Garmin Support

Last week I had a 2.5 year old Garmin GPSmap 60CS with faulty buttons. Phoned up Garmin support, was told it might be up to £89 for a repair, but they'd phone me when they received it to let me know. Sent it off last week and waited. Started to get a bit twitchy by today when I hadn't heard from them - I had sent it Special Del, so I knew it had got there. Came home today to a delivery. Brand spanking new 60CSx, no charge! Really pleased, as I know the new Sirf chips are so much better, after I went from a Forerunner 201 to 205.

Went out for a quick celebratory cache & dash to test it - works a treat. Thank you Garmin! :P

Julie

I am almost hoping that mine breaks now ... would love a shiny new one.

:huh:

Watch what you wish for!

I sent back a monochrome Vista last week (faulty screen, occasionally working click-stick and loose rubber) and have just had to pay £73.81 to get it repaired. :( Fair enough I suppose, but how do they decide which ones to charge and which need paying for? Is it just cos I'm really good looking :(

I really don't know why I got a new one back with no charge - there was no explanation, just a summary sheet of what the fault was and the fact that a new unit was shipped to me. The only other time I sent something back (a nadgered Forerunner), they replaced that FOC too - but with the same model, and it was only a month old.

Julie

Some may know my GPS60 'drowned' a few weeks ago...here. What I though was a scratch on the glass must have been a crack. I called Garmin and they said they would repair if for £40 odd (Fair enough as it's nearly 3 years old). Sent it off Monday and today received a brand spanking new one, apparently 'repaired under warranty'.

Top marks to Garmin! :)

Jon

I am almost hoping that mine breaks now ... would love a shiny new one.

<_<

Watch what you wish for!

I sent back a monochrome Vista last week (faulty screen, occasionally working click-stick and loose rubber) and have just had to pay £73.81 to get it repaired. :) Fair enough I suppose, but how do they decide which ones to charge and which need paying for? Is it just cos I'm really good looking :laughing:

Sadly that was my experience last year also with a mono Vista and the same defects but I was only charged around £35 as far as I can remember. But I did get a new one though still the same model.