Changing Waypoint Codes from 7 to 6 digits

Good day geocachers of the world!

My Garmin Foretrex101 has a 6-digit waypoint name field, a field which now has difficulty posting new 7-digit (GCXXXXX) waypoint codes. I thought this would be no problem until I went out caching for two caches near each other that had the same waypont code except the last digit - One of the caches didn't show up on my GPS as the last digit of both caches was truncated, and my receiver thought I was downloading the same cache twice, leaving one of them out...

What I'd like to do is send the waypoints from Gsak, sending only the last 6 (or even 5) significant digits. The "G" and the "C" are totally useless to me.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers!

Happy caching.

Just remember with the %drop2 code, if you load child waypoints (parking coords). it'll drop the PK from the parking coord name and the GC from the cache waypont name, and then the cache and the parking waypoint have the same name. I've been using %drop2 and not loading child waypoints on my foretrex because of this. If anyone has a way around this, I'd love to hear it!

Just remember with the %drop2 code, if you load child waypoints (parking coords). it'll drop the PK from the parking coord name and the GC from the cache waypont name, and then the cache and the parking waypoint have the same name. I've been using %drop2 and not loading child waypoints on my foretrex because of this. If anyone has a way around this, I'd love to hear it!

If you GPSr will only hold 6 characters for the waypoint name then the recommended special tags (to also include child waypoints) would be:

%drop2 %children $drop2%c_Code1

In my case I never use child waypoints - those would just clutter up my 1 square-inch Foretrex screen. It's hard enough to read when I'm barreling down on my bicycle at 30 mph down a fire road. But the extra tips are good to know anyways.

Thanks all.