Friendship Run Coins

glennk721

Hello all. Well we all read the many threads about coins gone missing from caches. I still want to share my coins. And with my new safer approch, I feel I will have a better sucess rate, as well it will enable me to share my coins with the world.

In addition by using this method I and possibly you could let free coins that in the past you would not have concidered. I have activated 5 Compass Rose coins for a very specail mission , and this is just a start <_<

Traveling Roses

I have more to acxtivate and will join these missions.

The coins are released with a mission of friendship. Being mailed to all parts of the country and world,

This is the mission on each coin I am releasing in this fastion::

Current GOAL: Friendship Run !! It must be passed hand to hand from Cacher to Cacher in its travels. bringing friends together : - ) Photos of travels for this log would be great. Make sure you add me to your watch list so you can follow my travels !

About this item:

Please dip it in the next cache you go to for miles only then retrieve, and keep on it's way.. Never leave me in a cache. This means "YOU" are the travel buddy.

Then pass me to another friend, and so on !

It's wonderfull for people to discover me along the way. But it must be in person, To share the beauty of this coin, and the joys of friendship !

If at any point you feel that this coin can not be passed along , please drop me a email and I will pay it's postage home. Thanks for respecting my coin and it's travels. One last thing , I don't care to visit Events. Only friends alone the caching path, or over morning coffee.

I want people to share the beauty of a coin, Hold it awhile , let it be discovered by all who touch it, hold it foldle it, Then pass it off to a trusted friend to do the same , and so on. Only being dipped into a cache along the way to track miles.

I am able to have people share my coins, folks discover them along the way and help keep my coin safe from muggles. Give to the geo-comunity, and have the pleasure of reading the logs of there travels.

These friendship run coins are to be passed hand to hand, cacher to cacher to bring together friends , enjoy the beauty of life and friendships and the beauty of the coin they get to hold, discover over a morning coffee and be shared by many . I hope many enjoy my coins. Fondly, Glenn

One may come to your town soon ! <_<

And I will continue to set coins free as well into caches. :D

Edited by glennk721

Yeah, I have a travel bug that is special to me, and it's goal is to visit certain people. It's not something that I want to worry about losing someday in a cache, so I ask the people to exchange the tb from hand to hand, or even mail. Then as the people go to events or caches, they log the bug into caches. I don't have to worry about it disapearing, and it gets to travel all around the country/world!

Great idea Glenn. I may borrow it as I am one of those who sees a coin thief lurking behind every cache listing whether it's a subscribers-only cache or not. Instead of releasing them I've taken to giving some coins away instead and let someone else worry about the lurkers. <_<<_<

Great idea Glenn. I may borrow it as I am one of those who sees a coin thief lurking behind every cache listing whether it's a subscribers-only cache or not. Instead of releasing them I've taken to giving some coins away instead and let someone else worry about the lurkers. <_<<_<

Please do !! You will find yourself releasing a coin you would have never dreamed of doing :D

Hand to hand passes are great. I feel that this is a good idea and no coins should go missing. Good for you Glenn.

Thank you. And I hope it's good for you as well <_< There may be a chance a coin will go lost, but this changes the odds dramticaly. Post up your progress <_<

Great idea, I'v been doing someting very similar for a while myself <_<<_<

I call them PASS FORWARD COINS, they are all World Traveler coins and they are doing fine.

Here's an exemple for a couple .

PASS FORWARD IN CANADA (TB13E2V)

PASS FORWARD IN SOUTH AFRICA (TB13KKD)

One is on it's way to the US.

I'm having a lot of fun with this and they never get muggled.

Glad you found a way to share your coins Glen, for me there is nothing like finding one in a cache or reading the log of someone who found one of mine, but this is certainly a whole heck of a lot better than copies or not releasing them at all. I hope they have long and exciting journeys!

I've been handed, and handed off in return, quite a few coins like this. I love seeing them, and seeing the people who've enjoyed them before me! It IS fun to find them in a cache, but it has to be a special cache to have a coin left in it and have it actually BE there for the next seeker, unfortunately! :laughing:

Happy Trails!

Candy

Greetings. I am starting to send coins out this way for several reasons. They will bring friends together to share the beauty of a coin, and friendship. Also these coins have no holes drilled in them , just a nice paper insert with the mission at hand.

The true benefit as well is the ability to release a coin that most certinaly would not last in the wild. The Compass Roses are highly sort after, and this will give them a very good chance to travel to be enjoyied by many with less to no fears of going lost.

I will not release a copy of a coin only the real thing. And this is a solution for people to apreciate coins that are usualy found in a collection not the wild.

I want these coins to be held touched, removed from the plastic pouch and enjoyed !

In referance to the event note HB is correct, many a coins entered into a event never make it back out. I may think of verbage that will allow travels to events in the future, perhaps to , not place the coin physicaly into the event "page" but perhaps to be held in a pocket, to be taken out to be shared, and then held onto by the person that brought it there. Will think on that possibility

For the moment I will leave them as is and concider this possible change. I have hopes that many people may enjoy a coin that they would never get to see in the wild traveling.

If you would like to help move my "special travelers" Drop me a email, perhaps one will come your way :laughing:

I will continue to place travelers out to caches . Just more generic coins. Cheers, Glenn

EDIT to add, Compass Rose coins will not be the only travelers in this method, other coins that are sort after, and seldom seen in the wild will be sent out to travel this way as well :grin:

Edited by glennk721

If this is the future of coins I guess I will never see a coin in the wild again. In 6 years of caching we have only run into maybe 10 cachers. Nor do we have the kind of schedule to meet at caching get-to-gethers. Right now I have in my possession a TB that is on this order, you have to place it at another cachers house. Every cacher I do know has already had it. Kind of stuck with it now.

In the mission statment for my coins. I have placed a note that if the coin could not be passed along, I would pay it's postage home :laughing: In fact In some cases I would not even mind paying it's postage onward to a new cacher. There are many options to be explored.

It's not the future of coins in general, just a twist on the method of of travel.

PS That travel bug you are holding I'm sure someone would move it for you if you could not. I would be willing to drop it in a FLA cache, depending on the owners mission.

Opps, It can be mailed to my house, and I could mail it to someone elses. with the owners permission. :grin:

Glenn

Edited by glennk721

Glenn, I'd be interested in 'moving on' one of your coins for you. And it would rack up some miles in the process just getting here.

Greets, That would be just great ! Please email me through my profile and provide me with your shipping addy, and will send a traveling coin to you. I would be honored to have a Friendship Run traveler there :grin:

EDIT:: This will make 2 of them Check with your buddie Mark :huh: He should have a package soon too :laughing:

Miles are not as important as smiles. :grin: I have not dipped any coins before they have left me. The journey starts with you .

Glenn

Edited by glennk721

Love this idea Glenn, but noticed the note against trading at events. Is it ok to do a subtle keep-it-quiet hand off? I can sometimes see another cacher 3 weekends in a row and then not see anyone for 3 months :o

Greets Chris. Yes there are always exceptions. The coin that is now in the posession of 007BigD started at a small meet and greet event as he was attending the day he took posession of the coin. I asked him to please just keep in his posession safe and sound, and then hand off to another trusted caching friend. That being said would you like to recieve a Friendship Run coin ?

Glenn

:o

YEP! It is a great idea Glenn! Looks like im your first guinea pig -eh?

I got one of Glenns Friendship runs just the other day and off to an event to share it with all on the very first day!

I kept it safe with me and let it go around the small group allowing everyone to view it. I even dipped it into a cache just before the event!

Cant go wrong giving it to a cacher buddy you trust and asking them to do the same!...The only problem was, as noted already that I dont see too many cachers out there unless I attend an event. I have only met one group of 2 cachers on the trail, so I dont know too any cachers otherwise, unless I have introduced them to the sport...Then they dont know anyone except me!

So I have picked my next Friendship run reciever and will hand it off at the Event in 2 weeks (Not leaving at the table, but handing it to them with instruction in person) In the mean time I gotta dip it a few times and take some cool pics!

I will be watching this one, just to see where it goes!...So far...SAFE AND SOUND GLENN! I dont have a compass rose yet so am enjoying it while I can!

I brought this idea up a couple times and am glad someone took it to the next level. Way to go Glenn. I was run out of the cache only thread when I mentioned it and ironically enough the person who ran me off there just HAD to inject their cache only view here. Curious. Looks like the idea is being warmly received so maybe I will follow your lead down the road when I am better able too. Puts the tracking back into the trackable as someone should know who they passed the coin off too should it come up missing.

I would like to thank everyone for all of the positive notes on this concept ! It may not be perfect, But it surely will get more coins in circulation for many to enjoy ! And I will have many great logs to read from those who have a chance to appreciate my travelers.

Jay, I can see where this would not fit in a cache only thread, This is a NON-Cache traveling coin-cept :o

Team Webguy, Please give me a chance to play catch up, I would love a Friendship Run coin traveling in Australia.

Glenn

Jay, I can see where this would not fit in a cache only thread, This is a NON-Cache traveling coin-cept :o

No doubt Glenn :o I can see that also about the cache only thread. I was out of place so I left. I am just amused that the individual that ran me off there came here to express their cache only view. :o In any case now I have a thread to post it in so as I stated in that thread:

I would kind of like to see the opposite. A coin that never sees a can and is only passed hand to hand (face to face) during a trail encounters, events, etc. so the coin is always in someone possession at all times and not just sitting in a can for days/ weeks/ months at a time. I would think this might also reduce the amount of coin disappearances also.

Notice I said "reduce" not "eliminate" and I do think it would greatly reduce the disappearence of coins because in theory it should be easier to trace back a coin to the point it disappeared if people hand off the coin to someone they know. I also thought that having a special coin made with the intent of hand to hand transfers would be very kewl also.

Maybe shaped like a football or something. Just a thought.

I really hope this idea takes off as I believe it woudl get many more coins out for others to enjoy.

Jay, I am trying to avoid this thread from becoming a place to raise old hard feelings. Please lets not go there It's a light hearted thread with efforts to give to the community coins that will hopefully stay in circulation for a long time to come for many to enjoy

Sadly many go missing, I hope these fair well :o

If somone produces a Friendship Run Coin. I get dibs on a few coins :o

This seems like a great idea. I have a few coins that I activated but am afraid to release because I don’t want them stolen like my dad’s 2006 Compass Rose Gold Geocoin. But this here is a great idea. I wouldn’t mind being part or starting another one with one of my geocoins.

Jay, I am trying to avoid this thread from becoming a place to raise old hard feelings. Please lets not go there It's a light hearted thread with efforts to give to the community coins that will hopefully stay in circulation for a long time to come for many to enjoy

Sadly many go missing, I hope these fair well :o

If somone produces a Friendship Run Coin. I get dibs on a few coins :o

I have no hard feelings Glenn just making an observation is all but I will drop the whole previous thread issue at your request. Obviously, I too hope this idea does well. As for a coin . . . well we will see I guess :o

Geosmurfz, I would encourage anyone who wanted to do this to follow through :o I don't own this idea and or privlage to do this only :o The more the merrier. This means more coins for all to share , to have a method to share those special coins in fear of muggles.

I would state, don't forget about the caches with more generic coins. There are many way to play this game/sport that we enjoy. Feel free to post your coins here that you may do this with It will be fun to add to my watch list and see their travels !

chaosmanor, Email me your addy, I will start a Friendship Run coin in California for all to enjoy as well :o

It will be after Team Webguy's international coin though.

I have allotted a certain amount of travelers to start this Friendship Run. Be on the lookout for another traveler thread. This one will be cache coin related and need your help :o

I think it's a great idea and would be happy to start any coins off on an Aussie adventure, by all means, feel free to pm or email me if you would like to have your coins moving around Australia. I already do this for a few people. Cheers

If someone pays I could shoot over the 'ditch' and hand one off to you :o

Hey GlennK721, I've moved a few of your coins on that have made their way here, so how about I send you a coin that can start its friendship travels over in the US? :o

Hello, yes you sure have and thank you ! : - ) , If you care to send one fantastic ! My problem is I am not networked with my locals, But I would gladly except it, Enjoy it for a spell, And then mail it off to another coin friend to continue it's journy . Lovely jesture, Glenn

Is it going to be a Friendship Run Coin :o

darn typos LOL

Edited by glennk721

Love this idea Glenn, but noticed the note against trading at events. Is it ok to do a subtle keep-it-quiet hand off? I can sometimes see another cacher 3 weekends in a row and then not see anyone for 3 months :o

Greets Chris. Yes there are always exceptions. The coin that is now in the posession of 007BigD started at a small meet and greet event as he was attending the day he took posession of the coin. I asked him to please just keep in his posession safe and sound, and then hand off to another trusted caching friend. That being said would you like to recieve a Friendship Run coin ?

Glenn

:o

Sure, I'd be happy to help one of your coins move on to one of our local cachers. Tell you what, I'll activate one and send it your way to move on randomly, too. I think it's a great idea and I'd feel better about activating some of the more rare coins this way to travel. :o

Sure, I'd be happy to help one of your coins move on to one of our local cachers. Tell you what, I'll activate one and send it your way to move on randomly, too. I think it's a great idea and I'd feel better about activating some of the more rare coins this way to travel. :wub:

Great Chris , And thanks will ready a Friendship Run coin for you as well . Yes a more comfortable way to release some special coins to travel :drama:

We also have one special coin incoming from Cheesy pigs, A XLE Koala Bear traveling all the way from Australia, Have to find some Eucalyptus for this furry fellow after his long trip to the states :sad: After spending a bit of time with family and I , has a brief rest, I'm sure he will want to visit other states :sad:

Friendship Run Koala

Glenn