Military Geocaching Link

Not sure if this is the right place to add a link (I am sure I will get a smack bottom if it is not).

There is another forum for military and ex military geocachers the world over, although it is 99% american - I think I am the other 1% - yay I'm special (no gags please). I have been allowed moderator status and have created a part of the board for UK members.

It is a place for geocachers to come and chat with forces connections (and the sometimes unique rules and problems we have). I for one am off to somewhere unmentionable over christmas (bah humbug), and have found there are caches on the bases where I will be going.

Come along and check it out.

http://www.militarycache.org/

Not sure if this is the right place to add a link (I am sure I will get a smack bottom if it is not).

There is another forum for military and ex military geocachers the world over, although it is 99% american - I think I am the other 1% - yay I'm special (no gags please). I have been allowed moderator status and have created a part of the board for UK members.

It is a place for geocachers to come and chat with forces connections (and the sometimes unique rules and problems we have). I for one am off to somewhere unmentionable over christmas (bah humbug), and have found there are caches on the bases where I will be going.

Come along and check it out.

http://www.militarycache.org/

You seem to be alone at the mo!

I have joined (waiting for the activation e-mail, cannot access at the office!)

Ex-RAF myself, got bored with it all when we started wearing green stuff and followed the Army into using tents instead of 4-Star hotels. I say chaps, it's no way to fight a war!

There are many geo-cachers in the Mob, I used to get out and about all over the place geo-geeking. Two I particularly remember were:

Went to the Oman once and was well disappointed when I turned on my Vista and found the nearest cache was a mere 480 miles away.

Real north of Norway, 25 feet from one cache but it was under 6 foot of snow on the banks of a very frozen river with the needle pointing out into the water. The river was frozen - except where the water was so fast that the ice couldn't form, and that wasn't far enough from the cache for comfort. I wasn't walking out there!