NEED HELP CALCULATING

There is a new cache near me I would like to find called "Air Drop" (lancaster, PA). However, in order to find it you have to know how to run some calculations concerning the cache being dropped from a plane. Any suggestions as to where I might be able get some help to do the math on this one?

What GPSr do you have? I have a Garmin Vista, and it has an accessory called "Jumpmaster", which sounds like what you need. If you have the data, I can try for you.

Looks like I'd need the following info (never used this before).

Jump type: (it must be HAHO, HALO, or Static)

Desired impact point: (I am assumming GPS coordinates)

Drop altitude: (in feet)

Forward throw:

Course to HARP:

Not sure what else. I'm willing to give this a shot.

Ahh. Never mind. I found the cache page you speak of. If I get some time, I will see what my GPS does. Hopefully later today if you still need it... But I don't think I will post drop coordinates here. We'll see.

You don't think you will post drop coordinates here? This is the answer to a Puzzle Cache!

If you were thinking at all you would not even be considering that. And the OP only asked for some help, not the answer.

Not to worry. I would never post the answer here (wouldn't want anyone to google the answer).

My posts were very poorly worded. I guess what I really meant is that I would try and solve it myself, and let the OP know if I had figured it out or not. Then we would move on to how much or how little info he may need.

The cache page does have a link to a calculator for this puzzle, there's the first bit of help...

Hmm. looks like that link may only convert among various GPS notation formats, not this drop calculation. And it also seems that the GPSr only works in reverse. I don't know. I like this one, but I don't think I will be of any help. I'll keep poking at it though...