QUICK MacCMConvert Question

Got a Mac a couple weeks ago. Love it. I've read a bundle of threads on Mac Caching. No problem. I figured out how to get my GPS and Palm to see everything.

Just a question about MacCMConvert. On my old PC I was using Swiss Army to transfer files to my Palm. It had a filter where it would decrypt the hints for me, so if I got stuck I didn't have to spend 10 minutes working it out. I don't see anything like that in MCMConvert. Am I missing it or does it just not exist?

MacCMConvert won't decode hints. It puts the whole log into CacheMate. In cachemate, just go to the hints tab, and click decode to see the decoded hint.

What mac did you get? As you can see in my sig, I got a Mac Pro last August and just love it.

one thing mac users can do ( i am a mac user myself) is use parallels for geocaching. Just boot up into windows using parallels and you have all the software you need at your fingertips.

Well, it isn't that simple. First off, that requires the purchase of Parallells (I choose to boot into Windows for free). Second, it requires a purchase of Windows XP or Vista. I use XP Pro. Third, exactly what software do you need Windows for of which there isn't a Mac equivelent? I am actually curious. One thing I may be using Windows for is loading maps onto my GPSr. But I am wondering if there is anything else you use.