"Map IT" feature

WNCMtnman

I have tried searching for caches using a zip code. The page will load showing caches. In the top right corner there is an icon that reads "Map It". When I click on the icon a map of the area will load and I get a message that caches are loading. Caches never appear either on the map or to the right of map. I have used this feature in the past with no problem. I have been experiencing this problem for the last two days. Please help.

I guess I should have made it clear that I was speaking of using the Geocaching.com site.

Edited by WNCMtnman

Never had a problem before, but today the "view Map" link from a cache page leads to an error with the map server message. From there I can't get to google maps, either. If I click the "map it" link from a search results page, I can get the google map, but this is an extra step from what I'm used to.

Are the GC maps down for everyone?

Never had a problem before, but today the "view Map" link from a cache page leads to an error with the map server message. From there I can't get to google maps, either. If I click the "map it" link from a search results page, I can get the google map, but this is an extra step from what I'm used to.

Are the GC maps down for everyone?

I haven't been able to pull one up either. I get the message "There was an error with the map server" where the map showing the caches should be.

I hope it's being worked on -- I miss it! As a workaround, you can cut/paste the coordinates in Google maps, but it's a little more work than normal.

Why would you "cut/paste" rather than clicking on what's already provided -- the Google Maps link or the Geocaching.com Google Maps link (which shows nearby caches)?

I hope it's being worked on -- I miss it! As a workaround, you can cut/paste the coordinates in Google maps, but it's a little more work than normal.

Why would you "cut/paste" rather than clicking on what's already provided -- the Google Maps link or the Geocaching.com Google Maps link (which shows nearby caches)?

Because it isn't working. That is the whole point of this thread.

I haven't been able to see maps for about a week - can I assume this problem is being worked on?

This is a reply to my post: The maps feature and all other features are working great for me since last Wednesday's computer update. If a member survey was to be made today, on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the best), I would rate the site an 11-12. I appreciate all the behind the scenes work that goes on.

I haven't been able to see maps for about a week - can I assume this problem is being worked on?

This is a reply to my post: The maps feature and all other features are working great for me since last Wednesday's computer update. If a member survey was to be made today, on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the best), I would rate the site an 11-12. I appreciate all the behind the scenes work that goes on.