Garmin TOPO Map GB V2 Help

I wonder if any one can help me.

I want to download way points onto my PC straight into Garmin TOPO Map GB V2 straight from my email pocket query or website.

I thought this would be simple but at present I have to download them into a free blank map programme I downloaded then individualy copy them onto TOPO, or I send them from the free programme to my GPS Garmin map 60csc then back again onto TOPO.

Surely it is possible to send them straight to TOPO but I cannot do it. Please could any one help me.

I just want to have them all simply loaded on TOPO so I can print maps off before setting out.

You can download a GPX/LOC file from you pocket query directly into MapSource. Make sure it's unzipped / extracted if it came to you as a ZIP file.

Open MapSource, select Topo from the dropdown map list and then select Open from the File menu. Find your GPX file and click on Open.... The waypoints will appear on the map. It just worked for me!!!

Edited by Pharisee

I wonder if any one can help me.

I want to download way points onto my PC straight into Garmin TOPO Map GB V2 straight from my email pocket query or website.

I thought this would be simple but at present I have to download them into a free blank map programme I downloaded then individualy copy them onto TOPO, or I send them from the free programme to my GPS Garmin map 60csc then back again onto TOPO.

Surely it is possible to send them straight to TOPO but I cannot do it. Please could any one help me.

I just want to have them all simply loaded on TOPO so I can print maps off before setting out.

With your Garmin you should have had some software included called Mapsource (indeed, you will be using it otherwise you won't be managing your maps! Duh me! <_< ) Anyhow.... if you click File, Open, and point it at the GPX file you want to import (your pocket query that you mention) and click OK... Viola! You have waypoints on Mapsource that you can import into your Garmin and look at on the maps.

Hope this helps.

Scott