in bed.

I don't mean to be the "spelling police" or anything of that sort...

Of course you do. You did. At no small effort.

Yes, some spelling and grammar might be corrected, but this is for cachers by cachers, not an erudite publication for academia. Most articles will go out as the author wrote them.

Well, in that case, I wouldn't have any interest... I can see it now, a publication full of urban speak and poor English.

BTW, R U cashing 2nite? :unsure::ph34r:

Not to be a fly in the ointment but...

Why should a geocacher buy a magazine when there are internet forums like this one?

Most geocachers would not read a magazine with weeks-old articles when up-to-date information can be easily found on sites like Groundspeak.

Edited by rlridgeway

I don't mean to be the "spelling police" or anything of that sort...

Of course you do. You did. At no small effort.

Yes, some spelling and grammar might be corrected, but this is for cachers by cachers, not an erudite publication for academia. Most articles will go out as the author wrote them.

Well, in that case, I wouldn't have any interest... I can see it now, a publication full of urban speak and poor English.

BTW, R U cashing 2nite? :unsure::ph34r:

Same here. Checking spelling and grammar only takes a second and should be required of anyone writing for a professional publication.