Who Dunnit?

Shop99er

oh, what a great way to wind down the night, reading and looking at all the great pictures, love the dogs, always knew they could talk :D Congrats,

Gee, we sure have a lot of barb wire and goat fences in south Texas.... :laughing:

O.k., I've lived in Texas all my life, and I don't know what Goat Fence is!! Obviously, I haven't been around goats!!! lol

I received one of these jewels in the mail several days ago.

It was our average January day...8° , no sun, windy, & a few flurries. The usual mad dash out to the mailbox resulted in a day in which the coin made up for lack of sunshine.

Thanks to Wildcat Kelly for the great surprise. :unsure:

My appreciation for all the "mystery" geocoins out there runs deep.

bgf

Congrats bluegillfisherman!

Glad to see thse beauties are still spreading their sunshine. Still wishing for a Don't Fence Me In coin here in Somerset PA where it's a whopping 5 degrees today. Tomorrow morning it is supposed to be 0 degrees outside when the girls need to go to school. We could use a little sunshine :unsure:

...Anthus

I received one of these jewels in the mail several days ago.

It was our average January day...8° , no sun, windy, & a few flurries. The usual mad dash out to the mailbox resulted in a day in which the coin made up for lack of sunshine.

Thanks to Wildcat Kelly for the great surprise. :unsure:

My appreciation for all the "mystery" geocoins out there runs deep.

bgf

Congrats indeed BlueGill!!! That is one Mystery coin to appreciate too!! :blink:

What number did you get?

I'm tellin' ya, there just ain't no feelin' like comin' in from a long day in the mines to find a padded mailer with your own return address on it. :D:D

'Course, the Mrs REALLY wanted to know why Wild Cat Kelly has moved in with us... and where she's been hiding! :)

I (lookin' as innocent as possible) let her read the letter attached to the coolest coin and tried (in vain?) to convince her that Kelly is as much a guy's name as it is a gal's. :D

Don't know how much of that she bought...

THANK YOU WILD CAT KELLY-DON'T-FENCE-ME-IN!!!!

You've again delivered some "KICK-BUTT, DO-UNTO-OTHERS KINDA SWAG"

and in doing so, you've sure brightened my day!! B)B)B)

Very Cool!!! Trust me, I know exactly how you feel!!!! :D Its one of those coins you never expected to get and then you see the self addressed mailer and think...Huh? :D With still no expectations of Wild Cat Kelly with all the other mystery coins....Then you tear into the mailer and BAM-Holy Smokes...What did I do to deserve this???? :D

Congrats Derchlings- You just got fenced! :)

Just for Mrs. Derschling...

Wild Cat Kelly, lookin' mighty pale,

Standin' by the sheriff's side;

When that sheriff said

"I'm takin' you to jail,"

Wild Cat raised his head and cried:

Oh, give me land, lots of land

Under starry skies above,

Don't fence me in.

Let me ride through the wild open

spaces that I love,

Don't fence me in.

I want to be by myself in the evening breeze-

Listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees,

Send me off forever, but I ask you please,

Don't fence me in.

Just turn me loose,

And let me wander over yonder

Where the purple mountains rise.

On my cayuse,

And let me straddle my old saddle

Underneath the western skies.

I want to ride to the range

Where the west commences,

Howl at the moon till I lose my senses,

I won't look at hobbles and I can't stand fences,

Don't fence me in.

I just love this coin! I've admired it from afar and never expected to see it on my doorstep.

And then like 007BigD says, "BAM-Holy Smokes...What did I do to deserve this????"

A mailer from Wild Cat Kelly arrived on Thursday. Inside was the nicest note and this beautiful coin. :)

You mystery folks are something else! I hope you realize just how much your kind words and special geocoins mean! This gesture took me totally by surprise, and I am still in awe!

This is, indeed, a great community of people we have here, and this coin will always remind me of that. The note from Wild Cat Kelly is safely tucked away, and now Don't-Fence-Me-In #14 is proudly displayed with coins from treasured friends.

:lol: Thank you, Wild Cat Kelly! :)

Starry Skies to You!

I was floored tonight to find not one but 2 of these AWESOME coins in my mail...a wonderful end to an "interesting" day (read my post in the Mailbox thread). I am honered with such an awesome gift, THANK-YOU!!

The message you wrote me really humbled me, it is I who admire you, my friends! THANK-YOU for YOUR caring contributions to the forums, and for the joy you've brought me, to several very deserving souls and to all who read this thread!!

I would be honored to keep the first one (not sure which metal as yet, I love them both) THANK-YOU!! I will use your second coin as a prize for our event, I feel this is the best way to carry forward your giving spirit!

Well done Wildcat Kelly, well done!!

A blushing Rockin Roddy

I was floored tonight to find not one but 2 of these AWESOME coins in my mail...a wonderful end to an "interesting" day (read my post in the Mailbox thread). I am honered with such an awesome gift, THANK-YOU!!

The message you wrote me really humbled me, it is I who admire you, my friends! THANK-YOU for YOUR caring contributions to the forums, and for the joy you've brought me, to several very deserving souls and to all who read this thread!!

I would be honored to keep the first one (not sure which metal as yet, I love them both) THANK-YOU!! I will use your second coin as a prize for our event, I feel this is the best way to carry forward your giving spirit!

Well done Wildcat Kelly, well done!!

A blushing Rockin Roddy

Oh, how awesome! You are such a deserving person, Roddy. And I know whoever gets the other coin at the Event will feel just as rewarded!

Was running about the house today trying to keep up with the early fatherhood and the mail man stopped by. He asked my how come I get so many packages in the mail, and I mentioned to him it's my birthday almost everyday! :) Well, today I received an extra special present. A Don't Fence me In coin with a really nice note of congratulations. :) It really brightened my day. Thank you so very much.

Mark

Avroair

My Husband brought the mail in and handed me an envelope. I saw the return address was my own and got all giddy! He looked at me like I was crazy. I couldn't wait to find the scissors so I just swiped that package open with a steak knife. LOL!

And what a awesome coin was inside! With the sweetest note! I really appreciated the sentiment.

Sometimes I think if you if you fence me in, at least the area where I lose stuff would be smaller! Not that it helps, cuz I put this sweet thing down and it took me 10 minutes to find it! :) Now it is safe and sound.

Thanks again, It was a really very unexpected and nice suprise.

My Husband brought the mail in and handed me an envelope. I saw the return address was my own and got all giddy! He looked at me like I was crazy. I couldn't wait to find the scissors so I just swiped that package open with a steak knife. LOL!

And what a awesome coin was inside! With the sweetest note! I really appreciated the sentiment.

Sometimes I think if you if you fence me in, at least the area where I lose stuff would be smaller! Not that it helps, cuz I put this sweet thing down and it took me 10 minutes to find it! :D Now it is safe and sound.

Thanks again, It was a really very unexpected and nice suprise.

Congrats, Mama Cache. You do so much for the geocaching community in Texas! You deserve a Mystery Coin like this! But, IF YOU LOSE IT AGAIN, I'm gonna come find it, and add it to MY collection! lol I'm glad you got such a gift!

Truly Unpleasant again..... I am Truly verklempt at such a gesture. Thank you again. And thank you for the kind remarks on my knees. :lol:

TUMS

This coin looks absolutly amazing is there anyway i can get my hands on one?

Well, it appears that having cute knees helps..... :lol:

I wonder how one can acquire "cute" knees :huh: ( I want some)

This is a really cool coin--Congratulations to all who have found one!

I doubt that I will receive one as I don't have cute knees especially after my recent knee surgery--at least it seems recent! LOL

Thanks for your generosity and another postive thread to follow!

I knew if I was ever to receive one of these coins I would really have to work for it as my knees are NOT cute at all!! Near the end of the Lazy Hayes Days Event this past weekend I put in an extra push on one of the games and surprisingly I won it. The prize was a BN Don't Fence Me In coin!!! I had never seen one of them before. It is a really awesome coin!!! Thank you so much Wildcat Kelly for the donation to the event!

Truly Unpleasant again..... I am Truly verklempt at such a gesture. Thank you again. And thank you for the kind remarks on my knees. :lol:

TUMS

This coin looks absolutly amazing is there anyway i can get my hands on one?

Well, it appears that having cute knees helps..... :lol:

I wonder how one can acquire "cute" knees :huh: ( I want some)

This is a really cool coin--Congratulations to all who have found one!

I doubt that I will receive one as I don't have cute knees especially after my recent knee surgery--at least it seems recent! LOL

Thanks for your generosity and another postive thread to follow!

I knew if I was ever to receive one of these coins I would really have to work for it as my knees are NOT cute at all!! Near the end of the Lazy Hayes Days Event this past weekend I put in an extra push on one of the games and surprisingly I won it. The prize was a BN Don't Fence Me In coin!!! I had never seen one of them before. It is a really awesome coin!!! Thank you so much Wildcat Kelly for the donation to the event!

Bev showed me the coin and it is very Beautiful coin. Congrads Bev you deserve it. See you next time at a event in Michigan. We got home safe from th elong drive, but always worth it.

Valarie and Barry

sweetlife

don't-fence-me-in must know the easter bunny! Whilst attending Moneydorks Massive Easter Egg Hunt event near remote Spring Junction I was lucky enough to find one of these beautiful geocoins. I drew my piece of paper out of the hat to get the co-ordinates of my Easter Egg and off hunting we went. Through some long, wet grass across the river flats to the fault wall my GPS was telling me. Searching around the back of the wall, there it was! A beautiful, Nickel, Don't Fence Me In geocoin! WOW!! Thank you very much don't-fence-me-in or the easter bunny, or both. Thank you!!

Howdy !!

We purty much been busy with out dawgies of late but when we passed through Providence Utah t'other day we just could not resist leaving a coin at the Forgotten Corral.

Now ordnairly we be tellin the cache owner we been by and we did, but seeins how they taint been on this here site since long about July we figgered that we oughta let coiners know we dropped one of our coins.

It's a tricky little cache but not so much ya cant figger it out purt near right away.

Starry Skies,

Wild Cat Kelly

Howdy !!

We purty much been busy with out dawgies of late but when we passed through Providence Utah t'other day we just could not resist leaving a coin at the Forgotten Corral.

Now ordnairly we be tellin the cache owner we been by and we did, but seeins how they taint been on this here site since long about July we figgered that we oughta let coiners know we dropped one of our coins.

It's a tricky little cache but not so much ya cant figger it out purt near right away.

Starry Skies,

Wild Cat Kelly

To bad we just cant just jump in the trail blazer and head over there right now. Nice to see you in the forumns Wild Cat Kelly

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Someone somewhere knows I needed a pick me up. I have spent the last 3 months working two ER jobs in Texas and just got home to WYOMING yesterday. Long drive! I had not even time to cache while I was in Texas because I worked six days a week, 12 hours a day. Besides, it was too darn hot to cache there y'all.

I got this little email...and I had the biggest grin on my face. I have a pile of bubble mailers to sort through as Fireboy just threw them all into a box while I was gone. He does not really do the coin thing. So this morning when he got out of bed I had to ask him where the box-o- coins was. I dug though looking for a bubble mailer with no return address. EUREKA!

What a beautiful coin! :)

What really pulled on my heartstrings is the note included in the package. I don't know how to reply to such kind words. Thank you for thinking me worthy of this wonderful gift. I am reminded constantly of the generosity of the people in the coin world. I am honored to be a thought of as a member!.

Thank you Wild Cat Kelly. You made my world nicer today!

Jodi

edit - because I can't spell

Edited by Team FIREBOY

Been a long while

But we are back with style

Leavin' gifts in caches again

And in mail boxes of tin

We have a few coins left to gift

So through recommendations we shift

There's folks who inspire us to grin

Or to sing "Don't Fence Me In".

--- Wild Cat Kelly ---

just for sharing - "movin' the herd." shot this a couple of years ago. came around a bend in the road and there they were, real cowboys driving the cattle down to lower pastures. it was a wonderful sight.

3372322172_ec0af2d2f3_o.jpg