Importing Waypoints

Maybe I need to have a nap or something but I just can't seem to figure this out: After 7 years of GPSing, I have quite a database of waypoints. I've spent a couple of days going through them, renaming, changing icons etc. and now have several files that I want to combine so I can upload into the GPSr (76CSX). Even with Ozi, G7toWin, ExpertGPS, and of course that pitiful excuse for proprietary software - Mapsource, I cannot figure out how to import or append waypoints. What am I missing?

A data cable? <_<

What error messages are you getting?

I had been using 60cs with no problems, but when I connected my new Venture Cx, EasyGPS wouldn't work and MapSource couldn't find the grmnusb.sys driver. So, I downloaded the newest version of EasyGPS and added the Cx into the preferences folder. Then, MapSource gave me an error message it couldn't find the driver. It was in the Garmin folder but it couldn't read it for whatever reason, so I simply told it where to go. Everything works find now - knock on wood...

I think what you are saying is that you want all the Waypoints in the various files to be in a single file. Correct?

Just open all the multiple instances of MapSource. (You can have more than one open at the same time.)

Select the Waypoints you want to copy (highlight them in the Waypoints tab).

Right click and select copy.

Go to the MapSource file where you want them to be and right click and select Paste.

Repeat as needed.

Maybe I need to have a nap or something but I just can't seem to figure this out: After 7 years of GPSing, I have quite a database of waypoints. I've spent a couple of days going through them, renaming, changing icons etc. and now have several files that I want to combine so I can upload into the GPSr (76CSX). Even with Ozi, G7toWin, ExpertGPS, and of course that pitiful excuse for proprietary software - Mapsource, I cannot figure out how to import or append waypoints. What am I missing?

Have you tried GSAK yet? You don't say what file type the waypoints are in. If they are .GPX files, then GSAK would be my choice.

You can find it here: GSAK

Good luck!

Don't know why you're having problems with MapSource.

1. Open Waypoint file, select points required using usual Shift to select range and/or Ctrl to add when clicking, right click any selected and click Copy.

2. Click File, New, right click and click Paste. Save "Transfer" file.

3. Open another Waypoint file, select and copy as above. Open "Transfer" file, right click and Paste.

4. Click File, Save. Back to 3 for more Waypoints.

I think what you are saying is that you want all the Waypoints in the various files to be in a single file. Correct?

Just open all the multiple instances of MapSource. (You can have more than one open at the same time.)

Select the Waypoints you want to copy (highlight them in the Waypoints tab).

Right click and select copy.

Go to the MapSource file where you want them to be and right click and select Paste.

Repeat as needed.

Thanks-Duh!! You think a former computer business owner could have figured that out!