Custom Icons:60 & 76

Finally figured out how to use X Image, POI Loader etc to create custom Icons and POIs. One thing I still haven't figured out yet however is how to use the built in icons for my own POIs. For example, I am using G7towin to download all my 'events' (waypoints without names or details) and convert them to a CSV file and then upload them to the Garmin. I know how to use my own BMP image from icons i have d/l 'ed from others etc. but how can I use an icon that is built into the GPSr itself. Is there a way to transfer all the icons to the computer? Actually, I would REALLY prefer a image set of tha actual icons built into the unit but I haven't been able to find a list on-line. any thoughts?

The only way that I can think of (this is the way I'd do it) is to use xImage to grab a screenshot of the desired built-in waypoint icon, paste it into the Windows Paint program and create a .bmp file of it. Name the .bmp file the same as the POI database you want associated with the icon, put the two files into the proper folder and send to the memory using POILoader.

Edited by Neo_Geo