Cache Swag Question

Gadget_Cacher

I am looking to place my first cache sometime in the future. I am also beginning to find more caches in my area that have swag in them.

So my question is would Adults generally appreciate the following as swag:

Rain ponchos

Table Tennis balls

Small Flashlights

Baseballs

Glow Sticks

Tennis Balls

Cooler Ice packs (the reusable kind)

Tissues (small sealed packages)

Camping toilet tissue

I would definitely appreciate your opinions on this.

Thanks,

Sure seems like an ok list. (Assuming all are new or like new and in packages)

I often leave:

• small tools
  • small roll of duck tape
  • new shoelaces
  • small radios
  • small flashlight
  • $1 calculators
  • puzzle books
  • foriegn coins
  • batteries
  • small matchbox cars
  • bookmarks
  • sissors

and more.....

Good questions. I was also wondering about this also. Should swag be geared more toward adults? I am getting into this for my 9 and 6 yr old more than for me....but it does seem way cool!!

Also, is around $1.00 or less the target Swag value?

LwM

I often visit the local dollar store for swag. We learned very quickly to carry along things of different sizes not only to accomodate the size of the cache, but also to avoid duplication.

Key chains, tiny decks of cards, hair and wrist bands, moist towel packets, polished stones, micro toys and mini flash lights are frequent swag we trade. Hope to graduate to team geocoins one day! Have fun!

:shocked:

Good questions. I was also wondering about this also. Should swag be geared more toward adults? I am getting into this for my 9 and 6 yr old more than for me....but it does seem way cool!!

LwM

The idea is to always trade even or up. Most stuff you will find will be in the 50 cent to $3 range. Dollar store items are quite common. I also carry a $25 timex watch in case I find something far more valuable to trade for. Have used them for trade 3 times over the year's.

I guess it would depend on the cachers that you follow. From the ones we have seen, unless its a new cache (and even then its iffy) the value of items seems to be less than a quarter. Sometimes far less.

I'm adding a decent number of found caches to my list, but what I've found in the way of swag is pretty disappointing. Not that I'm trying to find a rare treasure, but items other than broken McDonald's toys or the equivalent would be fun to find. Heck, an interesting rock would be cool. I'm totally aware that one person's junk is another man's treasure, but there's no way anyone wants mildewed baseball cards or pieces of broken toys. Seriously considering carrying extra swag to revamp some of these caches. Not intending to insult fellow cachers, but is anyone with me on this? :huh:

I agree with you cach2find. I've found a few rundown ones that are disappointing. I seldom trade but when I do the items I carry are emergency whistles, ponchos and carabiner water bottle holders. One thing I've seen a couple of times now and thought was a good idea was paperback books, I might start doing that as well.