Cemetery hide.

enbloc

Cemetery caches can be a lot of fun ... especially when you find one of those small, forgotten cemeteries with older stones.

PLEASE! Keep in mind to be respectful of the people who may have loved ones in the cemetery. NEVER place a cache on or near a gravestone, memorial bench, floral display or any structure. Despite your best intentions there are those who feel it disrespectful to Great-Uncle Les to have a film can stashed nearby.

Try to place your cache in an out-of-the way part of the grounds where traffic to and from the cache will not disturb the residents. This will also give you the excuse to scope out better hiding places and lessen the temptation to drop of yet another micro.

It also helps to post some information or pictures about the cemetery in question. You can also check with local historical societies to help preserve the forgotten ones.

... and keep in mind that some cemeteries are private property and caches are not allowed without express permission. Save yourself the grief of having a cache archived for violation the guidelines.

Laws and guidelines permitting, and pending reviewer approval, I hereby give my blessing for my grave site to be used as a cache site (hopefully a long time from now).

That has been done here in Indy. However, there are some graveyards where your personal requests would be overridden by the company/church that runs the yard.

The good ones I've seen are placed in the periphery and allow you a good chance to check out the stones.

Among the worst I've seen included caches placed under the steps of a memorial and Hide-A-Key containers placed on a sign. Do your research and make it a good one.

Cemetery caches can be a lot of fun ... especially when you find one of those small, forgotten cemeteries with older stones.

PLEASE! Keep in mind to be respectful of the people who may have loved ones in the cemetery. NEVER place a cache on or near a gravestone, memorial bench, floral display or any structure. Despite your best intentions there are those who feel it disrespectful to Great-Uncle Les to have a film can stashed nearby.

Try to place your cache in an out-of-the way part of the grounds where traffic to and from the cache will not disturb the residents. This will also give you the excuse to scope out better hiding places and lessen the temptation to drop of yet another micro.

It also helps to post some information or pictures about the cemetery in question. You can also check with local historical societies to help preserve the forgotten ones.

... and keep in mind that some cemeteries are private property and caches are not allowed without express permission. Save yourself the grief of having a cache archived for violation the guidelines.

Sorry I had to laugh when I read that.