Saskatchewan's Geocoin

parker2

Well, after a bit of hard work, The Saskatchewan Geocaching Association is proud to announce that the presale of our coin will begin within a few weeks. Below is the image of our final coin design. Once the presale begins, I will repost to this thread for the final costs and ordering methods. There will be a LE version, but The counts are not final, nor are the 2 finishes.

We will have to run a presale as our group has little funding.

parker2

Saskatchewan Geocaching Association

http://www.skgeocaching.com/

skcoin.jpg

There is a teensie weensie typo in the population. Last I checked they were under 10 million :cool:

The wife is from Regina, and my Dad from Swift Current. Having lived my first 27 years in Canada, I find myself disturbed by the area being listed in square miles. I know, I know, your coin, your choice, I'm just nudging you towards metric, or if you are really targeting the buyers south of 49, do a metric LE :cool:

Edited by fehrgo

There is a teensie weensie typo in the population. Last I checked they were under 10 million :cool:

The wife is from Regina, and my Dad from Swift Current. Having lived my first 27 years in Canada, I find myself disturbed by the area being listed in square miles. I know, I know, your coin, your choice, I'm just nudging you towards metric, or if you are really targeting the buyers south of 49, do a metric LE :cool:

LOL Thanks for catching the typo..... I wonder how many of the ones below the 49th would of noticed that.... better yet.... there are some north of the 49th, East of 106 and West of 54, that missed it! :huh:

Thanks again!

I didn't actually read all the different things on the coin, but now that I do I have to agree that it should be in square kilometers. We've used kilometers for over 30 years. All of our road signs and all of our vehicles are calibrated in kms. Why use miles? Every progressive nation on earth uses the metric system! :cool:

Hello everyone.

Below is a picture of the final product.

SK-GC-Gold.jpg

As before, the coin is 50mm x 28mm x 20mm and will fit right beside the NorMan (Manitoba) coin. :) This will be a good start at a project mentioned a year ago to have all the Prov. groups make a coin that could be put together to make the outline of Canada.

The coin will be available in 2 finishes - Gold / Silver

The total production run will consist of 125 Gold & 175 Silver for a total of 300 coins produced.

All coins will be trackable on geocaching.com and will have a custom icon.

The gold (Special Edition) coins can only be purchased at a 1 to 1 ratio with the silver.

Price: $10.00 CDN + S&H (+pst in Sask)

Billing and shipping will start once the coins arrive from the mint sometime between July 12 - 16th. All sales will be handled through Northbound Trading Co. and will be listed there for sale once the coins arrive.

At this time, there are only about 120 coins still available. We are still taking pre-orders. You can either post the number of coins wanted here, or send an email to my profile.

parker2

As fate would have it, I started planning for the Norman coin which led into discussions from the designers of the sask coin into making them so they would be easy to match up to each other.

At first I wanted to place magnets into the norman coin so the sask coin could be mated, but allas the costs where too prohibative.

I have no doubt these coins by themselves will be something nice (speaking as the owner of many Norman coins of course) and seeing the initial design of the sask coins makes me think together they will only flatter each other.

So I have ordered 2 LE's, and 2 silvers, along with several deals pending from these coins.

Can't wait...nice to see em in production.