help with vista cx

Hi...i'm not sure where to post this but maybe someone can help....ok so i just got a vista cx, and i'm trying to figure out how to work other things (then the geocaching)...i've been playing around with the routes feature and i'm getting alittle confused here....why is it that if i put a route in my gps and hit navigate, it keeps giving me directions only off highways?...even if i put a local only about 2 blocks from my start point it'll still give me some weird way out way of getting there?...am i doing something wrong here?...if i map out the route on my pc it shows the proper route to follow, but as soon as i load it onto my gps, it does the same weird ways again...i'd like to know how this works so when i do go geocaching in unknown cities, i'd like to know how to get there properly...i'm new to all this and i'd just like some help if possible =) thanks

When you load the maps to the GPSr, you need to make sure the check box "include route calculation data" (or words to similar effect) is ticked. Do you recall if you did this? If not, try re-sending the maps to the unit with this ticked. That should cure the problem.

When you load the maps to the GPSr, you need to make sure the check box "include route calculation data" (or words to similar effect) is ticked. Do you recall if you did this? If not, try re-sending the maps to the unit with this ticked. That should cure the problem.

Or the OP may not have any detailed maps loaded at all, thereby autorouting on the basemap. This makes more sense if the OP means "on highways" when s/he says "off highways".

I do not know what happens when one uploads a classic non-autorouting "turn here then here then here" route to an autorouting GPSr (without detailed map routing data). Perhaps exactly what the OP reports. If so, I hope there is a way to turn off autorouting, or the unit is actually less useful than a yellow eTrex in such a situation.

yeah i did notice that....but my computer won't let me click on the box to check it....i'm not sure why.... :anicute:

yeah i did notice that....but my computer won't let me click on the box to check it....i'm not sure why.... :anicute:

Might be because you have a map set that doesn't support autorouting. What kind of maps did you send to your unit?

Edited by Klatch