GSAK

Excuse my GSAK ignorance, it is such a complex bit of kit (although easy to use in basic mode) I am only getting to grips with it over time. Just what is the getmail facility?

Basically you set up a seperate email account, a lot of people use gmail for this function. What GSAK does is search your inbox for pocket queries and will automatically add them to your database.

Edited by wizard1974uk

Apart from checking your settings (port #, pop server etc) did you try the manual download from your email account as suggested?

Another thing to try might be a restore a database set from a back up .. you do Backup on a regular basis don't you?? :D:P This would reset your settings if you couldn't remember them. (Last resort??)

Socket Error tends to be a connection problem, ie if your internet connection has died, or if your firewall is blocking the program.

It was the firewall - which is weird because it was working before I downloaded the latest update..... :huh:

Thanks for all the suggestions tho'

Nick

This is a common problem when you update a program. Even though you may have authorized GSAK Internet access in the past, many Firewalls (software based mainly) see the update as a completely new program and therefor you must again grant it access to the Internet.

Excuse my GSAK ignorance, it is such a complex bit of kit (although easy to use in basic mode) I am only getting to grips with it over time. Just what is the getmail facility?

Basically you set up a seperate email account, a lot of people use gmail for this function. What GSAK does is search your inbox for pocket queries and will automatically add them to your database.

Have used GSAK for 680 odd days and never knew this function existed...amazing! I wonder what else it can do, does it make coffee? :o

Have used GSAK for 680 odd days and never knew this function existed...amazing! I wonder what else it can do, does it make coffee? :ph34r:

Probably

Every time I think - I wonder if..... it turns out yes!!

Now was that a latte or a capuchino?