Scheduled PQ didn't run yesterday

Skippermark

I have a PQ set to run each Wednesday, but it didn't run yesterday even though it was checked to run. Because I need it, I told it to to run day, and it was generated and sent in about a minute.

Also, the same PQ didn't run last Wednesday either (it's scheduled day) and actually ran mid-morning on Thursday, but I never told it to run Thursday.

Both PQs showed as running on Thursday and deducted from my alloted Thurdsay available PQs.

It's not a big thing, but I was just curious why they wouldn't run on their scheduled days. This has never happened before.

Edited by Skippermark

Ditto here. According to the query list, my query that was scheduled for yesterday never ran, and the one I have scheduled for today which is usually here by the time I wake up has not run yet, either.

By contrast, a brand-new query I created yesterday was delivered within minutes.

The order they run is based on the last time the query ran last. Priority goes to new queries first, and the others run in the order of the oldest generated. So if you have a query run once a week it will arrive on that day much faster than someone who runs the query every day. It is recommended that you stagger your queries. Or even better, create new queries only when you need them.

This was taken from the bottom of the Pocket Query page.

I noticed the other week I couldn't get a PQ to run that I had last ran 4 or 5 days prior. I decided to "copy" the query and then I requested the new, copied, query to run and within 3 minutes I had the emailed PQ. Newer queries have priority, so if you can't get one of your regular PQs to run try making a copy of it and requesting the copy.

Jared of AZBliss02

Edited by AZBliss02

I had the same problem not receiving my PQ this week.

But there is something else too.

For Thursday (yesterday), I have a total of 3 PQ that are scheduled (at least that is what the number at the bottom of the column tell me). When I want to add a new PQ for this day I got this message:

Sorry. You have exceeded the maximum limit of 5 queries per day for Thursday

But there is only 3 PQ actually scheduled :unsure:

I simply do not understand ... Can't get out of the car for this one :blink: !

Periodically I have pocket queries that don't run. No specific day of the week and they are not set to automatically run. I may ask for 2 PQs and get one. Sometimes a PQ will show that it ran on the website but I never get it. Other times it just never runs. When this happens, I can request it the next day and get it without a problem. I've learned to not wait until the day I need the PQ to ask for it, I get it the day before so that I know I"ll have it.

For Thursday (yesterday), I have a total of 3 PQ that are scheduled (at least that is what the number at the bottom of the column tell me). When I want to add a new PQ for this day I got this message:

Sorry. You have exceeded the maximum limit of 5 queries per day for Thursday

But there is only 3 PQ actually scheduled :unsure:

I simply do not understand ... Can't get out of the car for this one :blink: !

I ran into the same problem yesterday. I think the issue is that some of my PQs from Wednesday didn't run until Thursday, and at that point they were counting against my Thursday total. So 2 PQs from Wed + 3 scheduled to run on Thurs = 5, so I couldn't add any more to my Thursday list. ;)

dave

. . . if you have a query run once a week it will arrive on that day much faster than someone who runs the query every day. It is recommended that you stagger your queries. Or even better, create new queries only when you need them.

This was taken from the bottom of the Pocket Query page.

I have only two regular/permanent querys. They run only once a week, on Wednesdays. This week they did not run until Thursday.

Can someone tell us what is happening here please i would like my friday pq's on friday not saturday should i be rescheduling to allow for a hiccup or is it permanent ?? do we turn them off and then on again ?? please advise i am a day behind at present and would like to go caching with fresh data this weekend please.

Can someone tell us what is happening here please i would like my friday pq's on friday not saturday should i be rescheduling to allow for a hiccup or is it permanent ?? do we turn them off and then on again ?? please advise i am a day behind at present and would like to go caching with fresh data this weekend please.

It has been my experience that "Scheduled" PQs are more trouble than they are worth . . . :unsure: For this "cache-rich" area, it is easier for me to have several different PQs, each of which covers a portion of the region.

I keep the PQ page open as another tab in my browser. If I need a PQ for this cache-rich area, I just click on that tab, check out the list of PQs, and if the PQ has run within the last seven days, I make a copy of it. I set it to delete after it runs, set it to run that day, and it arrives in my InBox within minutes. :blink:

That is much better than waiting around, and waiting around, and waiting around, wondering if the PQ will arrive in time for me to filter the caches and get them in my GPSr and Palm before I want to go caching.

I keep the PQ page open as another tab in my browser. If I need a PQ for this cache-rich area, I just click on that tab, check out the list of PQs, and if the PQ has run within the last seven days, I make a copy of it. I set it to delete after it runs, set it to run that day, and it arrives in my InBox within minutes. :huh:

Thanks, Miragee for the workaround. I received one PQ today that had never run before, but the three weekly ones of where I frequently cache never arrived. I did as you suggested, and it worked great. One was actually generated and sent by the time the page refreshed after telling it to run today.