Mashed imprinted penny...

Hockeyhick

Once upon a cache, my wife and I found a penny in a cache that had been run through the little mashing machine and had geocaching stuff stamped on it. (ala theme-park style) She now uses it on her key ring.

Any idea where these were made, and how one can aquire some more?

I have been googlin' all morning, but haven't found anyone making the one that we have...

Can you describe it, or post a picture of it? We had our own done as a signature item. Most of the ones that have the geocaching logo on them come from the gowen family. http://smashingpennies.com/

--Marky

I think I just discovered a new signature item for me :anicute: !! It looks like you can get 500 pennies for $0.30 each (thats what you call inflation :anicute: !) plus a die fee of $120.00. So for $270.00 dollars you get 500 pennies, that equals just $0.54 per penny(and I thought $0.30 was inflated :anicute: !).

This is just $0.03 more than what you would pay at a machine at some amusement park.

I think I just discovered a new signature item for me :anicute: !! It looks like you can get 500 pennies for $0.30 each (thats what you call inflation :anicute: !) plus a die fee of $120.00. So for $270.00 dollars you get 500 pennies, that equals just $0.54 per penny(and I thought $0.30 was inflated :anicute: !).

This is just $0.03 more than what you would pay at a machine at some amusement park.

I was crunching the numbers on this as well this AM ... a good possibility.

I believe Snoogans just got a penny smasher. Not sure what his final designs are but you could check with him.

Snoogans DOES have a penny smasher, and several SMASHING geo-designs that he's going to sell. Check with him about the custom die thing, I bet he'd be hot to do it.

Happy Trails,

I did it the hard way and purchased my own press. Expensive way, rather.

The good news is, a lot of the folks who engrave dies for your press also offer a service (like at smashingpennies) where for a lot less $$$ they will engrave your die on their wheel, and smash coins as you need them. pennycollectordotcomdoes it, although I can't recall off the top of my head how much. Brad Beam and Kay Harpold have done it for me in the past. You may have more results looking up "elongated pennies" as opposed to squished. <_< Harvey Bach I believe offers that service. And I know snoogans is doing something with his press, but I am not sure how he will be operating it.

I have been googlin' all morning, but haven't found anyone making the one that we have...

Can you describe it, or post a picture of it? We had our own done as a signature item. Most of the ones that have the geocaching logo on them come from the gowen family. http://smashingpennies.com/

--Marky

Thanks for the link! I just ordered some of the smashed brass nickels with the geocaching logo! :laughing:

--Marky

Yes describe it. I have 12 smashed penny dies. 8 of which are geocaching related..... :lol:

I believe Snoogans just got a penny smasher. Not sure what his final designs are but you could check with him.

Snoogans DOES have a penny smasher, and several SMASHING geo-designs that he's going to sell. Check with him about the custom die thing, I bet he'd be hot to do it.

Happy Trails,

Not exactly as yet. But eventually I will be equipped for custom work. Give me a few months. I don't even have my website up yet and I can't really talk about it on these forums until I become a paid advertiser. I'd rather stay in good graces, since this community is my best shot to have the equipment pay for itself which will probably take several years given my recent experience at GW5. I'm not in this to get rich anyway.

Email me and be sure to give a return address. I may not email back right away, but I'll be sure to get in touch when I get a minute. I get about 100+ emails a day and another 50-100 cache find/watchlist notifications. It's a bunch to wade through.

The Gowan Family sells smashed pennies with the geocaching logo and can make a die for your own logo too. Also brass slugs (nickels) which look great in my opinion. I think their site is SmashedPenny.com

GeoPirat gave me a few of his smashed brass slugs. They look AWESOME. I gotta talk to GF about those. I plan to do a big die like that for smashin' dollar coins.

I did it the hard way and purchased my own press. Expensive way, rather.

The good news is, a lot of the folks who engrave dies for your press also offer a service (like at smashingpennies) where for a lot less $$$ they will engrave your die on their wheel, and smash coins as you need them. pennycollectordotcomdoes it, although I can't recall off the top of my head how much. Brad Beam and Kay Harpold have done it for me in the past. You may have more results looking up "elongated pennies" as opposed to squished. :lol: Harvey Bach I believe offers that service. And I know snoogans is doing something with his press, but I am not sure how he will be operating it.

GG! Did you bring the machine to the NYGO picnic last year?