Disneyworld Caches

My family and I are going on a Disney cruise in July. Before that we are going to be staying at one of their resorts. I have a Geocoin that I would like to drop off while I am down there, but we are not renting a car so I have no way of traveling outside the park. So far on geocaching.com I have only found virtual caches. I suspect because of sercurity issues, they may be the only kind to be found. Does anyone know of any traditional caches anywhere in WDW? If not would any locals or maybe even a Disney cast member be willing to take it off my hands and drop it off for me?

Edited by SUV2003

My family and I are going on a Disney cruise in July. Before that we are going to be staying at one of their resorts. I have a Geocoin that I would like to drop off while I am down there, but we are not renting a car so I have no way of traveling outside the park. So far on geocaching.com I have only found virtual caches. I suspect because of sercurity issues, they may be the only kind to be found. Does anyone know of any traditional caches anywhere in WDW? If not would any locals or maybe even a Disney cast member be willing to take it off my hands and drop it off for me?

I'm fairly certain from what I have read, that no traditional caches are allowed in Disney.

Correct, only virtuals exist on Disney World property. There were a handful of traditional caches at one point several years ago, but Disney security found one and thought it was a bomb, so they had all physical caches removed. Your best bet for non-virtuals would be the 4 or 5 in Celebration, southeast of Disney. But as you said you have no car so that will be a mighty long walk.

Keep in mind there are three caches on Castaway Cay. From what I recall reading, they weren't all that easy to retrieve with Disney CM's watching everywhere. Plus I wouldn't recommend leaving a geocoin there, as I suspect it would be very likely to be grabbed, but never logged out.

Edit: I take too long to type. sbell111 beat me to it.

Edited by Rayman

Correct, only virtuals exist on Disney World property. There were a handful of traditional caches at one point several years ago, but Disney security found one and thought it was a bomb, so they had all physical caches removed. Your best bet for non-virtuals would be the 4 or 5 in Celebration, southeast of Disney. But as you said you have no car so that will be a mighty long walk.

Keep in mind there are three caches on Castaway Cay. From what I recall reading, they weren't all that easy to retrieve with Disney CM's watching everywhere. Plus I wouldn't recommend leaving a geocoin there, as I suspect it would be very likely to be grabbed, but never logged out.

Edit: I take too long to type. sbell111 beat me to it.

There are trackables in those caches, for what it's worth. I don't know whether any have gone missing in the past.

Kissemee has some great ones that are a blast.