Garmin Vista C Software Update

I've noticed that Garmin has updated the software version (2.70) for the Etrex Vista Cx, but not the Vista C (which is a discontinued model). The new sfotware version corrects, among other things, for the U.S. modification to daylight savings time. So far, there is no such update for the Vista C. I was wondering if anyone has tried to update their Vista C with the 2.70 Vista Cx software to make the daylight savings correction?

Thanks

i would not try to update your vista c with cx software it's not the same unit. and could harm your unit give garmin a call 1-800-800-1020 and see if they can help you

I've noticed that Garmin has updated the software version (2.70) for the Etrex Vista Cx, but not the Vista C (which is a discontinued model). The new sfotware version corrects, among other things, for the U.S. modification to daylight savings time. So far, there is no such update for the Vista C. I was wondering if anyone has tried to update their Vista C with the 2.70 Vista Cx software to make the daylight savings correction?

Thanks

i would not try to update your vista c with cx software it's not the same unit. and could harm your unit give garmin a call 1-800-800-1020 and see if they can help you

Thanks

More than likely since your unit is "Legacy" there will not be an update available.

Tough luck, but Garmin does not update firmware on discontinued models.

Actually, just last week Garmin posted updates for the Streetpilot i2, i3 and i5. They have been discontinued for a while. They do it, but you shouldn't count on it being a high priority.

Tough luck, but Garmin does not update firmware on discontinued models.

Actually, just last week Garmin posted updates for the Streetpilot i2, i3 and i5. They have been discontinued for a while. They do it, but you shouldn't count on it being a high priority.

I own a legendC so I can relate to the OP issue with no more firmware updates for discontinued models. I also own a 60cx so for me I would hope they spend no time on discontinued models, but rather spend more time on the current gps receivers.

seems strange that they updated the firmware for those discontinued streetpilots.

Case in point. This afternoon Garmin posted v. 4.20 for the 60C, 60CS, 76C and 76CS and 2.70 for the Legend C and Vista C. For some reason the daylight savings time issue is not addressed.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloads...167&pID=263

Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:

* Improved support for Macintosh USB.

* Corrected support for certain carpool/toll roads types in Austria and Switzerland.

Edited by allory

Case in point. This afternoon Garmin posted v. 4.20 for the 60C, 60CS, 76C and 76CS and 2.70 for the Legend C and Vista C. For some reason the daylight savings time issue is not addressed.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloads...167&pID=263

Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:

* Improved support for Macintosh USB.

* Corrected support for certain carpool/toll roads types in Austria and Switzerland.

Thanks for the information and the link. I down loaded the new file and updated my Vista C. Hopefully they really did made a correction for Daylight Savings Time (they did in the 2.70 ver for the Vista Cx) and just didn't include the fact in the update description. Guess I'll find out next March