Several City Navigator 8 Questions

I'm looking to purchase City Navigator 8 for my new 60CSx and have a couple of questions:

Should I get NT, or the standard (non-NT)? Are both compatable? Why one or the other?

Additionally: Does anyone know of any good, reputable dealers of this software where I can get it for less than the $140 that Garmin offers?

I already have a non-ultra 2GB microSD card on its way to me (ordered from Amazon) so should I get the DVD version? Is there any advantage to buying the DVD version over the one already pre-loaded on a MicroSD card?

Thanks for reading/replying

From Garmin:

"City Navigator NT data is identical to the content on existing City Navigator products, so you can still literally travel to a new city, look up your hotel, restaurants, and other services and use your compatible Garmin GPS to guide you there without stopping for directions. City Navigator NT includes the same fully routable detailed maps.

"Since NT data is compressed differently than our other products, it can only be used with compatible Garmin devices. Some versions of City Navigator NT, such as North America and Europe, include traffic data that allows certain units to use traffic receivers."

One other difference is the size of the downloadable segments. NT downloads in larger map segments. How much? I don't recall; someone posted details on this in another thread.

I prefer the DVD over the preloaded chip; you'll be paying too much for their card. And I believe their card is 1gb, which may not have enough room to store your POIs and tracks and what have not.

I buy from either off-route.com or Amazon, whoever has the best deal at the time.

I'm looking to purchase City Navigator 8 for my new 60CSx and have a couple of questions:

Should I get NT, or the standard (non-NT)? Are both compatable? Why one or the other?

Additionally: Does anyone know of any good, reputable dealers of this software where I can get it for less than the $140 that Garmin offers?

I already have a non-ultra 2GB microSD card on its way to me (ordered from Amazon) so should I get the DVD version? Is there any advantage to buying the DVD version over the one already pre-loaded on a MicroSD card?

Thanks for reading/replying

I didn't even know that the software was available on an SD card when I purchased the DVD last month, but I would have chosen the DVD anyway. I love my memory cards, but I feel safer with my expensive software on read-only DVD media.

I do have a question about the streets that seem to missing from the application, considering the April 2006 release date, but I'm posting that question on the forum next. Overall, I'm really enjoying the software on my 76CSx.

I didn't get a big break on the MSRP, but I was able to buy it immediately from my local West Marine for $129. With over 400 West Marines in the nation, you probably have one near you, too.

www.westmarine.com

:P