There's a Black Sheep in the Family!

Moosiegirl

So here's the story --

Whether it is real or perceived, the Texas Geocachers seem to have a ... ahem, shall we call it ... a problem with authority. Seems someone from Texas is always shooting their mouth off and getting banned from the website, or breaking the rules about caches, or being accused of cheating on ''numbers,'' or grousing about the plight of virtual caches, or getting banned from the forums, or moaning about the plight of locationless caches, or ... well, you get my drift, right? I have wanted for some time to do a special project and use part of the proceeds to benefit Texas Geocaching Association, and I FINALLY HAD THE IDEA! Since we are the ''black sheep'' of the geocaching family, I decided we should be LOUD AND PROUD about it! So, here it is ...

THE TXGA BLACK SHEEP COIN!

Stats: the sheep is 2" long and has a nice heft to it.

Shiny Gold

shinygold.jpg

Antique Gold

antiquegold.jpg

Shiny Silver

shinysilver.jpg

Antique Silver

antiquesilver.jpg

Reverse

reverse.jpg

Doesn't he just look like he's out to cause mayhem, with that evil smile and the spiked collar with the bison tube hanging from it?? He's a tough one to take pictures of, but my wonderful artist friend Chris Rake has done an admirable job of it!

NOTES: The shiny gold sample was made with imitation hard enamel. It will be produced with soft enamel and will have the ''textured curls'' you see on the others. Also, these sample coins are pretty lightly antiqued; please realize that the antique finish will change based on who does that job. To tell you the truth, I don't know for sure which is the antique silver picture and which is the shiny ... but I CAN tell them apart in person.

There will also be a LE black nickel coin, available only through special trades or as gifts from myself or my arteest helpers, Barb Jernigan (Tygress) and Chris Rake. It will be made with imitation hard enamel and the lettering/etching on back will be filled with white/gold. If you have something nifty to trade, let us know.

BTW, did you notice the coin is SIGNED? The only two coins I've ever seen with the artist's signature are this one, and a Memorial Coin for a Real Texas Cowboy (which Barb also designed). I think artists should sign their work and be acknowledged for their skill!

The order has been sent to the factory, and my fingers are crossed that I'll be able to deliver many of them at GW5. I'm processing pre-orders right now with the intent of delivering / mailing them by the end of this month. I hope you like it!!!

Coins are $10US plus S&H. S&H is estimated to be $1.50 or less per coin in US/Canada - actual cost of supplies and postage. May be more for international orders, but I won't pad it.

To order, email candylind@gmail.com with the following info:

Geo-handle

Name

Mailing Address

City

State

Zip

PayPal address for invoicing

Qty Shiny Gold [ ]

Qty Antique Gold [ ]

Qty Shiny Silver [ ]

Qty Antique Silver [ ]

I will be attending GW5 [ ] yes [ ] no

I'm going to GW5 but mail it, anyway [ ]

Not going, just mail it [ ]

(just copy/paste these lines into your email and place 'x' in appropriate boxes.)

Happy Trails!

Edited by Moosiegirl

Any trades??

Sure, eventually, but I want to get the ordering out of the way first. I conceived this project to raise funds to donate to TXGA, so I want to concentrate on that before I start trading.

Happy Trails!

Can you please add me to the trade list?

When I saw the shiny gold pictured in immitation hard enamel, I was immediately impressed!!! That shiny gold with the flat black immitation hard enamel really rocks!!! Too bad it's not available. If you ever produce any in immitation hard enemel, please let me know. <_<

In the meantime, email sent. <_<

I like the coin and will definatley get one! But dont you think it should better represent the Original Texas Black Sheep!

moe-bush.gif

OH wait...Thats not Caching related! If he was a cacher I would muggle his caches!- <_<<_<

Sorry couldnt help myself here...You walked right into this one! :D:D ....Nice coin though!

I plan on getting one of these coins cause if nothing else I feel like I am a black sheep with the terracaching site. They have kicked me off the site where I can't get in due to being dropped by a sponser (cause he got dropped by a sponser), and not noticing quick enough to pick up another. Since then been having a hard time getting back to the site, therefore I must be a terracaching black sheep, even though I am listed in the top 10 in the country. <_< So next time I see ya Moosiegirl, I buy one from ya.

Coupla questions I forgot to ask. How many coins in each finish are being made and who is minting them for you?

Shiny nickel 130

Shiny Gold 130

Antique Silver 100

Antique Gold 100

I didn't know the thickness before, it's 3mm. Like I said, nice heft!

Chris (Rake, bless his heart!) is using BonJet.

For all of you who liked the hard enamel gold, I'm keeping note of all that, and if I have enough sales, I will order some in other forms requested.

Approx. 50% of the profits of this coin will be donated to the Texas Geocaching Association for operating expenses and special event subsidy. Coin codes will be obtained on the TXGA website.

Did I forget anything else? Oh, someone asked when I expect them in hand ... I have high hopes that I will indeed be able to deliver a bunch at GW5, and as soon as possible after that I will mail the rest. I would say I should be able to get them out by month-end. I can do a lot of prep before I leave and I'll have two days to get them out after I get home.

Candy

I like the coin and will definatley get one! But dont you think it should better represent the Original Texas Black Sheep!

moe-bush.gif

OH wait...Thats not Caching related! If he was a cacher I would muggle his caches!- :laughing::grin:

Sorry couldnt help myself here...You walked right into this one! :huh::huh: ....Nice coin though!

But he DOES have one! Right here in Central Texas. I think you'll like it. :D:P:grin:

But he DOES have one! Right here in Central Texas. I think you'll like it. :grin::grin::D

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME! Is that fer real? Kinda looks like it is! Boy do I have some swag for that cache!!!! I dont know if I would muggle it or fill it with my opinion!

Pretty funny pics on the 2nd finders!...are they rating the cache or the cache owner :laughing::huh:

I should be in texas within 24 hours...to get my FTM!!! :huh::P -JK...I do have some stuff for it though! I think I will send one of these coins with the mission to reach this cache!!!!!

Are these shipping yet for those of us that couldnt attend GW5?

Jayman11

WHOOPS! Snoogans was still signed in to my computer!

That was ME who tried to post that reply. Snoogans used my laptop while we were on our trip, and somehow he got logged off of the geocaching site but not the forums! LOL

The shipments will be later than I anticipated because I was unable to get the invoices out before GW5. I have been trying to send them out today but PayPal has a server down so I've been unsuccessful. As soon as invoices are out and I start to get payments back, I'll start shipping (which means this coming Monday, most likely).

For those of you who've ordered, if you haven't received an invoice by Sunday noon, please let me know so I can check my records! If you have NOT ordered, you still can; I have some of each metal left. I will be listing them on cointracking dot com soon and doing a couple of other things to market them, so get in line while they are still available!

Happy Trails,

Candy

Are these shipping yet for those of us that couldnt attend GW5?

Jayman11

WHOOPS! Snoogans was still signed in to my computer!

That was ME who tried to post that reply. Snoogans used my laptop while we were on our trip, and somehow he got logged off of the geocaching site but not the forums! LOL

The shipments will be later than I anticipated because I was unable to get the invoices out before GW5. I have been trying to send them out today but PayPal has a server down so I've been unsuccessful. As soon as invoices are out and I start to get payments back, I'll start shipping (which means this coming Monday, most likely).

For those of you who've ordered, if you haven't received an invoice by Sunday noon, please let me know so I can check my records! If you have NOT ordered, you still can; I have some of each metal left. I will be listing them on cointracking dot com soon and doing a couple of other things to market them, so get in line while they are still available!

Happy Trails,

Candy

No invoice yet. Here's a copy of my order:

Qty Shiny Gold [1]

Qty Antique Gold [1]

Qty Shiny Silver [1]

Qty Antique Silver [1]

I neglected one VERY IMPORTANT thing regarding the coins, and that is where to get the activation code! For those of you who bought coins at GW5, go to:

http://www.txga.net/coins/activate/

THE PAGE DOES NOT YET MENTION THE BLACK SHEEP, but I have been assured that the activation codes are in the database.

I'll insert something in the shipments so you won't have to come back here to look it up, those of you who have ordered.

Please check with me candylind AT gmail DOT com if you haven't received an invoice ... I have all but a few with technical difficulties issued. I've been checking my spam filters, but I could have missed something!

Coins are still available if you missed these first time around. I'll also consider trades.

Thanks, and Happy Trails!

Candy