Garmin 60csx memory

Just had my 60csx delivered and I would like to upgrade the memory chip. I have read posts before re: maybe the unit not working right with certain ones. Any quick pointers on what to buy would be appreciated. I hope to put in as much of City Select v 6.0 and US Topo as possible (second half of licenses from my 60cs.) Thanks.

Nick

KeepOnTruckin

<H3>Q. What is the largest size microSD card that I can use in my X-series GPS unit?

A. At this time, the 2 GB cards are the largest microSD cards that can be used for the X-series GPS units. However, the X-series GPS units are not compatible with the San Disk Ultra II cards and we do not recommend using the Ultra II micro SD cards with any of the X units.

</H3>

As mentioned, the chips that won't work are the "Ultra" high-speed type. Seems the Garmin will fry these type of chip. Any of the slower (and cheaper) chips should work fine. Popular choices are Sandisk and Kinsgton, but there are many others. Sizes currently range up to 2 GB. Just remember, no matter how large the chip, you cannot upload more than 2,025 individual map segments to the Garmin. There are over 1,000 map segments in CS and over 6,600 maps segments in US Topo.

Edited by Glenn W

As mentioned, the chips that won't work are the "Ultra" high-speed type. Seems the Garmin will fry these type of chip. Any of the slower (and cheaper) chips should work fine. Popular choices are Sandisk and Kinsgton, but there are many others. Sizes currently range up to 2 GB. Just remember, no matter how large the chip, you cannot upload more than 2,025 individual map segments to the Garmin. There are over 1,000 map segments in CS and over 6,600 maps segments in US Topo.

Thanks folks--Saves me a lot of hunting around.

KeepOnTruckin