A Question About Waypoints

I've got a question for the experts out there. I've been using my Etrex Venture CX since December. I use it for a lot of things such as exercise (walking), trip planning, geocaching, and golf. One of the first things I did with it was to mark a waypoint at the center of each green on the course that I am a member at. I then created a route to hole 1, hole 2, hole 3, etc.

One of the guys at the course asked me about how I knew the yardage to each hole from wherever I was. After I explained it to him, he went out and bought a Magellan GPSr (I don't know the model number yet). My question is... is there a way to transfer the waypoints that I have to a Magellan GPSr? Can I write them to a disk and allow him to load them into his Magellan GPSr?

Thanks in advance. I know that you guys will provide the information that I need.

Fred

I've got a question for the experts out there. I've been using my Etrex Venture CX since December. I use it for a lot of things such as exercise (walking), trip planning, geocaching, and golf. One of the first things I did with it was to mark a waypoint at the center of each green on the course that I am a member at. I then created a route to hole 1, hole 2, hole 3, etc.

One of the guys at the course asked me about how I knew the yardage to each hole from wherever I was. After I explained it to him, he went out and bought a Magellan GPSr (I don't know the model number yet). My question is... is there a way to transfer the waypoints that I have to a Magellan GPSr? Can I write them to a disk and allow him to load them into his Magellan GPSr?

Thanks in advance. I know that you guys will provide the information that I need.

Fred

Use something like GSAK - export to it. Either one will red it.

http://gsak.net/

Fred

Load your waypoints into MapSource and then save it as a .gpx file (select Save As, and then use the drop down box in the pop up window to select the file type as .gpx, default is .gdb)

E-mail this file to your friend and he should be able to download it to his GPS the same way he downloads othr waypoints.