etrex Venture Cx Firmware Updare

I updated the firmware from 2.60 to 2.70 this morning on my etrex Venture Cx. The update went well without problems.

One the Garmin pages this is what was updated or fixed with this release:

Change History

Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:

Updated daylight saving time dates.

Add capability for 2 wide data fields on map, compass, and highway pages.

Add capability for 1 wide data fields on map page.

Add data card information page.

Add selectable alarms for proximity waypoints and custom POI.

Improve labeling and scanning of custom POI on the map page.

Add capability to see vertical profile of an autoroute using DEM topo data.

Fixed issue with incorrect dates showing when editing the data field for Sun & Moon page and Hunt & Fish page.

Fixed issue where invalid find menu options could show when using the Auto Order feature.

Fixed issue where route names would be converted to upper case during editing.

Fixed issue where invalid related software can be selected when using the WebUpdater.

Fixed issue where keyboard characters won't update when editing the Welcome message.

I can't seem to be able to figure out how to "see vertical profile of an autoroute using DEM topo data"

Any ideas?

Edited by skroner

I am no expert but I saw else where on these forums this:

"To reset the Venture Cx, I pressed "page" "power" and "enter" at the same time."

The reset procedure was given by the Garmin helpline.

Be careful, as far as I know it will also wipe any of your saved data too, so be ware.

One question from a beginner, how do I find out what version firmware I have on my Venture Cx?

Edited by passdump

I don't have my GPS here with me at the moment but I THINK it's:

Go to main menu (Press menu button twice)

Setup,

System,

Press the menu button again

I think these are the steps to view the firmware version.

I am no expert but I saw else where on these forums this:

"To reset the Venture Cx, I pressed "page" "power" and "enter" at the same time."

The reset procedure was given by the Garmin helpline.

Be careful, as far as I know it will also wipe any of your saved data too, so be ware.

One question from a beginner, how do I find out what version firmware I have on my Venture Cx?

I don't have my GPS here with me at the moment but I THINK it's:

Go to main menu (Press menu button twice)

Setup,

System,

Press the menu button again

I think these are the steps to view the firmware version.

Thanks for that (I don't mean to hijack the post)

I can't seem to be able to figure out how to "see vertical profile of an autoroute using DEM topo data"

Any ideas?

First, you need to have "DEM topo data" type mapping loaded, such as Nat Parks 24K Topo, if your location has this coverage. Once you have that loaded as part of your total map set, you can create a Track or Route by assigning waypoints, or you can use an existing saved Track or Route. These Tracks or Routes must be over the DEM topo data to be able to build a Profile. If not, you will be viewing a flat profile.

Any ideas?

First, you need to have "DEM topo data" type mapping loaded, such as Nat Parks 24K Topo, if your location has this coverage. Once you have that loaded as part of your total map set, you can create a Track or Route by assigning waypoints, or you can use an existing saved Track or Route. These Tracks or Routes must be over the DEM topo data to be able to build a Profile. If not, you will be viewing a flat profile.

Thanks!

I only have the United States TOPO maps. I guess it won't work with that.

Edited by skroner