GPSMapEdit

ok ive been trying to open this thing for months but cant do it. every time i try to open it it trys opening the zip file with mapsoarce along with anything else i download off line. so my question is how do i stop everything that i download from using mapsoarce to open it. its really pissing me off. if anyone even has a clue on how to stop this i will be so greatful.

You need to change the file associations on your computer. Somehow whatever files your are talking about got associated (their extension. The part after the ".") with MapSource.

Or right click on the file you are talking about, click on "Open With ...", select the application you want, and check the "Always use this program" box.

Yeah, I would just ask what is the name (including the extension) of the file you are clicking on?

As Red90 stated, an exe file should just execute (run) by itself. If something else is happening, the file might be messed up.

If the file is a zip file as you alluded to in your initial post, you would need to download a file to unzip it. Something like WinZip. Just make sure you download a version that is compatible with Win98.

You would run the unzipping program, open the file you are looking at, and upzip it. Then you would be able to run the program.